Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Question for folks:

I know that there is a dual battery option from genesis. But, is there an Aux battery relocation kit anywhere? Something that would move the aux battery from it’s buried location to a more accessible place? That way you could get to it quickly without removing a bunch of bolts and your fuse box. Anything out there? Anyone done it?
Wow. I topic related question or comment. Thank you.

I know of none @Dkretden. I will say this, one need not remove the ESS/Aux battery to take it out of the picture and replace it with something else. It's my understand that it's positive connect to the N1 fuse post on the high order fuses on the driver's side of the Power Distribution Center (PDC)--itself located closest to the front passenger, otherwise under the hood.

It's negative comes in on to the series of cable that connect to the main battery. I could point you to which one of these if you want.

The ESS/Aux battery, if taken out of the picture must be replaced with something else, or Jerry's aforementioned N1 - N2 jumper be installed. As said prior, I'd disable ESS with Jerry's brilliant hack, especially if the ESS/Aux battery is taken out of the picture with this hack installed.

But do understand, and I think you do, that you can disable ESS/Aux, but you can't remove the ESS/Aux battery without either replacing it, or employing Jerry's hack.

Cheers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey you don't have to explain yourself. It was a well structured article.

His post just quickly identifies who frankly just don't know how to read more than 1 sentence without getting tired.
Thanks. I do it to quash the haters, and incentivize the thinkers/question askers/theory proposers/educators that make this forum 99% of the time, for 99% of the people, a better place.

Cheers.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Haters: why not pretend on forums that you're having a face to face conversation with a large bouncer whose ideas you must disagree with and need to use diplomacy with rather than using anonymity to be a douche or like the posts of the next hater @UKCATS after you've been served. That's weak.
Lots of irony in this paragraph (one of many, many, paragraphs in this post. :sigh:). I was a large bouncer. Can’t speak for the others, but I am the same guy in person. I prefer people who talk straight and say what’s on their mind, not those that mince words. With me, you get what you get. Also, more irony, I highly doubt you would call anyone a douche in person. Just sayin’.

And as a side note, you need to learn to to take a little good natured ribbing. Your posts, no matter the subject are looooong. I was originally making light of it. I don’t know you personally, therefore have no personal animus towards you. But you really do need to learn to lighten up.

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Lots of irony in this paragraph (one of many, many, paragraphs in this post. :sigh:). I was a large bouncer.
then assume the bouncer your talking to is larger and stronger/younger.

Can’t speak for the others, but I am the same guy in person. I prefer people who talk straight and say what’s on their mind, not those that mince words. With me, you get what you get. Also, more irony, I highly doubt you would call anyone a douche in person. Just sayin’.[/QUOTE]

:)I've done it in court to opposition council's objection and judge's overruling having first established the word's colloquial definition and the accusers actions laid out (i.e. fairly).

I've called plenty douches in person who were and wouldn't resort to physically confrontation as a result.

And as a side note, you need to learn to to take a little good natured ribbing. Your posts, no matter the subject are looooong. I was originally making light of it. I don’t know you personally, therefore have no personal animus towards you. But you really do need to learn to lighten up.
A joke...a ribbing....so you were kidding when you said the post was boring??

And you know what...to those not interested in the subject matter, which may be the vast majority, you're absolutely right.

The issue is, or to use your terms "as a side note" the point is to simply move on to another post; much as I'll bet that you'll wish you understood that discussed if you ever get stuck under the circumstances I described.

I've already linked to you @UKCATS examples of good humor here: what's said and when.

Ribbing, I can take and delivery with the best of them. All you're doing is "talking straight" as you say when there's no legitimate purpose to opening your mouth. Learn the difference between which straight talk is and isn't indicated. That's the key point.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No I was serious, you are boring. And your humor, needs work. You remind me of this guy.

1DBC64D7-1D02-4F47-AA9E-96BDAD537687.jpeg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And before you cry, it’s called ball busting. It’s what normal guys do.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
And before you cry, it’s called ball busting. It’s what normal guys do.
You are so right. Ron's humor game needs to be upped. YOU, however, ARE funny! Insinuating that you have balls is hilarious!! Keep up the good work.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
So I took out the Micro-Start XP10 Heavy Duty from the rear of my jeep. Checked to make sure all lights on the starter where on indicating a full charge (which it had), connected it to the positive and negative terminals of the main battery. Walked around to the drivers side, sat in and pressed on the brake peddle and start button the engine fired up immediately!

I was very relieved that this simple process using a strong enough jump starter worked without having to go through all the other processes that I have been reading about. This should give JL owners confidence that a strong enough booster will get the job done.
Maybe it got overlooked in this thread, but @MD1 was able to jump his JL with a booster pack in the “normal” way. I for one am happy to hear this.

I plan to order the same booster pack, and hopefully it will work if ever needed. If not, I’ll then look more into the intricacies discussed here on the forum.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
@Rahneld

Lol! You can’t even jab at me without using 5 paragraphs. Bet your a hoot around the camp fire.

A Jeep forum is supposed to be fun. Reading your endless technical diatribes isn’t enjoyable. Post this stuff in the appropriate tech section, otherwise, suck it up buttercup.[/QUOTE

Fun, yes but knowledgeable as well. Don’t read long posts if you find them boring. Meanwhile some of us appreciate the details and the opportunity to learn. Chill out a bit and enjoy.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Maybe it got overlooked in this thread, but @MD1 was able to jump his JL with a booster pack in the “normal” way. I for one am happy to hear this.

I plan to order the same booster pack, and hopefully it will work if ever needed. If not, I’ll then look more into the intricacies discussed here on the forum.
I also jumped my JL with a booster. The brand is Beatit and it's on Amazon for about 70 bucks.It has more cranking amps than the one mentioned at half the price.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I also jumped my JL with a booster. The brand is Beatit and it's on Amazon for about 70 bucks.It has more cranking amps than the one mentioned at half the price.
Thanks @jeepdabest!

Glad to hear of another successful jump from a battery pack (and for the recommendation). Maybe this issue has been a bit overblown - I guess time will tell.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are so right. Ron's humor game needs to be upped. YOU, however, ARE funny! Insinuating that you have balls is hilarious!! Keep up the good work.
Kinda creeps me out that you are thinking about my balls.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gentlemen, inspite of all the good natured pokes at each other. The technical info is greatly appreciated so as to give us all a better understanding of how the JL works and how to get it going when it fails to do so. That being said, I was very concerned about being stuck in the middle of nowhere when the batteries failed to do their job properly just as many jeep owners have posted.

Lo and behold my day came today (July 24, 2018) when I went to my garage, sat in the drivers seat of my 2018 JLUR, stepped on the brake peddle, pressed the start button and nothing. After a brief oh shit moment the time had finally come for me to test out my new Micro-Start XP-10 Heavy Duty starter. I have owned Micro-Start products before and they performed as designed to do. I've owned my JL for 17 months and it has 17,000+ miles on it. After much reading regarding this matter I prepared myself to do things in the manner they should be done in order to start my JL.

So I took out the Micro-Start XP10 Heavy Duty from the rear of my jeep. Checked to make sure all lights on the starter where on indicating a full charge (which it had), connected it to the positive and negative terminals of the main battery. Walked around to the drivers side, sat in and pressed on the brake peddle and start button the engine fired up immediately!

I was very relieved that this simple process using a strong enough jump starter worked without having to go through all the other processes that I have been reading about. This should give JL owners confidence that a strong enough booster will get the job done.

This is good info.