The Elusive Golden Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Only brochure for request that is see is for the JK. Is this the one or is there a hidden link to request the 2018 Jl brochure?
Sponsored

brantb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500, charger daytona 392
I finally got an email for the golden ticket. But not how i expected. The title was "Hurry In! Exclusive Retail Bonus Cash Offers End 02/28" Just purchased a new vehicle 4 days ago...

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
So a local dealer that I had been communicating with about the JL and test driven with said he was unable to match another dealers quote. The next day I got an email from Jeep with Golden Ticket Code in my name. The email referenced the local dealer and had a link to their website. I had not signed up for anything on any FCA sites because I knew my order wouldn’t hit the current 2/28 date. Seems this dealer had something to do with my Golden Ticket. Maybe this info will help others secure theirs.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I posted about Tread Lightly, car buying services, Group Buys, and Golden tickets here back in May. Now that people are ready to think about pricing it seems more relevant.

So I thought I would cover the Golden Ticket again since it hasn't gotten any real play here yet.

TLDR: Go to jeep.com and sign up for brochures and you might get a coupon worth $500.

So what is the golden ticket? It is a cash incentive to purchase. usually $500. Sometimes $1000. They cover all Jeep vehicles and sometimes even all Chrysler vehicles. They come in the mail or email. Now there are a lot of urban legends about Golden Tickets so I spoke with Jeep Incentives today and confirmed that all of them are true. So here is the run down:

1 - Do regular people actually get these things or are they just for rainbow-shitting unicorns who brag on the Internet? They are actually real. I have gotten at least 3 over the years. They can come in the mail like a postcard or bundled with a brochure or you can get them in email. I threw away the cards once they expired (though I did carry one around in my briefcase for a year like I was Gollum and it was a f^#$ing ring). But I did manage to dig up an email that referenced one:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.08.21 PM.jpg

That's a Golden Ticket. No it is not Gold. The FCA Incentive people call it a TDM which stands for Targeted Direct Mail. And they expire. You have to take delivery and use it before the expiration date.

2 - How do I get one? To get one go to the Jeep site and sign up for brochures. Say that you are going to buy a new vehicle soon. Sign up for both email and actual mail. That puts you on a list. Then names are selected at random from the list.

3 - They won't do incentives for the new Wrangler because it is too new and in demand, will they? The new Wrangler is not some special edition. It is a full production vehicle and they want to sell all of them and all the JKs too. They generally do not exclude full production vehicles from these offers. As you can see from the example above they don't just apply to the Wrangler they apply to all Jeep vehicles and in the fine print a lot of time they apply to all Chrysler vehicles.

4 - So should I just go to the Jeep.com site and say I am interested in the new Wrangler? You should do that. But also say that you are interested in a bunch of other Jeep and Chrysler vehicles too. The woman I spoke too could not confirm that they pull from different lists for different campaigns based on what vehicles you are interested in but it stands to reason. I have always requested Wrangler brochures but also less popular vehicles just in case. I'm not proud of it but for a few years I said Yes. I do think I will buy a Jeep Patriot in the next 3-6 months.

5 - What if it comes in the mail and my wife just throws it away not realizing it is worth $500! The good news is if they have a certificate on file they will honor it. You can call the Jeep incentives line at any time and ask if you have any TDMs on file. They will look it up for you. Here's the number: 1-800-227-0757.

I think that is it. Good Luck!
Thank you for providing all this info.

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Today I called the FCA Incentive Hotline and they said I was issued a $500 TDM yesterday (3/1) and gave me the certificate number. I signed up for a TON of info requests last month for Jeep and Dodge products.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Today I called the FCA Incentive Hotline and they said I was issued a $500 TDM yesterday (3/1) and gave me the certificate number. I signed up for a TON of info requests last month for Jeep and Dodge products.
Lucky!

Congratulations. I am going to check too.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
What does TDM stand for?

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
GOD I LOVE THESE FORUMS!!! I just got off the phone with FCA and I was issued a Golden Ticket yesterday and my Jeep is currently scheduled to be delivered this weekend. Thanks everyone that provides great info!!!

:rock:

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
GOD I LOVE THESE FORUMS!!! I just got off the phone with FCA and I was issued a Golden Ticket yesterday and my Jeep is currently scheduled to be delivered this weekend. Thanks everyone that provides great info!!!

Same here, I'm picking mine up at 11am tomorrow so this $500 comes just in time :turkey:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No new ticket for me :(

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's ok. I had one until 2/28 but I wanted to hold out for Sting-Gray.

I'd like to think I helped some other forum members get theirs so it's all good.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
FAIL!!! When I called the number and verified the amount of the TDM value and got the control number, I also verified it was good for a Wrangler, HOWEVER, it turns out it was not applicable to JL's, just JK Wranglers. Oh well. They didn't hit me with the price increase and I got my Tread Lightly on top of my negotiated price, so I still came out OK. The highlighted portion shows the exclusions.
IMG_5667.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.