Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
For me, I've wanted to have a motorcycle since I was a kid riding a Honda Mini Trail 50 (if you remember them - God bless you!) and I planned to get a Honda 750 when i turned 16, well that day came and went. I'll be 60 this week and still no bike. Why? well, all my buddies that rode - told me about all the close calls and near misses, and some guys had some horrible accidents too. But with the Jeep, doors off and topless, it's pretty darn close!
My cousin's paralyzed since '99 due to a bike (If he weren't so muscular, he'd of been dead).

2 of my friends want bikes, and they want crotch rockets. I know them, they're either initially terrible drivers (One guy was originally America's worst driver, now he's gonna turn 65 this year instead of 30) and the other one doesn't even know manual and drives the same civic since HS. (He test drove a Challenger RT once and was shocked at how it did 70 so easily on the highway >.>)

Neither will listen to reason and I just remembered my nephew wants a Harley as well, even though our family and two wheels don't mix... Shame none of them ever considered Jeeps, though at least two of them I'll pour a little liquor for
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Well sir, that did make me laugh Skip. But remember the saying, admitting the problem is the first step. Now, if the wife ever starts speaking to you again life will be back to normal. But good luck with that, I've had one of those for 42 years. She's a good woman, but I do have to pay for my mistakes. ;):) Enjoy that Jeep.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well sir, that did make me laugh Skip. But remember the saying, admitting the problem is the first step. Now, if the wife ever starts speaking to you again life will be back to normal. But good luck with that, I've had one of those for 42 years. She's a good woman, but I do have to pay for my mistakes. ;):) Enjoy that Jeep.
Like I said, trade in her car for the Jeep of her choice and kiss her ass for a year straight once you walk in the door

... So glad I'm single, I don't have to worry about pissing someone off:CWL:

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
By the way, you didn't say if you got the short (Limited) or long (Unlimited) penis extension.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Corvettes were the penis extension, not jeeps and I am sticking with that. My gf (live in) keeps saying she wants to drive it. I am really worried she will like it to much. Ugh.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Corvettes were the penis extension, not jeeps and I am sticking with that. My gf (live in) keeps saying she wants to drive it. I am really worried she will like it to much. Ugh.
Oh snap, crackle and pop, I just realized you're basically a local xD

Got pics of your Jeep?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Never thought of a wrangler like that at all. If I had to put those labels on something it would be corvettes and Harleys. Especially Harleys, those guys are douche bags. I always looked at wranglers as a laid back chill vehicle to drive and that's how i feel driving it, never really in a hurry.
Huh?

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm a douche bag. Damn. Many Harley's in my life, only one Corvette. Harley people , I have found to very friendly and generous. Wanted a Honda Trail 70 in the worst way when I was a kid. My friend Billy had one and was great about letting friends ride it. Gave up riding last year. Got a Waverunner. Can't wait to take my top and doors off. Maybe my gf will be afriad to drive it with the doors off! To the OP... great first thread. Nicely written.
EDIT...BrntWS6...just saw you have Harleys...was a joke. Nice.

Last edited:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! jersey Shore. Well just put the only pic in my avatar. Not the best but it's a start.

Last edited:

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE
I guess I'm a douche bag. Damn. Many Harley's in my life, only one Corvette. Harley people , I have found to very friendly and generous. Wanted a Honda Trail 70 in the worst way when I was a kid. My friend Billy had one and was great about letting friends ride it. Gave up riding last year. Got a Waverunner. Can't wait to take my top and doors off. Maybe my gf will be afriad to drive it with the doors off! To the OP... great first thread. Nicely written.
EDIT...BrntWS6...just saw you have Harleys...was a joke. Nice.
I thought I was the d bag!

Flip888

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cbr1krr, DRZ4-sm, Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business owner.
You seem like a jerk for denying your wife her dream car because you didn't want to look like a yuppie, but then became a yuppie anyway just as soon as you got to drive a Jeep. It sounds like your not even going to do anything more than tailgate with it

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You seem like a jerk for denying your wife her dream car because you didn't want to look like a yuppie, but then became a yuppie anyway just as soon as you got to drive a Jeep. It sounds like your not even going to do anything more than tailgate with it
What do you care what he does with it?

Last edited:

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler jl sport 2.0
Haha great read! I live near Cincinnati maybe Ill pass you one day, my jeep is punkin orange too!

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
For me, I've wanted to have a motorcycle since I was a kid riding a Honda Mini Trail 50 (if you remember them - God bless you!) and I planned to get a Honda 750 when i turned 16, well that day came and went. I'll be 60 this week and still no bike. Why? well, all my buddies that rode - told me about all the close calls and near misses, and some guys had some horrible accidents too. But with the Jeep, doors off and topless, it's pretty darn close!
I rode motorcycles, mainly long cross country road trips, until a deer hit me and put me in the hospital intensive care unit for 54 days. My Jeep is my new adventure machine. Finished up a 5700 mile trip out west a few weeks ago. Happy to be alive and retired.
Sponsored