The final steps on pick-up...

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Hey all. Picking up my Willys Saturday. When you sat down with the finance manager, what were some of the things they were trying to sell you? I know the extended warranty will be one of them. Also, which did you choose and how much did you pay.
Sponsored

Landog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys 2 Door
He was nice, but tried to sell me everything, including - GAP insurance. I had 8k equity on my trade and put another 10k down. I literally laughed. He got the hint and laughed too.

Lets see what I remember:

GAP insurance
Extended Warranty
Paint Protection
Seat and Carpet Protection
Extended Service Contract
Security Etching of some sort
And a couple other things I don't remember

Which ones did I choose? NONE

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Some insurance companies include GAP insurance. For anyone who doesn't put a lot down, may want to check with your agent.

OP
OP
JeezAJeep

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
The only 2 I see MAYBE worthwhile are the Extended Warranty and Paint Protection which may be the scratches, dings,etc. if I can get 2 years extra on the warranty and pay 800/dollars and the paint protection for a few hundred I would think about it. Thanks

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
IMO, I would decline all aside from warranty (if you put enough down to avoid GAP). I've had extended warranty pay for itself multiple times on multiple vehicles. I've also negotiated a better price for it after initially declining it. You get some money back for it if you trade with some warranty left and it's a selling point if you try private sale. I've just listed my 2016 Renegade and with 3 years / 50+k miles left on transferable warranty I hope it helps me sell. I know I'd feel better spending that much in a private sale knowing the vehicle still had a warranty.
Sponsored