Sponsored

The Jeep Tent from Mopar

Borgs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SPORT
Vehicle Showcase
When I went looking for a tent that attaches to back of jeep there were a few options available, one of which was from the Mopar accessory catalog. I tried to google what was different or special about the mopar one but couldnt find anything. The price was average across different brands so I went with the Mopar one thinking maybe it might have some Jeep logos on it or something. It arrived a few weeks ago and set it up this weekend, turns out its just a Napier one. Its a good tent, easy to set up, compact and overall happy with purchase. I made a video to show others what you get when you order part # 82209878.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Borgs

Borgs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SPORT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it easy enough to pull away and back up into opening?
I would think so, I have not tried it but the tent unhooks from jeep, very easy and quick with the hole zipping closed. With the assistance of the back up camera one could easily park and reconnect with ease.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
It will be interesting to see if water gets in via the hard top drip rail that now extends further to the back than on the JK. You can see the rail as a conduit at about 3:22 of your video.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
It will be interesting to see if water gets in via the hard top drip rail that now extends further to the back than on the JK. You can see the rail as a conduit at about 3:22 of your video.
I was wondering the same thing. Almost looks like you'd want to park with the back wheels on top of something to elevate the rear a bit so if it does rain you have the water running towards the front. Edited to add: But it does seem like a nice tent!

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any problems with this tent leaking from rain? Not from the drip rails of the jeep but from the seams of the tent itself?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like the 2 entry doors, and the awning over the main entrance. Some soft strip caulk could be used to dam up the ends of the drip rails when set up... Thanks for sharing this

MEGAS

First Name
Megas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
And when its cold you can turn on the jeep for heat...:facepalm:
It is a budget option for "Overlanding" for sure. Way cheaper than an RTT.
Nice review!

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Do they make a 3.5" lift kit for them?
Sponsored