Sponsored

The Jeep Wrangler is One of the Most Unreliable Cars of 2020

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
My 19 JLU Sahara in the picture to the left had 35K miles when I traded her for a 21 Rubicon JLU 4xe. my 4xe now has about 3K miles. The 19 was amazingly perfect. My 4xe is perfect but very new. All of my Jeeps from my CJ7 to my to Cherokee to my 90 and up Wranglers losing track how many, 8 or so Jeeps at this point have been very reliable. Actually if you include my dad's Willy's that I learned how to drive on, and the Grand Wagoneer that we inherited from my uncle and a few others along the way you could say we had up to 11 in total but who's counting. One of my posts does mention that Consumer Reports rated the new Gladiator to be the most reliable new vehicle of 2020. Hate them or love them, I was able to trade in my 19 for my 21 for $700 more then I purchased it for. You can't really say that about any other make or model vehicle so all of you haters can take your Prius's and bore yourselves to tears.
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
^^^ this.
ā€˜I traded in my 18 JLU Sahara for a truck awhile ago and I got back more than I paid originally. you could never do that with a Honda or even a Beemer. I missed the Jeep so got rid of the truck and back in a Jeep now.

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
^^^ this.
ā€˜I traded in my 18 JLU Sahara for a truck awhile ago and I got back more than I paid originally. you could never do that with a Honda or even a Beemer. I missed the Jeep so got rid of the truck and back in a Jeep now.

FYI...there is a Honda currently out there that equals and actually bests wranglers resale value in most areas and circumstances.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
FYI...there is a Honda currently out there that equals and actually bests wranglers resale value in most areas and circumstances.
Ok. Well maybe it would be a great camping car because a Honda is boring and would put me to sleep. (I had a Honda)

lol.

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
Ok. Well maybe it would be a great camping car because a Honda is boring and would put me to sleep. (I had a Honda)

lol.

You had the wrong Honda then....a Civic Type R is not boring or will lull you to sleep...just the opposite in fact. A great camping car??? Huh???

Anyways...Wranglers n Grand Cherokees usually have average to slightly above reliability scores. What brings down Jeep as a whole is the other models like Renegades,Cherokees,n Compasses with that God awful 9 speed tranny. Which they still haven't really fixed years later and still use(as one example that brings them down as a whole).

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
You had the wrong Honda then....a Civic Type R is not boring or will lull you to sleep...just the opposite in fact. A great camping car??? Huh???

Anyways...Wranglers n Grand Cherokees usually have average to slightly above reliability scores. What brings down Jeep as a whole is the other models like Renegades,Cherokees,n Compasses with that God awful 9 speed tranny. Which they still haven't really fixed years later and still use(as one example that brings them down as a whole).
Ok. enjoy your Honda Civic Type R. I know nothing about it other than itā€™s primary competitor is the WRX STI. Iā€™m not a drifter or tuner but Iā€™m sure those folks love it. Not a big fan of any street legal car with a wing myself. But to each their own. Both are fast though. Zoom zoom.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
"The Jeep Wrangler is One of the Most Unreliable Cars of 2020"

Yeah, but probably pretty reliable for a rock crawler.

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
Meh, never heard of the website, I donā€™t think there is any more complaining about quality here than most other brand/model forums and Iā€™m always skeptical of the data here. One jack wagon who didnā€™t know what they were getting (its too loud, rides rough) or had a bad dealership experience can skew these numbers.

Picking my 4xE up tomorrow and this will be my 4th FCA product...PT Cruiser, Ram 1500 and a JK 2dr before. The Ram had a suspension issue done under warranty and the JK had the gas tank replaced as the vent hose failed. It was a few thousand miles out of warranty when that happened and they covered in anyway. Thats how you keep a customer.

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic

My Wife's Cherokee 2019, 36K miles, perfect reliability. Not even a rattle. Excellent fit and finish, solid, well made, and that 9spd. A tiny bit slow but works pretty smooth. Renegades and Compasses have a bad rap because, they are pretty unreliable. The Renegade is basically a Fiat 500X. Really pretty awful.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Well have a look at the author, Jordan Almond's, credentials...

Jordan Almond
WRITER
When I'm not writing about the auto industry, I love to write poetry, do yoga, and go on outdoor adventures with my husband and our two sons. Together we share a love for growing things, traveling, and trying new foods.

I don't see any mentions of their education, let alone an engineering or a science degree. It shows in their writing too.
They are hiring! It's a marketing company that earns their revenue from click through. Here is their job board: https://www.endgame360.com/careers/

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hondas are not what they used to be; they have been slipping in reliability and durability studies for years.

The most recent JD Power study ranks Honda dependability after 3 years of ownership well below industry average, including Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Jeep Wrangler is One of the Most Unreliable Cars of 2020 1631762946522

I havenā€™t owned a Honda in years. But two friends of mine who were life-long fans ditched their Hondas after getting tired of paying for major repairs they weren't expecting to be needing at 50,000 and 60,000 miles.

Once reliability is gone, there arenā€™t many reasons left for driving a Honda.