Sponsored

THE FIX FOR LOCKERS: Blinking lights, service axle locker system, lockers wont engage/disengage

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I sent an email off to Dana to see when they will start selling the solenoid. No response yet a week later.
My dealer called today and said the actuator should be in tomorrow for mine!
Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
My dealer called today and said the actuator should be in tomorrow for mine!
They replace the actuator but that doesn't seem to be the problem for most. The actuator is the magnet that engages your locker, but my lockers are working fine. it is the sensor that is reading the position that is faulty
Really hope for you it fixed the problem but don;t get your hopes up, a new axle might be in your future.

LInk of actuator
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/a...MIobj1zouX6wIVFx6tBh2xogxVEAQYAyABEgIti_D_BwE

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent an email off to Dana to see when they will start selling the solenoid. No response yet a week later.
I hope they will one day, it is a super easy and cheap fix, sensor is about $20 for a JK
I'll then keep the cable in case the front fails

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got the call today, actuator was wrong and was for a JK. Correct one is not available. Front axle is on order eta. one to Two weeks. The fun is just starting.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the call today, actuator was wrong and was for a JK. Correct one is not available. Front axle is on order eta. one to Two weeks. The fun is just starting.
Tell them already it is not the actuator like they think but the sensor
And since they don't have the sensor the only option they have is swapping your axle like many before you
Hope this saves you the long waiting process

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Tell them already it is not the actuator like they think but the sensor
And since they don't have the sensor the only option they have is swapping your axle like many before you
Hope this saves you the long waiting process
Yes thanks, Axle is on the way... I hope this is the true fix. Have seen others that it wasn't

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Zautomotive cable today and the issue is gone, so faulty sensor it is. Hope one day there will be a replacement sensor available so I can revert back to the factory option.

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
I installed the Z locker OEM cable this weekend (only a 20 second install) and all appears to be working correctly now. The flashing light is no more, the offroad pages and the locker switch seem to be working as you would have hoped from day 1 with lockers engaging and the appropriate indicator lights are showing.

It would be great if a replacement sensor option becomes available and/or a recall but until either of those happen I will stick with the Z Locker OEM fix and avoid the headache of dealing with my local Jeep dealership.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Just thought I'd drop this info as it might be meaningful to some here. I was told by a out of state Jeep technician they've been seeing quite a few Rubi rears where the seal for the locker has failed. He said they've reported it to Jeep and they're apparently researching it.

If it took ~4 years to solve the steering, this should results in a TSB by the end of the decade, maybe.

Sponsored

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I'd drop this info as it might be meaningful to some here. I was told by a out of state Jeep technician they've been seeing quite a few Rubi rears where the seal for the locker has failed. He said they've reported it to Jeep and they're apparently researching it.

If it took ~4 years to solve the steering, this should results in a TSB by the end of the decade, maybe.
:facepalm:

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Got some good news. Initially the Zautomotive wiring harness did not fix my locker problem so I ended up buying the complete mopar chassis wiring harness and completed the replacement last night. When I restarted the car it fixed two problems, the lockers are working which is awesome and my fuel level gauge started working again which was another huge blessing for me.

I did reconnect the zutomotive OEM wiring harness to the new mopar chassis wiring harness at the same time to provide the best chance of success and it worked. Will it work without the Zauto harness? Who knows, I didn't test it because I'm happy with the current situation and don't want to mess with it. I have not had lockers for 9 months!

In summary, my lockers did not work with zauto oem wiring harness alone. When combined with a new mopar chassis wiring harness they do work. Obviously part of my problem was in my old oem chassis wiring harness and it still could have a sensor issue in the diff which I'm going to stick my head in the sand on because I just want to move on. Once I know this locker works consistently I'll pull off the zauto harness and test it out.

Here are the details on the new mopar oem chassis wiring harness:

Jeep Wrangler JL THE FIX FOR LOCKERS:  Blinking lights, service axle locker system, lockers wont engage/disengage 1598635285985

It took a few hours of messing around, had to remove the gas tank to access it and use my sons smaller hands to reach some of the tighter spaces. All good ;)

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Does this allow the locker engagement in 2wd and 4hi? If so is this only possible with a Trazer or will Jscan allow this as well? Read a bit on it in the other thread.

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Does this allow the locker engagement in 2wd and 4hi? If so is this only possible with a Trazer or will Jscan allow this as well? Read a bit on it in the other thread.
When we tested it last night I did notice the lockers would not engage in 4Hi, there was a message on the screen to put it on 4low. Just what I saw and I was not focussed on where the transfer case position was, just wanted the silly thing to work.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
When we tested it last night I did notice the lockers would not engage in 4Hi, there was a message on the screen to put it on 4low. Just what I saw and I was not focussed on where the transfer case position was, just wanted the silly thing to work.
But did you do any programming before to allow it or just connected it with factory settings? I’m pretty I read it’s possible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.