The Jeep Wave.....or not (JL bias)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry, forgot what this post was about. This response made me LOL and feel old all at the same time and start singing yea but are you gettin it, Armageddon it, ooo really gettin it, armagegeddon it...
I will now go back and see what the OP’s topic was and get my @ss back on topic.
I think I am incapable of staying on topic. Rock on my waving Jeep freaks.

6538e1f7-123d-45bb-b75a-29926230eb89.jpg
Sponsored

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
Like many jeep owners, my jeep is not my only vehicle. Im sure many many of you have a second or even third car or motorcycle in your driveway/garage. Just be nice and wave back to people that wave at you! It could be the same guy or gal you pass every weekend in their wrangler and they're driving their renegade or camry to work monday. And to everyone who has waved at my wrangler and doesnt wave at my XJ or F250, its your loss. No room for haters on my farm!!!

mikecfromohio

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2 door Sport S
Most Jeepers are friendly, helpful people. But occasionally, I am reminded that they are just like any other auto enthusiast and have their own hangups:

Driving home for lunch today, top off windows down. Stopped at a light next to a lifted JKU. Look over and give him a little wave. His response? "I don't wave at JLs......that aint no Jeep." Alright.....guess I'm lucky I didn't tell him it was a 2.0t, his head may have exploded.

What's funny is, I remember a time when the JKU first came out. Many enthusiasts heralded the "end of Jeep" because they dared to make a 4 door. Now, even those JKU owners found something to hate.

Fortunately, that's been my only negative JL experience. Anyone else got a similar story?
In all likelihood he wasn't' being a jerk because of your JL, he is just an all around jerk all the time. Nothing changed the history of Jeep more than going to a 4 door option. Haven't rec'd any hate from JK'ers.

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL
This is 100% the reason. It’s been true since the first car that was ever invented that you have to hate on the model that obsoleted yours especially after you spent a bunch of money modding it.
Truth.

People hate the new Jeeps because they can't afford them. Bottom line. It's like saying they stopped making Corvettes after the original Sting Ray etc... If you can't afford it, no body cares.

I've got family that "hate new cars" while driving 80's and 90's cars... They're also broke. Haters gonna hate!

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Most Jeepers are friendly, helpful people. But occasionally, I am reminded that they are just like any other auto enthusiast and have their own hangups:

Driving home for lunch today, top off windows down. Stopped at a light next to a lifted JKU. Look over and give him a little wave. His response? "I don't wave at JLs......that aint no Jeep." Alright.....guess I'm lucky I didn't tell him it was a 2.0t, his head may have exploded.

What's funny is, I remember a time when the JKU first came out. Many enthusiasts heralded the "end of Jeep" because they dared to make a 4 door. Now, even those JKU owners found something to hate.

Fortunately, that's been my only negative JL experience. Anyone else got a similar story?
I'll just leave this here

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...s-the-last-great-jeep-jk-owners-edition.2131/

SaharaSarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited, Sting-Gray
I came to this thread with only the intention of just lurking and liking but this right here is hilarious! Will be bookmarking. Thank you. Captured exactly how as a new potential first time jeepster, looking for advice on another forum I felt more like the responses were trying to steer me away from buying (joining the club) than actually being helpful and answering my actual questions.

Sorry don't mean to go off topic of thread but this is link is brilliant!
Sponsored