Sponsored

The Jeep Gladiator is Struggling

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I think a lot of the general public doesn't even know about the Galdiator. My brother sent me a picture of one a couple weeks ago and asked "WTF is this?" He had no idea about them. He also thought it looked goofey as hell. Sure, Jeep designed the Gladiator to be similar to the Wrangler so they can share a lot of parts, keeping costs down. But the Gladiator didn't really do much to "expand the brand". If you like Wranglers, you may like the Gladiator. But if you didn't like Wranglers, you certainly aren't getting a Gladiator. Basically, most people are probably cross shopping Gladiators and Wranglers, not Gladiators and Colorados/Rangers/Tacos. The main competition for the Gladiator is the Wrangler. And that isn't even including full size trucks. But as others have said, they are certainly producing too much for the market also.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was ready to order a JL the day ordering started but waited a whole year.. Only thing that stopped me was not knowing if the JT would be available in an xtra cab or 2dr. Ordered my JL the day after I got confirmation the JT was a 4 dr. only. I'll never, ever get a 4 dr .JT and I don't care if FCA looses their ass from the error. A JT xtra cab on a JLU wheelbase would have had my order and if they make one it still might.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The Gladiator looks dumb stock. Lifted with 37s or better yet 40s.... OKay. Problem is that it is a 70 thousand dollar truck then. and 70,000 buys you a real truck......

The Gladiator will not wheel as well as a JLU and well as a truck, it is mediocre.

For the price of a rubicon Gladiator before the lift and bigger tires and wheels, you can have this truck. That is the problem.
2020 SUPER DUTY F-350 XL
VIN
1FT8W3BT2LEC60515
LaFontaine Ford of Lansing0.83 miles away | (844) 524-7301
View Window Sticker

• vehicle.jpg
  • vehicle.png
  • vehicle.png
1" style="box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; left: 0px; bottom: 20px; z-index: 10; width: 908.688px;">
1" style="box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; right: 0px; bottom: 200px; z-index: 10;">
Estimated Net Price
$61,845 S5
Click to See Monthly Price

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Not for me....I don't care for the Looks of One...still has not caught my eye...but that's just me....

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Any time I see one lifted on 40’s and I start to think about all of the extra stuff I could stuff in it, I look up pics of one without the doors or top, and that makes me want to stick with my 2-door.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I know what you're saying but I'd hate to have a F-350 sized pickup in an urban or forest environment. It's basically my Power Wagon argument. You feel like you're getting a lot more for your money in a full size truck vs a mid size. But with the JT compared to a F-350 or a Power Wagon the smaller size of the JT gives you the option to choose better lines on the trail. On Colorado trails (and the urban area of Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs) trucks that size just don't make much sense unless you're towing loads that make them necessary. If I lived in say Nebraska things like the Power Wagon and the F-350 start becoming more usable off the road.
Worst thing about my Power Wagon was the front end. No camera. The new ones help with that. Damn good truck though. I just sold it a bit ago. I almost kept it but no garage space. It’s a very large truck. 37s fit just fine stock. We bought my wife a new Ranger. It fits in the garage and honestly it’s just as good off-road as my PW was. We just won’t use it for that.

15046E15-DCBC-4F7D-A049-C812BA695B3B.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
A 2dr or extended cab Gladiator would look so much better.
This would definitely sway my current opinion of the Gladiator
two-door-gladiator.jpg

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
The Gladiator is pretty cool IMO. The Rubicons look best, they need big tires to look good. There's definitely a market for them. I see tons of them on the road by me, but I'm close to Auburn Hills haha!
I'm sure they're giving all the execs a Gladiator to promote around that Oakland County, MI money! I liked the Gladiator until I sat in the backseat of my cousin's JT... definitely a step down from the Wrangler - although I didn't tell my cousin that! Obviously it's the exact same from the driver's seat and forward. He says "the ride" is better in the Gladiator (he did own a JK Rubi before). I've never driven a Gladiator, but I super happy with my JLU. It's fun as hell, and the only thing I'm giving up is the towing capacity, which could be better with a JLU in my opinion.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I think they look a little akward in stock form, but with a lift and bigger tires they look great. I went to a dealer a couple months ago and they had a red JT (Overland trim, i think) with the mopar lift and bigger wheels / black rims and had the roof and doors off. It looked bad ass.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I was ready to order a JL the day ordering started but waited a whole year.. Only thing that stopped me was not knowing if the JT would be available in an xtra cab or 2dr. Ordered my JL the day after I got confirmation the JT was a 4 dr. only. I'll never, ever get a 4 dr .JT and I don't care if FCA looses their ass from the error. A JT xtra cab on a JLU wheelbase would have had my order and if they make one it still might.
This is spot on. A 2 door extra cab with a bed long enough for a dirt bike with the tailgate up. The mock ups I've seen of the 2 door JT look awesome, but I just can't find the love for the 4 door.
2doorgladiator.jpg

Sponsored

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
The dealer that I bought my daughter's JL from a year ago has a JT Sport S with lots of options, list $47,695 - discounted $5,583 for a total of $42,142. Did I mention it's a new 2020 in that nice blue color? Try as I might, I just can't get past the looks. It just looks funny to me and as a few mentioned, once you add a lift and some tires and and ....yeah, just what I want to do, spend 42K then spend thousands more to make it look good. But that's just my opinion and it matters as much as a fart in a tornado in the grand scheme of life.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
This is spot on. A 2 door extra cab with a bed long enough for a dirt bike with the tailgate up. The mock ups I've seen of the 2 door JT look awesome, but I just can't find the love for the 4 door.
2doorgladiator.jpg
Every single or Retired Jeep dude would have bought this.
The 4dr looks ODD, Less ODD lifted on 35s+ ( Dealer has a Rubicon with the Gladiator package Sticker was 62k+)
I would Definitely have a hard time not buying this blue one if I saw it though.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Anyone see a lot of scramblers? Exactly not many around because a 2 door Jeep truck is a dumb idea only a few people would drive
Sponsored