Sponsored

The Jeep Wave stamp of approval

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 3.0 Prestige, 2016 Mercedes-Benz SL400,
Wait...do all Jeep drivers wave at each other or just certain models?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to hear. I was growing more and more concerned and anxious about it. :whew: Do I wave, not wave, wave first, wave in response, pretend I'm texting on my phone and not see them, wave with both hands. Will the other jeep driver know that I've owned 3 other jeeps? Maybe they will think I jumped on the new jeep wrangler bandwagon. :idea: Maybe we should have some sort of rank or insignia on our windshield to let other jeepers know how deep in the game we are... like # of jeeps - # of years. so I'm 3-11 this year! lol 3 jeeps and 11 years of ownership (sadly, I was jeep-less for a period of time).

hahaha - all meant in good fun, but I do support the jeep windshield rank idea. lol

Edit:

Or it could be # of jeeps currently owned, # of jeeps previously owned, # of years of jeep ownership.

So... 1-2-11. When I get the JT my window sticker will either be 2-2-11 or (sadly) 1-3-11.

Last edited:

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...do all Jeep drivers wave at each other or just certain models?
It’s a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JL and soon JT thing... I never been waved by a Cherokee!

The Gladiator aspect from front is so similar that we will be part of the club for sure, intentionally or even by "mistake"... :rock:

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will the other jeep driver know that I've owned 3 other jeeps? Maybe they will think I jumped on the new jeep wrangler bandwagon. :idea: Maybe we should have some sort of rank or insignia on our windshield to let other jeepers know how deep in the game we are... like # of jeeps - # of years. [...]
hahaha - all meant in good fun, but I do support the jeep windshield rank idea. lol

Like a star for each Jeep? In the Jeep’s military tradition...

We could add a number in each star representating the duration of ownership for each... but we would have to change it for each Jeep we still possess!!!

Sponsored

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do I wave, not wave, wave first, wave in response, pretend I'm texting on my phone and not see them, wave with both hands.
:CWL:
Hope you’re not crossing a police’ Jeep!!! :stop:

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Like a star for each Jeep? In the Jeep’s military tradition...

We could add a number in each star representating the duration of ownership for each... but we would have to change it for each Jeep we still possess!!!
mmm... gold stars?

istockphoto-618742376-1024x1024.jpg

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
You all need to seek professional help. Srsly. I dont give one Frick if some tool waves at me or not. However, if you wave at me I will wave back. Most importantly, I will pull over and assist if another Jeep is in trouble.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
You all need to seek professional help. Srsly. I dont give one Frick if some tool waves at me or not. However, if you wave at me I will wave back. Most importantly, I will pull over and assist if another Jeep is in trouble.
We all are seeking help, we joined a forum for jeep gladiator addiction. I see you are here too! lol

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
the wave hasnt taken off over here but the other day i was driving my cj10 & got a wave from a wrangler
but mostly I get a wave from other old school 4x4's not brand specific just people who love the old vehicles like me

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Whatever makes you happy.
Kinship, brother/sisterhood, friendship. I don't do it, in a Jeep or on a motorcycle.
Too busy watching out for the unfriendly drivers.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That's good to hear. I was growing more and more concerned and anxious about it. :whew: Do I wave, not wave, wave first, wave in response, pretend I'm texting on my phone and not see them, wave with both hands. Will the other jeep driver know that I've owned 3 other jeeps? Maybe they will think I jumped on the new jeep wrangler bandwagon. :idea: Maybe we should have some sort of rank or insignia on our windshield to let other jeepers know how deep in the game we are... like # of jeeps - # of years. so I'm 3-11 this year! lol 3 jeeps and 11 years of ownership (sadly, I was jeep-less for a period of time).

Edit:

Or it could be # of jeeps currently owned, # of jeeps previously owned, # of years of jeep ownership.

So... 1-2-11. When I get the JT my window sticker will either be 2-2-11 or (sadly) 1-3-11.
Now you're onto something. Mine will be 1-1-1

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It’s a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JL and soon JT thing... I never been waved by a Cherokee!

The Gladiator aspect from front is so similar that we will be part of the club for sure, intentionally or even by "mistake"... :rock:
I bet a bunch of wranglers will do the wave, then mid wave realize it's a truck and be befuddled. Should I keep waving, stop waving, do a cut throat gesture, flip em the bird. Oh the humanity!
Sponsored