Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I called them back in May and they confirmed the weight at 104lbs each. Are you sure they are only 40lbs? am i misremembering?
The 100lb total shipping weight was printed on the shipping label. It's just my packaging and individual slider weights that are guesstimates, because I didn't have a scale to weigh them separately.

Also, as I'm writing this, I'm remembering that LOD has changed their design of the Destroyers. I have the older 1-piece fully welded versions, whereas the new version has bolt on frame brackets that are both stronger and easier to install. The weight is probably higher, but doubtful it's by a lot. I'm thinking that 104lbs they told you is total shipping weight of the new version of Destroyers.

The strongest sliders I've seen so far, are the Rimrocker series from Next Venture Motorsports, which get welded to the frame. Those are listed at 83lbs per side, and that's not including the optional aluminum bar stock inserted into the steel tubing, which brings them up to 98lbs per side.
Sponsored

EcoRubicon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Motobilt frame mounted weld-on could be an option as well, mine just came in yesterday and they're beefy.

JonathanH

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2004 GX470
Thanks both @jhackathorne and @bchen for your comments.
Just placed an order on the White Knuckle sliders, the straight away version without top plates. I have seen them in person from my friend’s RAM and really liked it. It would make it easier for my wife to get on/off the Jeep.

Thanks @jackathorne and @bchen for your opinions and pictures.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
from the “Other” category:
Artec.
sturdy enough for what i do, and i like the way the most frequent contact point isn’t painted, and is easy to polish/brush back up (if you care about how such things look).

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! E6D9B1E8-FA43-4E6F-BAAD-FCF98EED4A1F

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Just placed an order on the White Knuckle sliders, the straight away version without top plates. I have seen them in person from my friend’s RAM and really liked it. It would make it easier for my wife to get on/off the Jeep.

Thanks @jackathorne and @bchen for your opinions and pictures.
I was dead set on getting Shrockwork sliders but obviously that’s out of the question now. I need coming back to Whitekunckle but I just wish the 90* version sat a little higher to cover the pinch seam better.

Another brand I keep looking at is TNT Customs out of Wyoming. But haven’t found anyone who runs them.

ek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Private
Total shipping weight (sliders and packaging) of my LOD Destroyers was 100lbs. LOD is notorious for their use of heavy duty cardboard, and the sliders get wrapped in plastic sheets before they are spray foamed into the box. The packaging must've weighed an easy 20lbs, resulting in each slider only weighing 40lbs max.

I've been extremely pleased with my Destroyers. Their construction and welds are top notch, and the finish has held up with zero signs of rust after nearly 3 years and 2 salty winters on my JLUR that hasn't seen soap and water since before the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! E6D9B1E8-FA43-4E6F-BAAD-FCF98EED4A1F
I don't think these sliders are 40Lbs per side (unless you don't count the brackets and hardware). LOD's own web site lists Destroyers at 122LBs: https://lodoffroad.com/products/2018-jl-destroyer-series-4-door-rock-sliders.

bchen

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2019
I was dead set on getting Shrockwork sliders but obviously that’s out of the question now. I need coming back to Whitekunckle but I just wish the 90* version sat a little higher to cover the pinch seam better.

Another brand I keep looking at is TNT Customs out of Wyoming. But haven’t found anyone who runs them.
Someone in a separate slider thread (comment #18) spray painted the seam which really blends it into the background. From the distance he took his pic, it looks great.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Someone in a separate slider thread (comment #18) spray painted the seam which really blends it into the background. From the distance he took his pic, it looks great.
@spurly I took pics of before and after I painted mine. And once the sliders are on you can't see them at all.

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

JonathanH

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2004 GX470

yeah I wish the 90* version would cover the seam. I ended up changing my order to get the 45* version.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think these sliders are 40Lbs per side (unless you don't count the brackets and hardware). LOD's own web site lists Destroyers at 122LBs: https://lodoffroad.com/products/2018-jl-destroyer-series-4-door-rock-sliders.
You bring up an excellent point. I just went back to check the date of my previous post, and it wasn't too long ago. I should've specified that I have the original version of the steel Destroyers, which have welded on brackets. They've been on my JLUR for over 3 years now, but LOD has since released their aluminum "lite" version followed by a revamp of the steel version that has similar bolt on brackets. Those revised brackets are supposed to be a bit stronger. It makes perfect sense that the new steel version would weigh more than my originals.

I'll have to keep that in mind on the next occasion that there's talk about Destroyer weights.

Thanks for pointing that out! It's important to keep the info as accurate as possible for the next person that's in research mode.

Cheers, buddy!

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
If you want a set to slide, pivot and jack from you can't beat RockHard. If you want a set to look cool, get whatever.

Modularmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I was browsing the White Knuckle Off-road site this evening and noticed they had a new option for the rub rail angle. Has anyone purchased the White Knuckle Sliders and selected the option “straight away from body for NO Rubicon rails installed”? Does this option change anything about the height of the slider? Does this sit a bit a higher than “straight away from body for Rubicon rails installed”? I’m hoping this option covers the pinch seam a little better.
Sponsored