First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I would thin is split down the middle, and both choices are fine. Personally, I ONLY buy black fenders and top- I'm on my 4th Jeep and I don't like the matching look personally, the black breaks it up
Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
My Sting Grey Rubi had black fenders/top; my Gladiator Rubi was all white; now I’m on a All Green Rubi Recon. Happy all the wAy!

1DDAEE83-815E-48CB-83C0-0EFBEA0C509E.jpeg

CFD9F903-1153-4BB0-8CA0-C6F380F858E0.jpeg

0EAB0BB0-1E51-4823-9169-1FE93ADE44E9.jpeg

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
It also depends on what other decals you have on your Jeep, IMO, I have enough black on my Jeep that balance all the painted surfaces so it works nicely.

356637BE-2637-4C10-9F7A-B05A6C785845.jpeg
hey, what size good year Wrangler tires are you running on those 18" Sahara upgrade wheels? and what load range? they look good. I didn't know they came w/o white letters.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
About to pull trigger on a Sting Grey and I just have this thing with the lack of painted fenders. I was thinking of going black instead so they sort of match and black was my third choice anyway. They cost $575 to replace fenders and with paint and installation I got a feeling it will be closer to $800. Shipping will make it hard to sell originals even if new.

Am I crazy or do they kill the look of stock jeeps? I am not putting on the big tires or making real modifications. I saw a comment in Sarge Green forum about how much better that color looks with the matching fenders as well. Maybe it depends on the color? Any thoughts? I know taste is taste but I am asking about other peoples taste.

I prefer the black flares as they nicely contrast with the rest of the body , the black flares and bumpers show the contours of Jeep really well and thus the vehicle is right away recognizable from the rest of the pack on the road

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Had painted flares and after a few trails they are scratched and gouged. Have black textured on the JLUR now and just wipe down with protectant every once in a while and barely notice the trail marks and they look good. Also since they do not make a painted soft top, the black matches the soft top just right. Next one will be black fenders and top.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
hey, what size good year Wrangler tires are you running on those 18" Sahara upgrade wheels? and what load range? they look good. I didn't know they came w/o white letters.
285/75/18 Duratracs, Load Range E
So these are 35x11.2 and only weigh 60lbs.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
How do they ride? Does yours have a lift?
I absolutely love them, 2” lift and they should be the tire on my Jeep forever. Mainly because they fit several unique criteria. 35x11.2 so they fit on stock Sahara wheels without rubbing, only 60lbs so they aren’t sluggish on acceleration, super smooth on the highways, I don’t hear this hum people talked about and they are an absolute beast in mud and snow, I drive mountain roads in the winter here in Canada, and they’ve performed that task spectacularly.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I absolutely love them, 2” lift and they should be the tire on my Jeep forever. Mainly because they fit several unique criteria. 35x11.2 so they fit on stock Sahara wheels without rubbing, only 60lbs so they aren’t sluggish on acceleration, super smooth on the highways, I don’t hear this hum people talked about and they are an absolute beast in mud and snow, I drive mountain roads in the winter here in Canada, and they’ve performed that task spectacularly.
We just put on our third set of Duratracs on the JK last week. She will not have any other tires - great all around for what my wife does with it.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
This is a personal preference thing but I think the body color fenders and roof complete the look of the Jeep. When Sarge Green came out I saw the opportunity to literally get my dream Jeep, EXACTLY like I want it, all body color green with all black wheels and trim. Obviously I paid $3000 more for that configuration, it was that important to me. Mine came with paint protection film already on the rear flares. I'm planning on installing LOD rail/steps that sit almost flush with the outer edge of the fenders, so that should provide good protection from debris thrown up by the front tires. While I do plan on doing some moderate wheeling, I simply won't take it anywhere where tree and brush damage is an issue. Should they eventually get scratched and chipped I'll just remove them and have them repainted.

upload_2020-5-3_13-39-19.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
It's a matter of preference and which color you are talking about. I generally like red vehicles but in the case of a red Wrangler sport, only about half of the vehicle is red so you don't get the full effect. I don't like white cars (like driving a refrigerator) but in the case of a white Wrangler sport it is even worse with the amount of black remaining. OTOH a white Sahara looks to me like too much white. I would think Sting Gray would be fine with black fenders, and to me the Granite gray looks great with black fenders.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I absolutely love them, 2” lift and they should be the tire on my Jeep forever...super smooth on the highways, ... and they are an absolute beast in mud and snow, ...
Glad to hear that you’re enjoying them! I have the C load range on my TJ in 33’s and they’re my favorite - wet weather makes them feel like I’m on dry pavement. And they’re snow rated for lower temperatures! Sounds like E load isn’t as harsh, noisy or loud as those who have been posting have been saying.
...our third set of Duratracs on the JK last week. She will not have any other tires - great all around for what my wife does with it.
Cool! I really like the duratracs - I had 33’s BFG TA KOs on my TJ before and while they’re great tires, I wanted something with better traction in wet weather and colder climates.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... I don't like white cars (like driving a refrigerator) but in the case of a white Wrangler sport it is even worse with the amount of black remaining. OTOH a white Sahara looks to me like too much white...
I prefer the white and black contrast on the Sport and now the Sahara with white fenders and a black hardtop has grown on me.

1541126F-4292-4047-8D2E-98C1345E49F2.jpeg

888B67EA-A38D-47A4-8FB3-FDCA779F901C.jpeg

8B02A37A-55E0-4C9F-AA21-CC25EB598B56.jpeg

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
My Hella Yella came with the painted flairs (and film) and black top. I think I would have still liked black fenders for contrast, but I am glad it came with a black top, I like the black yellow black from bottom to top contrast.

20200415_131650.jpg

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of the painted flares on my Sting Gray JLUR Mine came with clear film on the front of the rear flairs. The only places that show scratches is in the black parts of the fenders... the paint all looks good.

20200118_150242.jpg

I'm not sure where the idea of the black fenders was an Iconic look came from. CJs and YJs had painted fenders with a small black flare. TJs still had pInted fenders but with a larger black flare. Jks were the first to go all black fenders but you could still get painted fenders.
Sponsored

Last edited: