BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

In addition, this only works if the jeep is actually "stalled" and does not work if you shut off while on 4 lo and try to restart. Just need to make the attempt in the first few seconds as stated. At least that is how my 2018 JLR works
Yes, my 2018 JLUR does work as acomputernerd and KDB both describe. ("Quick" is true! Display appears for maybe a couple seconds).

Still, the owner's manual says: "In 4L mode, this vehicle will start regardless of whether or not the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor. This feature enhances off-road performance...". I had correspondence back and forth with Jeepwave and customer support via dealer but never got a clear explanation why "regardless" is not actually true.
Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Are any of you using a hand throttle? I know for older Jeeps that was an option but I am not aware with this current version. I am specifically looking to address the stalling when on rocks.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are any of you using a hand throttle? I know for older Jeeps that was an option but I am not aware with this current version. I am specifically looking to address the stalling when on rocks.
No hand throttle possible as it's electronic. However in 4-low you can creep up to a brick wall and just start clawing with all four tires. With a CF clutch even so much more so.

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
No hand throttle possible as it's electronic. However in 4-low you can creep up to a brick wall and just start clawing with all four tires. With a CF clutch even so much more so.
That's what I though but with it being electronic someone could code a blue tooth hand throttle. Oh I have had to creep up walls but it eventually stalls at an inopportune time. Trying to avoid the regearing until I have the funding I know that will help. The CF clutch will eventually be in order later on as well.

Starboard M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That's what I though but with it being electronic someone could code a blue tooth hand throttle. Oh I have had to creep up walls but it eventually stalls at an inopportune time. Trying to avoid the regearing until I have the funding I know that will help. The CF clutch will eventually be in order later on as well.
Not sure if this would work or not, but dont some of the Tazer style programmers have a high idle option you can toggle on and off? Possibly called a winch mode or warm up mode.

The RPM might be a little high and you would run the risk of burning up the clutch, and I have no idea if that is available for the manual Jeeps, or if its over rode with the vehicle in a gear.

Just spitballing!

Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Not sure if this would work or not, but dont some of the Tazer style programmers have a high idle option you can toggle on and off? Possibly called a winch mode or warm up mode.

The RPM might be a little high and you would run the risk of burning up the clutch, and I have no idea if that is available for the manual Jeeps, or if its over rode with the vehicle in a gear.

Just spitballing!
Interesting thought. I could try that this weekend.

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Interesting thought. I could try that this weekend.

Just spitballing!
saw this in the manual and looks promising:
Rock Crawl (excl. 4XE): Press and hold the left arrow and cruise set(-) button, and pump the brakes twice. The Jeep will hold using all four brakes while you can work the pedals to apply torque, and release the buttons when you’re ready to move. “RockCrawl” will be displayed in the cluster.

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Well fellers, I finally joined the group officially. I am sooo glad I went with the manual. It just feels right! And damn, with the 4.88 gears and 4-lo it will "crawl" at about a half mile an hour. This thing is truly impressive.

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Well fellers, I finally joined the group officially. I am sooo glad I went with the manual. It just feels right! And damn, with the 4.88 gears and 4-lo it will "crawl" at about a half mile an hour. This thing is truly impressive.
That is great to know, I have been holding back on a regear due to finances and other Jeep related expenses. Noticed Sunday that I bent my steering stabilizer arm. more expense...

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
you can creep up to a brick wall and just start clawing with all four tires.
Sounds like me trying to get a date.

saw this in the manual and looks promising:
Rock Crawl (excl. 4XE): Press and hold the left arrow and cruise set(-) button, and pump the brakes twice. The Jeep will hold using all four brakes while you can work the pedals to apply torque, and release the buttons when you’re ready to move. “RockCrawl” will be displayed in the cluster.
Durrr which user manual is this? New 2022 feature? Oh, you mean the Tazer manual.

Well when I was out in the desert I didn't even need to two-foot it, but that was my old approach. Backup hand throttle is a trekking pole pressed against the accelerator. :bandit:

Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Sounds like me trying to get a date.

Durrr which user manual is this? New 2022 feature? Oh, you mean the Tazer manual.

Well when I was out in the desert I didn't even need to two-foot it, but that was my old approach. Backup hand throttle is a trekking pole pressed against the accelerator. :bandit:
Yeah the tazer manual. I’ve been in a few situations going up hill that needed more rpm brake and clutch. If I roll back I fall off and it’s a full reset kind of thing. Allot of times it’s muddy and you really don’t want to loose where you are.
I still haven’t played with the tazer programming yet though. Thought I would have time but I’ve been wheeling it every weekend this summer with no brake.

Go_Galt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
4.88s with the OEM 33s is an absolute tractor in 4low.

Mine is the first time I've ever experienced a 100:1 crawl ratio, and it really is impressive.

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
4.88s with the OEM 33s is an absolute tractor in 4low.

Mine is the first time I've ever experienced a 100:1 crawl ratio, and it really is impressive.
Those of you that have a 22 manual have anyone had any issues with There’s? I looking to order a two door manual rubicion.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
All of my Jeeps have been manual transmissions. 2001 60-Annivesary edition, 2020 Sport and my current 2022 Sahara. I had a 77 Datsun 280z, and a 78 Ford Mustang. Many others I am embarrassed to say that I drove. I will continue to order manual transmission cars, but they are getting harder and harder to find. I am glad I bought my Sahara in 2022, as the Sahara isn't available in 2023 with a manual. Long live the CLUTCH...
Sponsored