First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yep, the cost of doing it yourself beats making an appointment for weeks away, having them keep it a day or three and then telling you it was okay after a battery charge. 3 years on the OEM batteries isn‘t too bad either.
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I had 3 aux batteries before 30k miles. I’ve said it hundreds of times, “the worst part of owning a jeep s the dealer service network”.

I would have loved an extended warranty given the shit I’ve gone through… but the sole reason for not buying one was having to get things fixed at the stealerships.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
C'mon FCA USA/Stellantis, you need to get them under control.

Your dealers remind me of second chance used car franchises.
I can't say I've heard a better description here. 👍 It squares pretty well with my perception of the entire showroom aesthetic during my own purchase experience.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had 3 aux batteries before 30k miles. I’ve said it hundreds of times, “the worst part of owning a jeep s the dealer service network”.

I would have loved an extended warranty given the shit I’ve gone through… but the sole reason for not buying one was having to get things fixed at the stealerships.
Yup. FCA keeps sending me solicitations to buy a Mopar extended warranty, but every time I go to the dealership I’m treated like a terrorist suspect.

There’s no way in hell I’m going to willingly give them my money upfront if I keep being treated like that.

Apparently FCA has trouble seeing the connection...

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
The logic of the battery just needing to be charged by an external source and then it's fine just blows me away. Hey dealer, duh, that means there's something not right.

Sponsored

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I traded in my Gladiator after less than
a year for a 4xe at Tonkin CDJR in Oregon. Liked the salesman .
The fact I was a repeat customer really
smoothed out the process.
The salesman shared alot about the
way his dealership works.
He says their bonuses are tied to
their surveys . Anything less than all
10's no bonus ! He had a very good month and lost $3000 because of
one 9 . I told him most people think
a 9 is pretty good and of course he
agrees but that's the way it is.
Bought the 4xe 3 months ago and
just got an email checking in to make sure I was completely satisfied.
I am .

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Jeep dealers are...terrible for the most part. I mean just about every single one. From sales to service. Stellantis needs to require some serious retraining and licensing consideration if they are going to get into the high end luxury SUV market.

A couple of weeks ago we tried to buy a new Grand Wagoneer for my wife. What a terrible (attempted) buying experience. We had to just walk out. With dealers as bad as they are, they really have no business selling $100k vehicles. Probably a blessing in disguise. As nice as it was, really nice, She will probably go with a Grand Cherokee (IF we can find a decent dealer) to downsize and get better mileage.

That dealer experience sucked. Same one I bought my Wrangler from and the last one I would consider buying another from. I'm talking to you Covert Jeep in Austin.
what about a grade card for dealers? After so many (3 strikes your out), close the dealer ship until they pass a stringent test.. That would also encourage after market service and repair shops.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Try Glenn E Thomas in Signal Hill next time. Their service department is A+++

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I would never buy an extended warranty through the dealer.

I did however buy Geicos warranty (MBI). It is super cheap and I can take my Jeep to any mechanic I want if anything goes wrong. The only caveat is you have to stick with Geico.

If I decide I wanna re-gear my Jeep my factory warranty on my axles is gone. However, the warranty offered by Geico would still cover me in case my factory LSD fucks up my axle for example. Even if the new gears fuck something up, or if I get a locker and it breaks something, they'll cover it. They just wont cover the aftermarket part.

If I decide to switch insurance companies now that my Jeep is 3 years old I lose Geicos MBI and I can't get any sort of extended warranty anymore. I think it is a fair deal. Stay with us and we will keep you covered kind of thing.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
what about a grade card for dealers? After so many (3 strikes your out), close the dealer ship until they pass a stringent test.. That would also encourage after market service and repair shops.
Probably a good start. They need to fox their issues and do so fast. If they want Jeep to move upmarket and take a bigger share of truck sales with Ram. Now is the time, as the Ford/GM 10 speeds still have issues, even after 6 years of production.

Being a glutton for punishment, we are buying a new Wagoneer Series III in about 2 weeks. It's based on a Ram 1500 with a 5.7 eTorque. Everything points to it being more reliable that he Navigator it's replacing that has the very problematic Ford/GM 10 speed auto, which has been rebuilt once already. I will say that the EcoBoost in it has been excellent.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would never buy an extended warranty through the dealer.

I did however buy Geicos warranty (MBI). It is super cheap and I can take my Jeep to any mechanic I want if anything goes wrong. The only caveat is you have to stick with Geico.

If I decide I wanna re-gear my Jeep my factory warranty on my axles is gone. However, the warranty offered by Geico would still cover me in case my factory LSD fucks up my axle for example. Even if the new gears fuck something up, or if I get a locker and it breaks something, they'll cover it. They just wont cover the aftermarket part.

If I decide to switch insurance companies now that my Jeep is 3 years old I lose Geicos MBI and I can't get any sort of extended warranty anymore. I think it is a fair deal. Stay with us and we will keep you covered kind of thing.
Hopefully their warranty program is better than their insurance program. I have been totally screwed by Geico twice on two different Jeeps.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I have a top line Mopar extended warranty! I do not believe batteries are covered?? Maybe the labor of taking half the Jeep apart to do a aux battery is???

Never had the problems I hear with my dealer. My first oil change when JLU's oil was changed was overfill of course I fixed that myself by next change they cured that!

"Central Jeep" in Norwood, MA 6th Jeep from there maybe that's why I seem to be treated well??

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored