twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Well I guess we don’t agree on much.
Jeep better hope it’s not in its own category because there’s not enough people in your so called category to continue to manufacture them. :CWL:

All jokes aside, the TRUTH unfortunately is it’s a midsize pickup near the bottom of the sales figures. We can hope as Jeep owners that it recovers. But as it is now, people are choosing the boring midsize trucks over the Gladiator.
lol, Jeep is pricing them pretty high, compared to the less capable mid size vehicles. They likely arent building as many JT's as taco's, fords, etc. so sales figures dont mean all that much for a rig that just came out with low production numbers. I recall it was only 4k for all of 2019. Jeep may also want that price point as the cost of admission.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
If all you want/need is a pickup truck, the Gladiator has stiff competition. If you really want a Jeep but need pickup/towing capabilities also,, the Gladiator is perfect. For me, the Sport S Max Tow was perfect, a combination of Jeep, towing, hauling, daily driving. A lot of buyers, me included, did/do not use all the capabilities of the Rubicon, but do have a real use for the max tow version.
EXACTLY.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
And, the Gladiator is the only vehicle that is groundhog rated!
You Tube has recorded over 50 million views of the Jeep Gladiator Superbowl commercial.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
And, the Gladiator is the only vehicle that is groundhog rated!
You Tube has recorded over 50 million views of the Jeep Gladiator Superbowl commercial.
That's just begging for a custom badge!

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
It did for a long time. Walls work great in Israel, Iran, etc. Bases and gated communities too. It’s all about deterrence. The harder we make it for vermin to get in, the better
. 4 century fix for a 21st century problem..want to stop them fine employers that higher them a massive amount. Create a national database to verify status that employers must use before hiring . But those rich folk only worry about profits so they don’t care as long as they can get cheap labor and you can get cheap products and those guys running the country only care about Wall Street and there own personal investments

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
You hear about the Great Wall stopping the Mongolians??? Yeah me neither. Didn’t work then won’t work now. 4 century fix for a 21st century problem
Does your house have walls and doors that lock?

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
Does your house have walls and doors that lock?
couldn't resist - do you like your Jeep with doors and top closed or open?

I just kidding - you could say if someone is trying to get in my jeep illegally, I'd prefer doors closed. :)

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
couldn't resist - do you like your Jeep with doors and top closed or open?

I just kidding - you could say if someone is trying to get in my jeep illegally, I'd prefer doors closed. :)
I enjoy my Jeep closed and locked, with the full understanding that someone can break in if they really want to. It’s a pretty good deterrent though.........

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
. 4 century fix for a 21st century problem..want to stop them fine employers that higher them a massive amount. Create a national database to verify status that employers must use before hiring . But those rich folk only worry about profits so they don’t care as long as they can get cheap labor and you can get cheap products and those guys running the country only care about Wall Street and there own personal investments
Walls work. It is proven throughout those centuries. And we already do those things. We have E-verify and we have agents checking the status of workers in businesses that tend to hire illegals. The problem is that without a wall tens of thousands flood in each month and you cant have a system in place to counter the effects of such an influx.
I mean, maybe a mile or 2 of landmines and automated turrets (inland along the length of the border) would be more effective, but that would just be so noisy

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
I enjoy my Jeep closed and locked, with the full understanding that someone can break in if they really want to. It’s a pretty good deterrent though.........
agree, my response earlier was just for a good chuckle.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUHR. 2005 WK Hemi
Love the ranger but:
- IFS
- Little aftermarket support
- tighter interior
- looks like every other run of the mill small to midsized pickup
- resale value, won’t be what the JT is... ever
- it’s not a Jeep

-Go ahead, take those doors off and put the top down on your new ranger on a warm summer’s night... oh wait you can’t do that.

- I will and have and it is like no other pickup on the market... NONE!

- if I was going standard ugly run of the mill everyday pickup I would buy a full size F-150 or 250. Really, what is the point of spending all that money on a Ranger, Canyon, or Yota mid size when they aren’t any fun, and can’t do any of what a full-size truck can do for nearly the same price.

- the JT puts a smile on my face everyday, just like my JK Rubi did. Only now I can legally tow and have a bed.

- no offense to your purchase but maybe you can see why the standard midsize boring platform is not useful at all to most of us that purchased the JT.

THANK YOU JEEP FOR UNDERSTANDING US JEEPERS AND PUTTING A REAL JEEP PICKUP AGAINST THE BORING RUN OF THE MILL FORD CHEBBY AND TOYOTA!! YOU WIN JEEP!!

As much as I hate to say it, I bought a Ranger XLT FX4 with rear locker over the JT because it’s more comfortable, quiet, powerful and cheaper. I have a JL on 37s so I had no need for off-road use but if I did, stock for stock the JT might be marginally better, but I doubt it.

I would’ve had to buy a Rubicon, with nav and heat and all the bells and whistles, to match what I got out of my Ranger. I paid 29k for it over Black Friday. For 25k more, Jeep needs to step it up.

XJADDICTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUHR. 2005 WK Hemi
Well I guess we don’t agree on much.
Jeep better hope it’s not in its own category because there’s not enough people in your so called category to continue to manufacture them. :CWL:

All jokes aside, the TRUTH unfortunately is it’s a midsize pickup near the bottom of the sales figures. We can hope as Jeep owners that it recovers. But as it is now, people are choosing the boring midsize trucks over the Gladiator.

that’s why most every soccer mom buys a wrangler Rubicon for the sticker on the hood. I have asked them, really. Why did you buy a Rubicon? The answer is “all my friends are driving Denali, Navigator, and Range Rover, I want to have something fun when I’m not picking up he kiddos.” “The Ribicon has the different hood and Ribicon sticker... and he wheels look nice. “ that is the standard answer to my question. There are so many Jeep Wrangler s and now growing number of JT’s where I live, that I can’t wave to them all anymore.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the ranger but:
- IFS
- Little aftermarket support
- tighter interior
- looks like every other run of the mill small to midsized pickup
- resale value, won’t be what the JT is... ever
- it’s not a Jeep

Once again. This only matters to us Jeep people. Not the average mid sized truck buyer.

-Go ahead, take those doors off and put the top down on your new ranger on a warm summer’s night... oh wait you can’t do that.

I can’t. My wife has Lupus. Nice try though.

- I will and have and it is like no other pickup on the market... NONE!

- if I was going standard ugly run of the mill everyday pickup I would buy a full size F-150 or 250. Really, what is the point of spending all that money on a Ranger, Canyon, or Yota mid size when they aren’t any fun, and can’t do any of what a full-size truck can do for nearly the same price.

It wouldn’t fit In my garage. The price is no where near the same. I also didn’t want that big a truck. I just sold my Power Wagon.

- the JT puts a smile on my face everyday, just like my JK Rubi did. Only now I can legally tow and have a bed.

Thats cool. I’m happy for you.

- no offense to your purchase but maybe you can see why the standard midsize boring platform is not useful at all to most of us that purchased the JT.

You’re not going to offend me. I don’t care.

THANK YOU JEEP FOR UNDERSTANDING US JEEPERS AND PUTTING A REAL JEEP PICKUP AGAINST THE BORING RUN OF THE MILL FORD CHEBBY AND TOYOTA!! YOU WIN JEEP!!

That’s a nice post but no one is bagging on the JT. Stop taking the internet so personally.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that’s why most every soccer mom buys a wrangler Rubicon for the sticker on the hood. I have asked them, really. Why did you buy a Rubicon? The answer is “all my friends are driving Denali, Navigator, and Range Rover, I want to have something fun when I’m not picking up he kiddos.” “The Ribicon has the different hood and Ribicon sticker... and he wheels look nice. “ that is the standard answer to my question. There are so many Jeep Wrangler s and now growing number of JT’s where I live, that I can’t wave to them all anymore.
I’ve never asked anyone why they bought a Rubicon. I own mine for my own reasons. I don’t care about anyone else’s. I see a lot here too. What does that have to do with anything?...

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I like to know why people buy things because it tells me more about them. Like if they truly understand the value of what they have or are idiots. It helps me go forward with interactions with them.

and it also gives me a sense of where the platform could go. If wealthy soccer moms buying Rubicon mall crawlers is the majority of FCA’s profits on the JL/JT models, then as a company they will focus on that market and take away from actual “off road” oriented folks. It can mean the difference between an executive’s decision to put in Dana 44s over Dana 30s, for example
Sponsored