The KZ wait

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray, 2004 TJ 4.0, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I thought I was impatient during the build process but now that I know the ordered Jeep has been built but sitting in a parking lot in Toledo Ohio waiting for shipping is even worse. Is there any rhyme or reason to how a completed Jeep gets processed for shipment and actually loaded onto a truck? 11 days being built and not shipped is certainly not as long as some people have had to deal with but it sure is frustrating
Sponsored

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
I'm in the same boat (same parking lot?) and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve that's watching the clock until Christmas morning. I hate it. :)

USAFChiefret

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon in Ocean Blue on May 4th
Occupation
Retired
I’m another member of the KZ wait. Not quite as long as you...mine went to KZ on 21 June. Dealer says it is physically in the train yard waiting to be loaded. The estimated delivery to the dealer is 9July.

Keeping fingers crossed it gets here sooner than later.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I am in the same boat .. but for some reason mine was moved to the Belvidere plant the other day

Blkjak (Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL - Sting-Gray)
Date ordered: 04/12/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/04/2018 - 07/08/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/14/2018 Hour 23
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/17/18 05:26:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Production Status KZ Received 06/18/18 12:00:00 AM
Gate Out 06/23/18 12:11:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/24/18 06:13:00 AM BELVIDERE, IL PLANT

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
I am in the same boat .. but for some reason mine was moved to the Belvidere plant the other day
I think we're twins! I hit D1 sometime between 6/1 and 6/4, hit J-something around 6/15, and hit KZLD around 6/19. Also sting-gray JLU, though mine is a Sport S. My dealer hasn't been so forthcoming with the statuses, so I don't have any more detail than that. Seems kind of late in the game to get in on one of the other websites' paid tracking lists now...

Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I think we're twins! I hit D1 sometime between 6/1 and 6/4, hit J-something around 6/15, and hit KZLD around 6/19. Also sting-gray JLU, though mine is a Sport S. My dealer hasn't been so forthcoming with the statuses, so I don't have any more detail than that. Seems kind of late in the game to get in on one of the other websites' paid tracking lists now...
I joined up because I could not get any straight answers from Jeep Chat or the hotline and I did not want to keep bothering my dealer .. unfortunately now I end up checking tracking 2-3 times a day to see if there is any movement

OP
OP
Southbend44

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I just knew what the time line is and the reason behind it - does FCA shipping require a full truck to a set dealer before it goes ? Seems a logical transport method we at least be broken down by area and not specific to a dealer. Jeep chat and the dealer aren’t able to provide me with any input other than ~ shipping details are awaiting to be assigned ~

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I wish I just knew what the time line is and the reason behind it - does FCA shipping require a full truck to a set dealer before it goes ? Seems a logical transport method we at least be broken down by area and not specific to a dealer. Jeep chat and the dealer aren’t able to provide me with any input other than ~ shipping details are awaiting to be assigned ~
Looks like you had a "Gate Out" a couple of days ago .. so it is on the move to somewhere

Sponsored

OP
OP
Southbend44

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you had a "Gate Out" a couple of days ago .. so it is on the move to somewhere
Yeah I saw the gate out update - but if you scroll down to the coding it has the VDC as a holding lot awaiting shipping. Maybe FCA is trying to teach me patience and wants me to work this agony of waiting.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Update: my Mojito+TRMS just got built. Ingate Stickney VDC at 3PM; official KZ status at 4PM; Ingate Rail VDC at 7PM. They also predicted delivery last week of July.

Last edited:

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
How do you know this and can I get the same info?
Jeep Garage is another forum that you can track .. you have to sign up to be a VIP member $30
Yeah I saw the gate out update - but if you scroll down to the coding it has the VDC as a holding lot awaiting shipping. Maybe FCA is trying to teach me patience and wants me to work this agony of waiting.
They have definitely tried the patience of a lot of us .. looks like mine got put on a rail car today (probably the first of many) but it looks like it is moving .. hopefully yours will get moving as well very soon

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I just got another good laugh. Twice in June, my dealer informed me that my Rubi 'was in the process' of being built and then told Toledo had not even started. Today another email from dealer: "my rep has told me that the Rubi is being built and will be shipped by Friday".
Has anyone ever heard of a JL being built and shipped out in the same week? I think what they mean is that 'shipping' is driving out of the assembly building into a parking lot!
For most of us there is some time ranging from a couple of days to infinity between when it hits KZ status (built and invoiced) until it actually starts moving somewhere either to be put on a truck or rail

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
My dealer told me today that my JL is on a train and moving. Which makes about ten days in KZLD. Not sure if that's helpful to anyone else...
Sponsored