Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2 door 1972 Challenger 440
Vehicle Showcase
I only have manual transmissions.

Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 2

my truck (71 K20)

Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 1

And best of all is the vertical gate shifter on the gforce transmission in the 72 challenger

Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 3
Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
my truck (71 K20)

Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 3
I wish they still made trucks like this, simple, bed, radio, bench seat, standard transmission and 4wd.

I wish I still had my 1995 S-10 4.3 5-Speed. Stupid me totaled it in 2002 and got practical by buying a Civic to replace it. At least the Civic is a 5-speed MT and I still have it with north of 270K on it.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wish they still made trucks like this, simple, bed, radio, bench seat, standard transmission and 4wd.

I wish I still had my 1995 S-10 4.3 5-Speed. Stupid me totaled it in 2002 and got practical by buying a Civic to replace it. At least the Civic is a 5-speed MT and I still have it with north of 270K on it.
F150 is available exactly like that except the manual transmission. Even has manual windows. Once the kids are grown, I wouldn’t mind getting one, lift, retro kit, and pretend I’m Fall Guy.

Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 1675473469473

(This is an F250 but same idea)
Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 1675473511105

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Don't have a Wrangler anymore but traded it for a new 2023 M/T Gladiator Mohave.
Added a Pedal Commander. Drives like a sports car with that throttle enhancer at City +3 setting.
The only minor problem I have is the low initial torque that sometimes make me stall it when starting from complete stop. At 1700 hundred miles on the odometer, still have not mastered that. Though the Pedal Commander did improve the take off as slight feathering does give it enough gas but sometimes at the risk of revving up to 2k when the clutch engages.
Maybe after 10k miles, I might upgrade it to Centerforce Dual Friction clutch.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Don't have a Wrangler anymore but traded it for a new 2023 M/T Gladiator Mohave.
Added a Pedal Commander. Drives like a sports car with that throttle enhancer at City +3 setting.
The only minor problem I have is the low initial torque that sometimes make me stall it when starting from complete stop. At 1700 hundred miles on the odometer, still have not mastered that. Though the Pedal Commander did improve the take off as slight feathering does give it enough gas but sometimes at the risk of revving up to 2k when the clutch engages.
Your accelerator pedal sensor needs calibrated?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-order-tracking.12503/page-972#post-1571798

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I gave up on the pedal commander because it made it even more erratic to try and smoothly launch with the stock setup.
The CF clutch makes everything more meaningful and I've been debating buying a pedal commander again. There is a definite half second delay between hitting the gas and the motor getting that heavier flywheel to start spinning

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I gave up on the pedal commander because it made it even more erratic to try and smoothly launch with the stock setup.
The CF clutch makes everything more meaningful and I've been debating buying a pedal commander again. There is a definite half second delay between hitting the gas and the motor getting that heavier flywheel to start spinning
Yes, I think Centerforce and Pedal Commander will be a great combination too.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not to beat a dead automatic with a manual stick, but when I hear "erratic start" it makes me question clutch engagement or throttle input, not the throttle control computer. The CF could definitely use some extra initial energy, but the low torque curve in the stock is not much of a problem because of the first gear ratio.

Let me ask for a different metric: In neutral, what's the lowest rpm above idle you can maintain (at some fixed pedal position, ie feathered)?

"Wow it pops from 750 to 2k and then just keeps climbing!" :bandit:

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
"Wow it pops from 750 to 2k and then just keeps climbing!" :bandit:
That is my observation too. Hard to feather it to a steady rpm. I can never maintain rpm between 1-1.5k rpm in neutral.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I only have manual transmissions.

my truck (71 K20)

And best of all is the vertical gate shifter on the gforce transmission in the 72 challenger

Even that wheel gun has a manual transmission of sorts.
Sponsored