The Hella Yella Overland Build

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I have not taken mine to the dunes yet... how did it do? How far did you end up airing down? I assume this is Pismo.. if so nice place to have fun.

Great photo!

TC
Sponsored

OP
OP
imapseudonym

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I have not taken mine to the dunes yet... how did it do? How far did you end up airing down? I assume this is Pismo.. if so nice place to have fun.

Great photo!

TC
Hi I don't know how I missed this!

The Jeep did great at the dunes. We aired down to 10 PSI and had no issues. Never got stuck, could go up mostly everything. Some stuff just needed a little more speed than others. We towed a few people out and couldn't get stuck no matter how hard we tried lol.

Aired down we could mainly stay in 2 wheel drive for most of the stuff. But when we started climbing things and towing people out we needed 4 wheel drive.

Overall, we had a lot of fun out there and it's a lot different than rocks! :D

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Awesome build, man!! I love that roof rack. Question: How removable is it? I'd love to put something like that on but I'd want to take it off when not going camping/overlanding so I can remove the freedom panels/roof. Is it a full uninstall process?

OP
OP
imapseudonym

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Awesome build, man!! I love that roof rack. Question: How removable is it? I'd love to put something like that on but I'd want to take it off when not going camping/overlanding so I can remove the freedom panels/roof. Is it a full uninstall process?
It would be a pretty tedious process to fully remove. You can get the quick disconnects to slide the roof rack back to remove the freedom panels and hard top but that's about it. We have the quick disconnects but it still takes a good 10 mins to loosen all the bolts and everything to slide it back.

Wish there were better options for soft tops needing a rood rack. If we hard a hard top, we probably would do one that mounts to the roll bars that can be disconnected.

benhinez

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your build looks fantastic! Nice work!! Have you re-geared with your 37's?

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Very cool. My windshield took a rock at ~ 500 miles. But replacement was painless. I wanted to stay more stock but add some protection...I'm waiting for RH4x4 system to arrive.
Try the Wheeler Ridge trail...
Sponsored