The Jeep Soap Opera part 1, Guiding Light: Wife mad at me and a dose of karma

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Don't pre-judge, just wave at everyone you can. Some of us keep our Jeeps looking mostly stock because they still kick ass for pretty much any use except extreme rock crawling. I haven't done Moab, but I'm still a Jeeper.

Although you will find that many of the soccer moms won't wave back, and some of the guys that turned their YJ into a monster truck competitor. I think they may be pre-judging everyone.
Agree and some of us just bought one and are waiting on the UPS truck for the tires/rims/bumpers etc. Wave Wave and Wave more!
Sponsored

Pandy316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F250, 2016 Mustang GT
Meet Dave, aka Mr. I Will Never Own Anything Except An F-250. Ever since March 2019, when I got my Rubicon, Dave has offered to drive our kids to and from every cheerleading, football, baseball practice there is...and always takes my Jeep. This past weekend I took the doors and top off... guess who wanted to drive it to work on Saturday?!

Enjoy every moment in your new toy when it arrives! We sure do!! ❤ #closetjeeper

D6A82309-180F-4980-8277-853D1EE65A02.jpeg

Sponsored

Ohotfun

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135I, Honda S2000, Cadillac ATS, Chev Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
Welcome to JEEP world

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Same here. But I just paid as much as a base model vette.
I went to the Chevrolet dealer to finally buy a new Corvette. Well at 75 years old I got in okay but couldn’t get out without sliding my but on the showroom floor. Yes, they all thought it was funny. My next stop was our Jeep dealership and a black 2019 Moab. Easy in, easy out and I love it. I stopped caring what others think a long time ago. Enjoy your new toy.

Ryno458

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU “Vader”
Vehicle Showcase
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
Yep I was the exact same way. Drove one and it was over. Welcome to the addiction to which there is no cure.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
My mid-life crisis remedies were a new vette followed by a 67 Camaro and a '61 vette. I'm well past middle age now. Outgrew the muscle car era after 16 years. Sold the cars and used the money to order a manual trans Rubicon this year and spent $12k turning it into an off-road tank. Drove it from IL to CO to do off-roading with my wife and son. I'm one of the lucky ones...my wife fully supports my need for new toys.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin's paralyzed since '99 due to a bike (If he weren't so muscular, he'd of been dead).

2 of my friends want bikes, and they want crotch rockets. I know them, they're either initially terrible drivers (One guy was originally America's worst driver, now he's gonna turn 65 this year instead of 30) and the other one doesn't even know manual and drives the same civic since HS. (He test drove a Challenger RT once and was shocked at how it did 70 so easily on the highway >.>)

Neither will listen to reason and I just remembered my nephew wants a Harley as well, even though our family and two wheels don't mix... Shame none of them ever considered Jeeps, though at least two of them I'll pour a little liquor for
Yep. My cousin is banned from dating guys that ride bikes. Two of the three sadly were killed while riding. And they weren’t the type to show off. Just tragic accidents.

Her son wants one now he’s 16....that’s not happening! Lol

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Yep. My cousin is banned from dating guys that ride bikes. Two of the three sadly were killed while riding. And they weren’t the type to show off. Just tragic accidents.

Her son wants one now he’s 16....that’s not happening! Lol
Listen, I love the idea of bikes and I'd be lying if I said I never wanted one, but my cousin is living in my parents guest house, so guess who I visit weekly

Imo, you wanna motorcycle, get a S2000 and swap in an engine that could rev up to 10-11k rpm, or if you're a cruiser, a Jeep.

Bikes are good when you're in the middle of nowhere, not in busy areas like Jersey, NY or Austin

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife isn't talking to me otherwise to say that I always hated them and I wouldn't let her get one.
Skipping the whole thread to address this:

This is why my policy with my wife has always been you can drive anything you want (as long as we can afford it) and in return, I'll drive whatever I want and you won't give me shit about it. This mutually-agreed-upon policy has served us quite well over the years.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Skipping the whole thread to address this:

This is why my policy with my wife has always been you can drive anything you want (as long as we can afford it) and in return, I'll drive whatever I want and you won't give me shit about it. This mutually-agreed-upon policy has served us quite well over the years.
Is the OP still alive? Haven't heard from him in awhile