The JLU Gets A New Badge-PROTESTER RATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
And thus we need the economy to fully reopen but some won’t allow that. Stop paying people more to sit on their butts would be a good start.
And thus we need to contain the spread of the virus first.

States that have tried to reopen have had to put reopening plans on hiatus, and some even reverse, as infection spread spiked.

Unfortunately, some of these jobs are not coming back. It is going to take the airline, hospitality, restaurant, and much of the service sectors, a very long time to rebound.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
that's like a military leader saying the enemy will eventually run out of ammo and combatants, keep pushing forward without any regards towards safety with your assets.
I dont disagree to your points however there must be some level of caution being applied to reduce risk/exposure. The sooner it passes the sooner we get back to a semi-normal life. Heed no caution and the virus continues to spread and hang around and further delay the economy fully opening back up.
I'm middle of the road, I dont subscribe to full closure nor anti-masking. I wear my mask when out, i try my best to keep social distance and I limit the amount of time I'm out. I care about not causing the spread, especially to my family, but in the long run so we can move past this.
Indeed, consumers have spoken: even if you try to reopen the economy, consumers are not going to go out and spend money if they feel their health, and/or that of their loved ones, is at risk.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
that's like a military leader saying the enemy will eventually run out of ammo and combatants, keep pushing forward without any regards towards safety with your assets.
I dont disagree to your points however there must be some level of caution being applied to reduce risk/exposure. The sooner it passes the sooner we get back to a semi-normal life. Heed no caution and the virus continues to spread and hang around and further delay the economy fully opening back up.
I'm middle of the road, I dont subscribe to full closure nor anti-masking. I wear my mask when out, i try my best to keep social distance and I limit the amount of time I'm out. I care about not causing the spread, especially to my family, but in the long run so we can move past this.
I don’t see your analogy as accurate but I’ll run with it. Wearing an uncertified Swiss cheese mask is akin to pointing your rifle down range and yelling bang rather than being loaded. It’s more satisfying than silence upon the squeeze but doesn’t give the results needed or desired. It’s going through the motions and a placebo.

Sticking with the basics... washing, disinfecting, distance. Some things taught decades ago are still most effective.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport unlimited, 1976 GMC High Sierra 4x4 Lifted on 35's
you block the innerstate like that id do the same damn thing with out thinking twice. each one of those protesters can be held at a federal level for kidnapping for each person in each vehicle for stopping you unwillingly. and at that point its your life against mine I WILL BE the one going home to my family. I have no sympathy to anyone that is protesting in the middle of the road way and throwing and shooting crap at innocent persons. cant wait to see all the fines these people will face with feds get all these people identified by the videos theyre posting.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport unlimited, 1976 GMC High Sierra 4x4 Lifted on 35's
I seriously hope the driver of the Jeep is not charged with anything
you can not be charged as they shot at the jeep in the original video you can hear the gun shot's. and its also kid napping stopping a motorist unwillingly... now if the state doesnt back the drive or the judge that judge should be removed from their seat.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Sticking with the basics... washing, disinfecting, distance. Some things taught decades ago are still most effective.
unfortunately you cant make everyone wash and disinfect. I've seen grown ass men walk out of the shitter without washing and they know they should. Same applies now with Covid situation. That leaves distance. How do we sort out the distance situation? Everyone is sick and tired of staying at home and not going out anywhere. It's 'Murica so we can do whatever the f*ck we want, you cant tell us what to do. Young people who think they are impervious to everything, partying it up with no intentions of keeping distance, or better yet having Covid parties gambling to see who contracts it first! The flare up/up-ticks of cases are a direct result of loosening restrictions and people not doing what they should do.
The argument will continue on because people want no lock downs, no mask mandates, no restrictions at all. Or part/all of the fore-mentioned. Can't appease everyone and everyone thinks they know what's best. I don't claim to have the answers. I can only do my part to help lesson the problem. I'll wear my mask, especially since it's mandated in my county/state. I'll limit my exposure to others, I'll continue to wash my hands and disinfect things I come in contact with. If the stupidity continues and the pandemic gets worse, it's not on me.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
unfortunately you cant make everyone wash and disinfect. I've seen grown ass men walk out of the shitter without washing and they know they should. Same applies now with Covid situation. That leaves distance. How do we sort out the distance situation? Everyone is sick and tired of staying at home and not going out anywhere. It's 'Murica so we can do whatever the f*ck we want, you cant tell us what to do. Young people who think they are impervious to everything, partying it up with no intentions of keeping distance, or better yet having Covid parties gambling to see who contracts it first! The flare up/up-ticks of cases are a direct result of loosening restrictions and people not doing what they should do.
The argument will continue on because people want no lock downs, no mask mandates, no restrictions at all. Or part/all of the fore-mentioned. Can't appease everyone and everyone thinks they know what's best. I don't claim to have the answers. I can only do my part to help lesson the problem. I'll wear my mask, especially since it's mandated in my county/state. I'll limit my exposure to others, I'll continue to wash my hands and disinfect things I come in contact with. If the stupidity continues and the pandemic gets worse, it's not on me.
You won’t know if it’s on you or not. Anyone... anyone who is out in public accepts they might give AND get the virus because it’s that contagious. Leaky ass masks that are not surgical N95 or outright gas masks like cheap blue masks hanging from rear view mirrors are not magically catching anything or anything significant at best. Also some shaking Covid off and putting it back into the air, improper cross contamination procedures, increased exposure time thinking that cheap mask helps ...improper mask removal ... more than make up for any significant impact a cheap mask makes over just staying away from people period.

And if we’re spitting hairs on making single digit or less impacts...an argument could be made to wear quality masks, social distance, and have good hygiene indefinitely because there are definitely more potentially deadly viruses.

It’s hysteria and also some “going through the motions” due to social pressure. It makes people feel safe seeing masks though. Kinda like these fashion accessories...

1D776992-64F8-483E-A1DB-89CB93042E1E.jpeg

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I believe in a country that was founded under the principles of rugged individualism. I never signed any social contracts or agreed to be responsible for anyone else in any way, shape, or form. The annual flu has, and will continue to kill more people every year than COVID, yet we have no annual freak out about that. I feel that people who are scared should stay at home, hide under the bed, lock themselves in a closet, whatever they feel is necessary but those of us who aren't should be able to go on with our lives without ridiculous government mandates.

1quick1

Staff member
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously hope the driver of the Jeep is not charged with anything
Denver is not too far behind and trying very hard to be like CA, Portland, and other cities we see going down the drain. So with that said, considering the guy who shot a gun 6x got 4 charges of attempted murder, I'm sure the Jeep will get 4,000 attempted murder charges.

They've been "peacefully" rioting protesting here too. Just not as peacefully as in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, etc.

1596054492003.png

1596054614890.png

1596054663323.png

BTW moving this thread to another forum.

nostatic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
You won’t know if it’s on you or not. Anyone... anyone who is out in public accepts they might give AND get the virus because it’s that contagious. Leaky ass masks that are not surgical N95 or outright gas masks like cheap blue masks hanging from rear view mirrors are not magically catching anything or anything significant at best. Also some shaking Covid off and putting it back into the air, improper cross contamination procedures, increased exposure time thinking that cheap mask helps ...improper mask removal ... more than make up for any significant impact a cheap mask makes over just staying away from people period.

And if we’re spitting hairs on making single digit or less impacts...an argument could be made to wear quality masks, social distance, and have good hygiene indefinitely because there are definitely more potentially deadly viruses.

It’s hysteria and also some “going through the motions” due to social pressure. It makes people feel safe seeing masks though. Kinda like these fashion accessories...

1D776992-64F8-483E-A1DB-89CB93042E1E.jpeg
Actually masks, even those that aren't N95 rated, have efficacy:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

There certainly are people who don't wear them correctly, but a lot of the anti-mask rhetoric is nonsense. And if you want to talk about "going through the motions", this piece talks about "hygiene theater" and the fact that "deep cleaning" is probably unnecessary:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/scourge-hygiene-theater/614599/

At the end of the day, nature wins. I keep hearing people talk about wanting things to get back to normal. The reality is that normal is gone and likely never coming back. The world was long overdue for a natural pandemic due to a lot of factors. This just won't "disappear", and once there is a vaccine, there will be something else (e.g. TB that is fully drug-resistant, MRSA, or a highly virulent influenza strain). So we can put our heads in the sand and blindly try to return to the status quo, or we can adapt social norms and economic approaches to something that is more viable long-term.

Consider that humans have only had antibiotics and anti virals for about 100 years. So our ability to "control" infections is a recent phenomenon and has been mis-used for decades (taking antibiotics for a cold, using them in feedstocks, etc). We've gotten lazy and spoiled - and have taken science for granted to the point of marginalizing it. Now we want a quick fix. Well, it there isn't one. Reality is a harsh pill...

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Somebody needs to remind these protesters that a Jeep's Windows, Door and Windshield are designed to be removable. Someone should also tell them why they were designed as such originally (hint: it wasn't for off road recreation we do these days). Guarantee you many of these millennial snow flake protesters will piss their pants once they find out why and think twice before blocking a Jeep's way again.

Disclaimer: All this is happening as part of the left and RINO's way to get 45 out of power as everything else seems to be failing. I am a 1986 born minority living in this country (an India born and raised Sikh) and am seriously fed up with these dirty tactics. If they want to see Police Brutality come with me to India. I will show you police brutality!
I wanna go

MrMischief

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Somebody needs to remind these protesters that a Jeep's Windows, Door and Windshield are designed to be removable. Someone should also tell them why they were designed as such originally
Okay I have no idea what the reasons were for originally designing the Jeep as such, so I'll ask.

Windows: to let in the breeze? This was before AC

Doors: so the river passes through the Jeep rather than pushing it down stream?

Windshield: easy packing and stack for the trip Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quadratec