Sponsored

The huge Jeep key fob issue solved (well maybe)

mmcbeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I just read a very brief article regarding Apples next iOS update. It might just have a car fob app that will unlock and start cars. I really hope the Wrangler is compatible.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just read a very brief article regarding Apples next iOS update. It might just have a car fob app that will unlock and start cars. I really hope the Wrangler is compatible.
I read that too regarding 13.4 and it sounds like it might along with other NFC vehicles.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
How awesome would it be if the app could sit idle, and knowing the location of your parked rig--a service already provided--automatically open then doors, even start the engine?

That would serve FCA right for not making proximity locks purchasable after market: which would have been a win-win for customer and FCA alike.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
That would serve FCA right for not making proximity locks purchasable after market: which would have been a win-win for customer and FCA alike.
Who wants happy customers when you can instead nickle and dime them for extras on a $50k purchase?

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
How awesome would it be if the app could sit idle, and knowing the location of your parked rig--a service already provided--automatically open then doors, even start the engine?

Yeah I like idea of my Jeep starting in my closed garage every time I get close enough.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
or ways for thieves to steal our jeeps

Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC

Looks like that option is in the works....just waiting on Ultra-wideband technology?

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...your-car-with-your-apple-iphone-ar187690.html

The question still remains on what vehicles it will work with

Doc

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’ve never had an issue with size of the fob, then again I don’t have small hands. Hope y’all find a solution for the petite hand folks.

9B6EA3A2-8A52-4BA4-8A56-01115C2BB881.gif
Sponsored