Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
The only time I've read that exhaust back-pressure can add power is in one of these scenarios:
  • If the factory tune can't compensate for the additional airflow, and the motor runs lean.
  • 2-stroke engines, to prevent the intake charge from blowing right out the exhaust
  • If the (4-stroke) engine has a too high overlap camshaft, and the back-pressure effectively lessens the overlap. This is not the scenario for the 3.6, since it has VVT.
Cool still you might gain 5HP and get a lot of drone:giggle:
Sponsored

SaltyJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, last year i bought my Borla ATAK exhaust and i wasn't saticfied ; It wasn't loud enough. I need something much louder and i don't wanna buy based on videos judgment because they aren't clear. I don't wanna repeat that mistake. I need some people experience. I've been recommended to get either the Flowmaster outlaw or the Gibson mulisha, but are there any more recommendations. Any one has any ideas about the
Rebel Series 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

I need something extremely loud and aggressive. Drone doesn't bother me
I got the Flowmaster Outlaw and I’m pretty darn happy with it. It’s loud and tucks up nicely over the axle and doesn’t protrude below the bumper (ie..no hang ups off road). I don’t notice any droning at highway speeds. It’s loud under acceleration, which I like. Here are some pics of it:

B55735B8-E170-4F6F-A1CE-96ABC2479314.jpeg

3E1E0349-A0CB-4607-BC7D-54D740849188.jpeg

6E84CA40-C0A8-4F37-8107-69FC612FCE77.jpeg

0F71A607-CB03-42DF-ACC5-05103A6DBFFF.jpeg

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hi, last year i bought my Borla ATAK exhaust and i wasn't saticfied ; It wasn't loud enough. I need something much louder and i don't wanna buy based on videos judgment because they aren't clear. I don't wanna repeat that mistake. I need some people experience. I've been recommended to get either the Flowmaster outlaw or the Gibson mulisha, but are there any more recommendations. Any one has any ideas about the
Rebel Series 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

I need something extremely loud and aggressive. Drone doesn't bother me
You can do this with most exhausts... Get hearing aids