The JLU Gets A New Badge-PROTESTER RATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
And thus we need the economy to fully reopen but some won’t allow that. Stop paying people more to sit on their butts would be a good start.
I agree with the unemployment stimulus, however..... I'll just stop there.

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
fwiw, they did kinda threaten to lynch the Governor....so there's that.

after all...they were really mad about being asked to stay home for a couple weeks and not being able to get a haircut and stuff...

the struggle is real
Fake news, the only verified threat was made on social media and that man was arrested. Are you by any chance a drama actor?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I fully support the 1st Amendment, as long as it's done peacefully. How do you folks think that this country was formed in the first place? That said, guns and protests don't mix.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
fwiw, they did kinda threaten to lynch the Governor....so there's that.

after all...they were really mad about being asked to stay home for a couple weeks and not being able to get a haircut and stuff...

the struggle is real
Are you really comparing the analogical handful to a crowd on the other end of the spectrum? That’s grasping.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
I fully support the 1st Amendment, as long as it's done peacefully. How do you folks think that this country was formed in the first place? That said, guns and protests don't mix.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Blocking traffic is an illegal, albeit effective method of protesting in the United States. When protesters block traffic, they are engaging in civil disobedience, a term coined by one of America's earliest freethinkers and intellectuals, Henry David Thoreau.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I agree with the unemployment stimulus, however..... I'll just stop there.
Corona WILL work it’s way through. There’s never been anything to the contrary said by virologists. Those cheap homemade masks and thin blue disposable don’t filter to the micron level needed and people feel too confident and increase their exposure time which will determine spread rate. At the other end, you can’t close up the economy. We’re not a primarily self sustaining society anymore...we need people and the exposure that comes with it.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
not comparing anything. i haven't seen the beginning of the video that started it all.

they blocked our freeway during the early protests. people simply asked, and then they made a lane and let people go by on the median.

i even saw a...wait for it....jeep go through. (no idea about his or her pending flight status though)

go figure.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Blocking traffic is an illegal, albeit effective method of protesting in the United States. When protesters block traffic, they are engaging in civil disobedience, a term coined by one of America's earliest freethinkers and intellectuals, Henry David Thoreau.
It’s more akin to blackmail. Conform or you can’t cross. Some trips are for recreation, some are necessary. IE- Blocking ambulances, fire trucks, police, employees, groceries...

Reactions: VNT

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

When protesters block traffic, they are criminals, no need for liberal double speak.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Corona WILL work it’s way through. There’s never been anything to the contrary said by virologists. Those cheap homemade masks and thin blue disposable don’t filter to the micron level needed and people feel too confident and increase their exposure time which will determine spread rate. At the other end, you can’t close up the economy. We’re not a primarily self sustaining society anymore...we need people and the exposure that comes with it.
that's like a military leader saying the enemy will eventually run out of ammo and combatants, keep pushing forward without any regards towards safety with your assets.
I dont disagree to your points however there must be some level of caution being applied to reduce risk/exposure. The sooner it passes the sooner we get back to a semi-normal life. Heed no caution and the virus continues to spread and hang around and further delay the economy fully opening back up.
I'm middle of the road, I dont subscribe to full closure nor anti-masking. I wear my mask when out, i try my best to keep social distance and I limit the amount of time I'm out. I care about not causing the spread, especially to my family, but in the long run so we can move past this.

nostatic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Right - but this is the General discussion forum, not the PFWR forum.

I suppose we could get into a semantic argument about what defines a "forum". Or what defines "what." Or we could just find Mr. Barnard in room 12...

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Police need to stop this crap on the interstates, protestors need to be dealt with, guy minding his own business needs to travel and these idiots think they have the right to shutdown a highway.

Whomever shot at the Jeep needs some jail time,

Need a new badge for running over these idiots.
1596037854064.jpeg
blocking Interstates should fall under Interstate Commerce "clause" and anyone obstructing them charged with a federal crime.

I'm not going out like Reginald Denny. Tooth and nail if you surround me or chase me if I turn around. Tooth and nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSC Motorsports