Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
+1 For LOD's packaging. I too ordered their Destroyer frame mounted step/slider, and I've NEVER seen better packaging!
Installing LOD parts always turns into a 2 day affair. By the time they finally get unpacked, I'm worn out and have to call it a night. ;)

LOD certainly doesn't cheap out on packaging. I hope to one day be buried in such a high quality box. :LOL:
Sponsored

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm a big fan of my ps rocker knockers on the gladiator. Beefy, USA made (or at least were a year ago) and super practical with the removable steps. The steps remove with 2, half inch bolts you can zip out with an impact in seconds for when you need ultimate clearance.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Other - VKS Fab’s Informant weld on rock slider for the win

JonathanH

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2004 GX470
I went with White Knuckle on my JLU. They are solid, were relatively easy to mount, and support my 225lb body climbing up on them everyday without any wobble.
I think they’re also a relatively small shop. I was able to talk to helpful people there pre-ordering. Good customer service.
I’m on the fence between LOD and White Knuckle. Do you have the one with 45 or 90 degrees angle?
Would you mind posting a few pictures? Appreciate it.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have the Rock Hard Patriot series sliders and I've been happy with them. They were put to the test on the Rubicon last summer - I used them to pivot and slide on many rocks on that trip.
Which ones did you get?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I’m on the fence between LOD and White Knuckle. Do you have the one with 45 or 90 degrees angle?
Not me you were asking, but I am running White Knuckle with the 45 degree. I vote for them over the LOD. No chance you have to touch the dreaded body bolts during install, 4 frame connections per side versus 3 for the LOD Signature Sliders.

I have a buddy running the Destroyer sliders and they have held up great. He did say install was less than fun. For the Signature Series I do like the cover plates to keep anything from getting tangled up.

IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7781.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

bchen

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2019
Pictures added. I went with the 90 degree White Knuckles. The 45's are better protection when rock crawling, but they're harder to use as steps. It was a consolation to my wife and kids who complained after I got the lift (Metal Cloak 2", that turned out to be 4" because I don't weigh enough?). I also like that the White Knuckles have a flare towards the back to push the Jeep away from whatever rock you might slide against.

As @jhackathorne mentioned, the install didn't require touching body bolts. I did the install myself and spent a lot of time laying under the jeep looking up. Used jack stands to hold the slider in place. Very relaxing.

IMG_0760.JPEG

IMG_0761.JPEG

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The faceplates on the PS and LOD get trashed in the rocks. I know from experience. The LOD were great otherwise. On my current 22, I’m a waiting on a drill bit to install a set of frame installed from VKSFAB.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Mine r just waiting for me to put them on. :like:

6CEA8485-4F70-475B-AE5A-91C57A4C52E2.jpeg

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Total shipping weight (sliders and packaging) of my LOD Destroyers was 100lbs. LOD is notorious for their use of heavy duty cardboard, and the sliders get wrapped in plastic sheets before they are spray foamed into the box. The packaging must've weighed an easy 20lbs, resulting in each slider only weighing 40lbs max.

I've been extremely pleased with my Destroyers. Their construction and welds are top notch, and the finish has held up with zero signs of rust after nearly 3 years and 2 salty winters on my JLUR that hasn't seen soap and water since before the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 6CEA8485-4F70-475B-AE5A-91C57A4C52E2
I thought I called them back in May and they confirmed the weight at 104lbs each. Are you sure they are only 40lbs? am i misremembering?
Sponsored