The clutch gang!

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2020 JLUR on order
I'm sure the recall will get addressed and those in need will get repairs/replacements (eventually).

In light of this and some of the other clutch/gearing complaints, does anyone actually regret going with the manual over the auto? I know many auto buyers are very happy, but I'm curious if anyway wishes they would have gotten the auto if they had it to do over again.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I just noticed mine is on the list as well. 13,000 miles. Pretty bummed because on April 3rd I'm leaving on an 8 month 15,000 mile expedition and I'll be towing a camper trailer. Guess I'll have to get it fixed somewhere along my route once parts are available.
Wow!!!!!!!

Have fun!!!!!! Post pictures!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I stopped into the dealer today and they were unaware of any recalls...lol... so they punched in my VIN and the recall came up.... but with no fix.
Your dealer is clueless.

FCA is a company that seemingly doesnā€™t care about customers and it allows dealers who are even worse to continue to sell the brand. The CEO of FCA should be personally embarrassed but, likely isnā€™t.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I'm sure the recall will get addressed and those in need will get repairs/replacements (eventually).

In light of this and some of the other clutch/gearing complaints, does anyone actually regret going with the manual over the auto? I know many auto buyers are very happy, but I'm curious if anyway wishes they would have gotten the auto if they had it to do over again.
I own and auto because I wanted an auto.

Virtually all manual owners purchased a manual because it is the way they wished to drive it. As you know, itā€™s a TOTALLY different experience. While I understand that this recall is VERY disappointing, I would think that most manual owners would not want to change their driving experience.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

No.. not at all

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

No. Zero regrets, and this recall is not a big deal at all (the handful of unlucky guys who lost their Jeeps notwithstanding).

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I would have no problem if they left me for last. I get to wear and tear this clutch as much as possible and then get a fresh one?

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

Not at all. 40k+ Miles grinning ear to ear and the clutch and gearbox have been great. Now I might be getting a fresh clutch for free, so even better!

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Same here, zero regrets. As someone before said, Iā€™m going to drive it like I stole it, then get a new clutch, installed on FCAā€™s dime.
Recalls happen, every manufacturer has them. We should be happy that things are being watched and repaired. ā€˜Back in the day,ā€™ before ā€œUnsafe At Any Speed,ā€ the manufacturers would just shrug their shoulders and say ā€œtough shit.ā€

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Affected also and yes all manuals! It did state certain 2018-2020! Not sure what that means?
it means certain 2018 wranglers for example the ones that are JLs, but not the 2018 JKs that were sold.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
9k on my Jeep Iā€™ve smelt the burnt clutch once but that was a couple k miles ago. Iā€™ll call the dealer and get in line as I have a first run Jeep vin. Itā€™s my understanding once the recall happens they have to change the part and if they donā€™t they assume all cost of damages if it does Catastrophically fails. Either way I donā€™t leave recalls hanging it hurts the resell valve a little
I remember smelling something burning once.
I am just afraid of flames shooting up through the bottom of the floor. If i saw flames from the hood i'd have time to get out but worried that if it comes in the cab, i'm screwed.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I remember smelling something burning once.
I am just afraid of flames shooting up through the bottom of the floor. If i saw flames from the hood i'd have time to get out but worried that if it comes in the cab, i'm screwed.
Iā€™m just some random guy on the internet, but I think thatā€™s HIGHLY unlikely. If your trans shits the bed itā€™s going to be very obvious, and knowing that thereā€™s a potential for fire youā€™ll get out immediately. As has been mentioned a few times in these threads, youā€™re far more likely to get in an accident than have your trans blow up. No one is avoiding getting behind the wheel with that very real possibility.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing to ease your mind if youā€™re nervous: The recall said they are recalling 33,000 Jeeps. As far as Iā€™ve been reading thereā€™s only been a couple of fires so letā€™s say 10 clutches have come apart, even a hundred. The odds are ridiculous that you will have a problem. So now your not going to drive your Jeep and get in some smaller vehicle that your spouse drives. With the accident statistics now youā€™ve just increased your chance of injury.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Iā€™m just some random guy on the internet, but I think thatā€™s HIGHLY unlikely. If your trans shits the bed itā€™s going to be very obvious, and knowing that thereā€™s a potential for fire youā€™ll get out immediately. As has been mentioned a few times in these threads, youā€™re far more likely to get in an accident than have your trans blow up. No one is avoiding getting behind the wheel with that very real possibility.
Another thing to ease your mind if youā€™re nervous: The recall said they are recalling 33,000 Jeeps. As far as Iā€™ve been reading thereā€™s only been a couple of fires so letā€™s say 10 clutches have come apart, even a hundred. The odds are ridiculous that you will have a problem. So now your not going to drive your Jeep and get in some smaller vehicle that your spouse drives. With the accident statistics now youā€™ve just increased your chance of injury.
Very true. I wonder what is the actual number of fires reported?
I know I"m totally overthinking it. I tend to worry about everything lately. Must be an old age thing lol

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Very true. I wonder what is the actual number of fires reported?
I know I"m totally overthinking it. I tend to worry about everything lately. Must be an old age thing lol
Itā€™s all good Lisa, I just really donā€™t think your clutch is going to be your demise.
Sponsored