Sponsored

The Difference in MattsOffRoadRecovery and LiteBrite/TrailRecon/Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I started to type this all out in another thread, then figured I wouldn't hijack it.

LiteBrite came up to Idaho. The biggest Jeep club in the state was all kinds of excited. People were hyped, it was going to be a great time.

It was a ____show. They lost a ton of followers within Idaho and a local off-road company lost a ton of local customers because of what happened. I'll go into detail below.

I already thought LB were a bit out of touch in that they bought the red JLUR and "drove right to Moab", and were hammering on it. Maybe I'm crazy, but if I'm spending $50K I'm going care about it a little.

Then there's the way they parade her out there for clicks. Have you seen the front image of their recent videos?

Then the constant floating of money. When she got her own buggy, that's when I actively did not watch their content anymore. At that point it was fully apparent (like Whistlin Diesel, Trail Recon, that dumbass that jumped the brand new TRX, etc) that they'd lost what made their channel interesting in the first place. Not many people have the YouTube money to just destroy shit.

Then there was the incident in Idaho a few months back.

They came up and Boise Idaho Jeep Club was invited to do a run with them. Now, I didn't go. I believe we had drill that weekend (as usual lol), but I saw the mayhem on FB. They and another member, he's in a JT that's lifted, wrapped, all sorts of money in it, left the group in the desert and didn't come back. Poof, gone.

They all went out together, the trail leader guiding, then once there they basically bolted home. The trail leader stayed back and helped guide everyone out, but it was not cool.

The part of the company losing out is that a rep of theirs was in the JT and is now guilty by association.

Now to my original subject for the post.

The counter to LB/WD/TR is MattsOffRoad. There was some worry for me that the Morrvair was a step in the out-of-touch mentality, but I've seen recent videos and they're still as grounded as they always have been.

It seems they've realized that it's not THEM. It's not the vehicles. It's the JOB they do, the situations they run into and how they handle it all.

Diving down into it, it's what makes TV/Movies successful or not.

The greatest cast and budget can bomb. But the Friends/Cheers/Frazier/Supernatural formula works. Take interesting people and put them in a situation. The drama/comedy will ensue.

Anyway. That's my rant for the day apparently.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.