The Diesel Aftermarket ...

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
Who else can’t wait to rip the new 3.0 apart to build it out?

This thread is meant to answer “will this fit on my 3.0D” and “what xxxxx is available for my 3.0D”?

Does anyone know if the JL 3.6/2.0 lift options will work on the 3.0?

Different skids?

Bumpers?

Sliders?

Any insight from vendors here is great appreciated. I’ll be calling around for various personal requests to manufacturers and will post info here.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

This thread is meant to answer “will this fit on my 3.0D” and “what xxxxx is available for my 3.0D”?

Different skids?

Bumpers?

Sliders?

Any insight from vendors here is great appreciated. I’ll be calling around for various personal requests to manufacturers and will post info here.
Suspension components should be fine, though you’ll want to tend toward options like AEV’s that are designed for heavier builds. Snorkels/raised air intakes are definitely not compatible given the stock intake is on the driver’s side. Bumpers will be compatible across all drivetrains.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You’ll need different spring rates and shock valving in any lifts. The diesel is considerably heavier.

and there are different skids on the stock JLU diesel.
One for the DEF tank and one for the water separator

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good news is there will be a market for the slightly used 4.10:1 ring and pinions guys are taking out if their gas Rubis when they upsize their tires.

All of the diesels (including Rubicon) will be 3.73:1

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Good news is there will be a market for the slightly used 4.10:1 ring and pinions guys are taking out if their gas Rubis when they upsize their tires.

All of the diesels (including Rubicon) will be 3.73:1
They still have more wheel torque than the 2.0 and 3.6 even with the 3.73 so I think the 4.10 swap rate will be lower than you think.

Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They still have more wheel torque than the 2.0 and 3.6 even with the 3.73 so I think the 4.10 swap rate will be lower than you think.
Well.... Currently there is zero market for those parts so a single person wanting to go 4.10 after swapping to 37"s would be a 100% increase. ;);)

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I ordered and diesel and will be running 40s. I may do 4.56 down the road (unlikely)... but not too many will do 4.10. Even if doing it yourself, it’s not worth the hassle. Buddies on 40s with v6 and turbo refuse to regear because it’s still powerful.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Suspension components should be fine, though you’ll want to tend toward options like AEV’s that are designed for heavier builds. Snorkels/raised air intakes are definitely not compatible given the stock intake is on the driver’s side. Bumpers will be compatible across all drivetrains.
The diesel adds about 450# of weight up front (Mostly the engine itself, but there's also some noise mitigation material.) I agree with @JLURD, you'd want to find lift kits that tune their springs for heavier builds. Hopefully other manufacturers will make versions of their front springs to compensate for the added weight.

Or, use a coilover system. :like:

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Different skids?

Bumpers?

Sliders?

I expect exhaust mods will be different as well. For starters, the muffler is different because the DEF tank takes up half of the space available. And I'm sure there will be a market for people who want to delete the EGR and such.

I just hope the diesel Wrangler community doesn't fall into the "rolling coal" nonsense. I'm not sure why anyone would want to deliberately create exponentially more pollution for a moderate performance gain. (In fact, many of the black smoke blowers actually reduce performance.)

I'm also eager to see if the Pedal Commander for DRCJ vehicles works with the EcoDiesel. I've used them in several vehicles and really like them. They don't mess with the engine tune - just throttle response. Probably the best $300 mod I've made on any vehicle. It's also nice to be able to put them in "crawl" mode to make them less responsive.

All in all, I'm right there with you. I'm eager to start working with some of the aftermarket manufacturers to see what's going to be available.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)