First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I have been thinking long and hard on which set of rock sliders to put on my JL, and when I finally was ready to make the decision with Shrockworks' JL sliders... Unfortunately it seems that Shrockworks JUST went out of business! (although if anyone has the hookup and knows how to get a set of Shrockworks' JL Rock Sliders let me know!)

Luckily there were a few other options in mind but still having a hard time choosing. I think the list is narrowed down enough to ask for anyone's personal experience or opinions. The potential choices are listed below...

Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker:
Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675451879701

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452184588

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452097118
Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452239253

LOD Signature:
Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452420523

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452551577

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452324577

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675452359313

White Knuckle Offroad:
Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675454156070

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675454187511

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675454073857

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 1675454116686

*Other opinions welcome!

- Looking for frame mounted
- Clearance wanted (not low hanging)
- Prefer not to remove body mount bolts to install
- Minimal company logo / branding
Sponsored

EcoRubicon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Motobilt frame mounted will be what I go with personally, not sure if you have looked into them yet.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I have gone LOD signature twice and would again. I am a fan of the White Knuckle Offroad slider and nearly went that direction recently, but my jeep shop thought LOD was a better choice. I got the sense it was mostly bc WhiteKnucle does more in the toyota space (? IIRC?) and not as much of a known quantity in the jeep world. I think they look great, looks like solid DOM construction too.

These kinds of inputs always pop up for me when I look at Poison Spyder gear -
about 2015 poison spyder was bought out by transamerica, the same company that owns smittybilt, procomp, g2, and rubicon express, they also own 4wd.com and 4 wheeel parts. The big things with those other brands are they are very much chines made cheep brands. RE was once a highly praised independent company for quality and service until they went belly up and TA bought out them and now they are just a junk lift brand. A lot of people were afraid that the same thing would happy to psc and it looks like they are transitioning from american made to china made which makes sense for TA to do that.

From what i can see some of their items are made in usa and some are made in china, but being a premium brand for TA their quality is not as bad a smittybilt

found this with 20 seconds of searching, if you look at some of their bumpers they are marked as china made this these are genuine psc parts
https://www.alibaba.com/china-poison-spyder-suppliers.html

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
My plan as of right now is to go with the white knuckle sliders.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I have been thinking long and hard on which set of rock sliders to put on my JL, and when I finally was ready to make the decision with Shrockworks' JL sliders... Unfortunately it seems that Shrockworks JUST went out of business! (although if anyone has the hookup and knows how to get a set of Shrockworks' JL Rock Sliders let me know!)
Yeah it is really sad. Shrockworks was hands down the best performer, but there are other good ones out there. Shrock didn't have a huge foothold in the jeep world, but in Toyota and Nissan they were well known, and to my knowledge one of the only companies supporting the Nissan platform. I was really sad when I got their email. They have been my primary choice for my vehicles over the last almost 20y now. Consumers today want items now and aren't willing to wait for build to order or pay for customization which they were very good at.

If you go LOD, I highly recommend ordering parts raw metal and have a local powdercoater do the powder coating. I've been really unhappy with LOD finish work and quality of workmanship there. Lots of threaded holes need cleaning out or retapping to clean up threads. Bearing areas filled with metal scraps. Well made, poor finish work. Paint quality poor and rusting where it shouldn't.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The pictures posted seem to indicate that you're looking for JLU rock sliders and not JL, right?

My vote goes to RSE sliders. I've rotated on them on quite a few boulders and they're holding up incredibly well. They're expensive as hell though, especially with the additional armor.

I've got a fairly well-built Jeep and for some reason people comment on those before anything else. Pretty weird / unexpected.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
Just got some Next Venture rails in. Beefy doesn't begin to describe them - 82 lbs each. Beautiful fabrication. Weld on to the frame. Not cheap but caught them on a black friday sale at 20% off.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the CavFab ones to replace my stock ones with the ACE sliders. Its been closing in on 3 months and they claimed to be delivering them next week. I should have gone with the White Knuckle ones and be done with that part of my Moab project. Oh well.....We'll see if anything gets delivered next week. 🤷‍♂️

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Motobilt should be a consideration if you’re ok with weld on. I just wasn’t ready to commit to weld on long term. They were on sale holiday time and I almost went that route, but went White Knuckle instead. Install was pretty simple and no concerns over body mount bolts breaking.

bchen

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2019
I went with White Knuckle on my JLU. They are solid, were relatively easy to mount, and support my 225lb body climbing up on them everyday without any wobble.
I think they’re also a relatively small shop. I was able to talk to helpful people there pre-ordering. Good customer service.

Sponsored

sdjeppa

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2022 JLURXR
I have the Rock Hard Patriot series sliders and I've been happy with them. They were put to the test on the Rubicon last summer - I used them to pivot and slide on many rocks on that trip.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I'm looking for lightweight... very important for my build. Hard to find that info. If anyone has weight data on them, please post.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for lightweight... very important for my build. Hard to find that info. If anyone has weight data on them, please post.
Total shipping weight (sliders and packaging) of my LOD Destroyers was 100lbs. LOD is notorious for their use of heavy duty cardboard, and the sliders get wrapped in plastic sheets before they are spray foamed into the box. The packaging must've weighed an easy 20lbs, resulting in each slider only weighing 40lbs max.

I've been extremely pleased with my Destroyers. Their construction and welds are top notch, and the finish has held up with zero signs of rust after nearly 3 years and 2 salty winters on my JLUR that hasn't seen soap and water since before the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 20220806_091606

bchen

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2019
The White Knuckles were around 100 lbs, also.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Total shipping weight (sliders and packaging) of my LOD Destroyers was 100lbs. LOD is notorious for their use of heavy duty cardboard, and the sliders get wrapped in plastic sheets before they are spray foamed into the box. The packaging must've weighed an easy 20lbs, resulting in each slider only weighing 40lbs max.

I've been extremely pleased with my Destroyers. Their construction and welds are top notch, and the finish has held up with zero signs of rust after nearly 3 years and 2 salty winters on my JLUR that hasn't seen soap and water since before the sliders.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Great Rock Slider Debate! 20220806_091606
+1 For LOD's packaging. I too ordered their Destroyer frame mounted step/slider, and I've NEVER seen better packaging!
Sponsored