First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My girlfriend, Rosann and I both have 2020 Wranglers and had the opportunity to attend the 2022 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival, near Butler, PA in June. Both of us are relatively new to the Jeep life and wanted to use our Jeeps on some of the trails and volunteer to help with the operation of the festival. Without volunteers, these events do not happen. There was an army of volunteers.

Day 1: On Friday, June 10, we arrived at the fairgrounds and spent the majority of the morning browsing the vendor aisles and also checking out the Heritage display inside the building. That display was really epic. Since I'm a volunteer firefighter, I enjoyed checking out the vintage fire apparatus. Yes, we bought a few items, mainly some recovery gear in case we needed it later on during the weekend. We also got to chat with Matt from the Bleepin Jeep YouTube channel for a few minutes as well. Pretty cool rigs and nice guy. On our way to the food court area, we spotted Jelly, the dog whose owners are @Kevin8086 and Brittany of the Lite Brite YouTube channel. We stopped and introduced ourselves and chatted for a few minutes and then went on our way. Kevin and Brittany are super cool and we were glad to have met them since they were a big inspiration to us to start our own YouTube channel (Life, Liberty and Adventures). After we had lunch, we made our way over to the Kildoo Rd area where the Babes of Bantam trail ride was scheduled in the afternoon. Rosann was scheduled to do that trail ride and I was assigned videographer and photographer duties. It was a blast! She did an excellent job handling her Jeep on that trail, which seemed to be a mix of green and blue trails.

Day 2: On Saturday, June 11, we spent the entire day volunteering at the Kildoo Rd site working the staging lanes. We had the opportunity to meet a ton of people and chat about Jeeping and off-roading. Everyone was really friendly and excited to be there, even when the staging lanes got a little backed up due to the volume of people coming in to ride the trails. We didn't capture any video or pics that day, we were just too busy.

Day 3: On Sunday, June 12, we got both of our Jeeps dirty and muddy in the playground at the Cooper's Lake site. What a great time! We got quite a bit of video. While we were watching the other Jeeps go through the playground, we noticed that nearly every Gladiator was getting hung up on one of the obstacles. It was the one with the large boulders. I also noticed that many Wranglers were banging their frame and axles on the boulders. I decided that I wasn't that daring with my Jeep and didn't feel like getting that kind of damage on it yet, so I skipped that obstacle. Then in the afternoon, we went on the last Moraine Trail Ride. That was a really cool experience and it's unfortunate that it is the last one. I'm not totally sure why, but during that trail ride, we saw some really interesting sights in the woods around Moraine State Park.

The videos that we created of our experience at the 2022 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival are linked below if you're interested. Thanks for checking the videos out!

Day 1: 2022 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival

Day 3: 2022 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looks like a great time w/ lots of Jeeps from many generations represented! Good job on the video work too, looks like you both had a blast, thanks for sharing!