Sponsored

The Ford Mustang is the most similar vehicle to the Jeep Wrangler available in the U.S.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. We have two Fox body Mustangs, and two Wranglers (TJ and JLU). All but one Fox body are modified. Those two platforms are super easy to modify and personalize to the owners taste. I had so much fun back before kids in my 91 GT. It has taken a backseat and a garage stall. I love wrenching on it and the TJ equally.
Agreed, it's the reason I got the JL, because I like to personalize my vehicles. I want to spot mine in a parking lot full of same models.

Here's my (now gone) 2006 Mustang GT.
2014-09-22.jpg

Found one with the Jeep in the background, and the newer wheels on the Mustang
2018-11-25%20(13).jpg
Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
You can off-road a JL over a Mustang, so there’s that similarity too. One can off-road, the other can be off-roaded on.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hard time arguing your point. Sometimes my wife even lets me drive her Shelby. There’s just something about a blonde in a red, convertible Mustang. Especially one with 658 WHP.

6AA52819-B6AD-4471-8E9C-0E445CECEBDC.jpeg

C66CB0C3-923D-429F-AF09-B620686316AF.jpeg

2907B24C-853D-4688-A48E-DBAB760A5702.jpeg

OP
OP
multicam

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hard time arguing your point. Sometimes my wife even lets me drive her Shelby. There’s just something about a blonde in a red, convertible Mustang. Especially one with 658 WHP.

6AA52819-B6AD-4471-8E9C-0E445CECEBDC.jpeg

C66CB0C3-923D-429F-AF09-B620686316AF.jpeg

2907B24C-853D-4688-A48E-DBAB760A5702.jpeg
She’s beautiful! Your wife and the Mustang ain’t bad either ;) :LOL:

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I own both as well. One is my go fast vehicle and the other is the go anywhere vehicle. Both are weekend toys.

I had actually had similar thought to the topic before. Both the wrangler and mustang are world renown icons. Both are loved in countries all over the world.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
In all honesty, owning either one is the culmination of the American dream isn't it? Everyone needs a car for utilitarian needs such as work, school, groceries, etc. But living in America we get the choice of driving icons of freedom and capitalism. Do you NEED a mustang? Absolutely not. A 1989 Toyota Tercel would get the job done. But who wants to do a 2nd gear pull in a damn Tercel? No one.

Do you need a lifted JL with huge tires? Absolutely not. But there are those of us who want, nay NEED, to go down that trail, to go up that mountain, to ford that creek, to climb that rock pile. It's who we are, and we are different from the huddled masses driving their pathetic "Smartcars" to their cubicles 5 times a week and sometimes on Saturday.

My Shelby growls, literally wants to eat these sad little cars and the asphalt they rest on. I can feel it, it talks to me. "Let's go fast..let me breathe...I need to breathe." And we do. Screaming up to 5800 RPMs i can feel the ghost of Carroll sitting next to be chuckling in his slow Texas drawl. I hear P-51s tearing into a a Japanese ship over Midway, reaping revenge for our brothers. Supercharger whining like a Ma' Deuce. The dragon breathes fire and belches smoke from tires that try their best to overcome torque that should be reserved for a demi-god.

And my sweet little orange Jeep, like the ones that came before it, chug along on the trail so painfully slow....I think i can, I think i can. Chewing up boulders, mud, water, camber, sand and whatever else else the mountain throws at it. Hardly challenged and understated, while we take the credit it deserves. What could we possibly throw at a Jeep that it hasn't already conquered? The DNA is that of giants. Heroes. More than we deserve. Seven slots, two lost in WW2 representing our fallen countrymen. And in my case, the grandpa who came back forever damaged. Because fuck tyrants and mass murderers. Freedom lives on this planet because of Americans doing American things. And the Jeep and the Mustang are manifestations of this freedom. Tops down, wind in the hair, middle fingers up. I triple-dog dare you.

These are the vehicles i choose to drive, spawns of the greatest generation. Anyway, most don't get it. But I'm betting a lot on this forum do

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
In all honesty, owning either one is the culmination of the American dream isn't it? Everyone needs a car for utilitarian needs such as work, school, groceries, etc. But living in America we get the choice of driving icons of freedom and capitalism. Do you NEED a mustang? Absolutely not. A 1989 Toyota Tercel would get the job done. But who wants to do a 2nd gear pull in a damn Tercel? No one.

Do you need a lifted JL with huge tires? Absolutely not. But there are those of us who want, nay NEED, to go down that trail, to go up that mountain, to ford that creek, to climb that rock pile. It's who we are, and we are different from the huddled masses driving their pathetic "Smartcars" to their cubicles 5 times a week and sometimes on Saturday.

My Shelby growls, literally wants to eat these sad little cars and the asphalt they rest on. I can feel it, it talks to me. "Let's go fast..let me breathe...I need to breathe." And we do. Screaming up to 5800 RPMs i can feel the ghost of Carroll sitting next to be chuckling in his slow Texas drawl. I hear P-51s tearing into a a Japanese ship over Midway, reaping revenge for our brothers. Supercharger whining like a Ma' Deuce. The dragon breathes fire and belches smoke from tires that try their best to overcome torque that should be reserved for a demi-god.

And my sweet little orange Jeep, like the ones that came before it, chug along on the trail so painfully slow....I think i can, I think i can. Chewing up boulders, mud, water, camber, sand and whatever else else the mountain throws at it. Hardly challenged and understated, while we take the credit it deserves. What could we possibly throw at a Jeep that it hasn't already conquered? The DNA is that of giants. Heroes. More than we deserve. Seven slots, two lost in WW2 representing our fallen countrymen. And in my case, the grandpa who came back forever damaged. Because fuck tyrants and mass murderers. Freedom lives on this planet because of Americans doing American things. And the Jeep and the Mustang are manifestations of this freedom. Tops down, wind in the hair, middle fingers up. I triple-dog dare you.

These are the vehicles i choose to drive, spawns of the greatest generation. Anyway, most don't get it. But I'm betting a lot on this forum do
Semper Fi.

1920px-P51_Mustang_Red_Tail.jpg

Special_Air_Service_in_North_Africa_E_21337.jpg

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

‘Mercia!

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I rented a convertible Mustang last summer in Seattle. Although it was fun driving around Mt Rainier, I was wishing I was in my Jeep soft top.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I loved that writeup, I'm too much of a history buff to not point out that the P-51 Mustang was not at Midway. Buffalos and Wildcats were the Fighters used by the Navy and Marines, and the Army had B-26s and B-17s.

In no way am I attempting to talk down to you, I'm just being a nerd, thank you.

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I loved that writeup, I'm too much of a history buff to not point out that the P-51 Mustang was not at Midway. Buffalos and Wildcats were the Fighters used my the Navy and Marines, and the Army had B-26s and B-17s.

In no way am I attempting to talk down to you, I'm just being a nerd, thank you.
LOL! Well in my imaginary WW2 air/naval battle...it's Midway! At least I didn't use Shiloh as my example.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! Well in my imaginary WW2 air/naval battle...it's Midway! At least I didn't use Shiloh as my example.
Not to worry. The P-51D became the Icon it is because of its outstanding performance and was even able to take on the German's latest Jet fighters.
Sponsored