The Jeep Wave.....or not (JL bias)

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
That is actually not that bad. Miami is the worst, I mean these people don't know squat about the tradition..they buy Wranglers to look "cool" Here are a few off the top of my head...

~I wave at all Wranglers, most of them are college girls or women driving their bf's Jeep. They never wave back, and once I got the finger from the bf sitting in the passenger's seat.

~I told a JL Sahara owner I liked his truck and asked him how it drove, he said "go buy one and find out"

~There are many Wrangler meet-ups, I went to one with my wife and the crowd was extremely immature and rowdy. One guy passed by my JKU and said his friend has a nicer one. HAHA...who says that? These are the kids living with their parents and maxing credit cards for parts they have no clue how to use. The countless times I've seen JK/JKU's in parking lots with over $20k in parts. The winches look like they've never been used!

I live with it everyday, the only guys that wave back are the older guys like me that drive mostly TJ's or YJ's with mud tires. We have to face the fact that once FCA made the 4 door in 2007, the crowd that has no idea about the heritage flocked over from Honda Accords just for the "flash".
Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
That is actually not that bad. Miami is the worst, I mean these people don't know squat about the tradition..they buy Wranglers to look "cool" Here are a few off the top of my head...

~I wave at all Wranglers, most of them are college girls or women driving their bf's Jeep. They never wave back, and once I got the finger from the bf sitting in the passenger's seat.

~I told a JL Sahara owner I liked his truck and asked him how it drove, he said "go buy one and find out"

~There are many Wrangler meet-ups, I went to one with my wife and the crowd was extremely immature and rowdy. One guy passed by JKU and said his friend has a nicer one. HAHA...who says that?

I live with it everyday, the only guys that wave back are the older guys like me that drive mostly TJ's or YJ's with mud tires. We have to face the fact that once FCA made the 4 door in 2007, the crowd that has no idea about the heritage flocked over from Honda Accords just for the "flash".
Thanks for the laughs. I guess I should count my blessings.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

~There are many Wrangler meet-ups, I went to one with my wife and the crowd was extremely immature and rowdy. One guy passed by my JKU and said his friend has a nicer one. HAHA...who says that? These are the kids living with their parents and maxing credit cards for parts they have no clue how to use. The countless times I've seen JK/JKU's in parking lots with over $20k in parts. The winches look like they've never been used!

Does is count if we Kept our Accord when we bought our Sahara?

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha you know what a forum is...you're good in my book :rock:
lol, there's no way I would be snobbish over anyone's vehicle. But I do notice that sometimes the guys with Heavily modded JKs ignore you. Especially in my Stock Sahara, that's been off road but gets washed after because I don't want to track red mud all over the rental property driveway and get the landlord pissed off.

But I usually see more waves from TJs

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Told a client I test drove a JL. His response? "That's not a jeep. They haven't made jeeps since AMC was bought out. Chrysler does not make a jeep." For him the TJ was the last jeep made.
Actually , haven't made Jeeps since Willys .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Happens every time there is a new generation of Wranglers. I look forward to the day I can flip the bird on JM owners.JK ;):jk:
lol,
"Look at you and your Mr Fusion powered toy! Back in my day we only had a plug in hybrid!" :cwl:

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I took my brand new JL to a dealer when the heater core began leaking and vapor was coming out of the dash vents. The dealer I took it to was close to my office and not where I had bought it.

The service writer who came out to look at the issue with me immediately began by insulting me for my choice of the "junk" engine. he then told me no way my dana 30 would hold up to 37's. I replied "Wow, you know alot about Jeeps but, this has a 44 its a rubicon" He responded he knew more than I ever would, and proceeded to tell me it was not a real Jeep, and the last real Jeep was a TJ (which he happened to own). I told him good thing I have one of those too. I will never be visiting that dealer again.

Its hard to believe there are such idiotic people out there. I did end up calling the service manager to let him know what kind of a$$clowns are representing the dealer. Seriously - I'm the customer who just bought a $60k Jeep and you want to insult my choices and intelligence!? Nice

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Happens every time there is a new generation of Wranglers. I look forward to the day I can flip the bird on JM owners.JK ;):jk:

Hahaha that's about a 10 year wait. Perhaps around the same time FCA will price the Rubicons around $80k :cwl:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I took my brand new JL to a dealer when the heater core began leaking and vapor was coming out of the dash vents. The dealer I took it to was close to my office and not where I had bought it.

The service writer who came out to look at the issue with me immediately began by insulting me for my choice of the "junk" engine. he then told me no way my dana 30 would hold up to 37's. I replied "Wow, you know alot about Jeeps but, this has a 44 its a rubicon" He responded he knew more than I ever would, and proceeded to tell me it was not a real Jeep, and the last real Jeep was a TJ (which he happened to own). I told him good thing I have one of those too. I will never be visiting that dealer again.

Its hard to believe there are such idiotic people out there. I did end up calling the service manager to let him know what kind of a$$clowns are representing the dealer. Seriously - I'm the customer who just bought a $60k Jeep and you want to insult my choices and intelligence!? Nice
wow... some manager needs to let him go... insulting customers is bad for business.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
He responded he knew more than I ever would, and proceeded to tell me it was not a real Jeep, and the last real Jeep was a TJ (which he happened to own).
You could have called Lincoln Tow Service , and told them to tow his TJ . ( You just know Lincoln would have done it on just your say-so .)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm the customer who just bought a $60k Jeep and you want to insult my choices and intelligence!?
Maybe buying a $60K Jeep was the reason , lol . ( Just joking .)
Sponsored