Last edited:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Slight amusement reading posts about the font used by the gear indicator, specifically stories of people that can't find first gear. I came from a YJ with the 2x3 arrangement, reverse at lower right, and really don't recall ever dropping the JL into 6th to try to back up. The lift detent took a week to operate smoothly, but I don't think I've ever hit an unchosen gear.

Grinding 3rd, that I've done. :giggle:

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
36k still going strong. I do need to talk with my right 2 repair :) mechanic and see if they have access to centerforce or southbend. Id rather buy from them instead of trying to play the here i have parts for you to install game and something not be correct.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I received a complement on my stick Jeep today, from a fellow outside HF in a big, beautiful new F250. First he said he loved the Jeep, then even more when he realized it was a stick. We both agreed an automatic Jeep was just not something to be considered. Made my day.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If all you could get in a Wrangler was an automatic there's no way they would have my money. I put in a retro shifter ball to remind me of my vintage machines.
Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! temp 04

Is that a sickspeed? I’m wanting to replace my stock knob as the “chrome” part is peeling. Wish I could find a skull 😂 or something more exciting.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Slight amusement reading posts about the font used by the gear indicator, specifically stories of people that can't find first gear. I came from a YJ with the 2x3 arrangement, reverse at lower right, and really don't recall ever dropping the JL into 6th to try to back up. The lift detent took a week to operate smoothly, but I don't think I've ever hit an unchosen gear.

Grinding 3rd, that I've done. :giggle:
I'll admit, I jump back and forth from my nv3500 swapped Ram to my JL. Reverse is on opposite corners, clutch is super light with long engagement on my Ram but stiff and short on my JL, takes me a few miles to get smooth again in my JL after driving my Ram all week. Most embarrassing however is probably that I'm always going for the pedal parking brake and lower left release, hitting air before remembering it's a handbrake 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

If all you could get in a Wrangler was an automatic there's no way they would have my money. I put in a retro shifter ball to remind me of my vintage machines.

Like the color!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Most embarrassing however is probably that I'm always going for the pedal parking brake and lower left release, hitting air before remembering it's a handbrake 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Haha oh yeah I definitely did that for the first month.

Sponsored

EuroSVT

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2023 Wrangler Sport
I'll join your gang, currently have 2 JL 6-speeds. If it doesn't have 3 pedals then I'm not interested, always had a manual save for a 2004 Lightning which was fun to drive in a different way. To me having a manual has that same connection that cycling does when you switch to clipless pedals. The synergy between man ,& machine is an incredible feeling.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
Funny story about my manual. Two years ago when my wife and I were at the Bantam festival, it was her turn to pick a trail to ride, so she went for a medium (blue) difficulty that had a spotter for a steep downhill section. When she pulled up to the spotter, he started giving her advice base on an automatic... she politely interrupted him and said "but I have a manual". He looked inside and chuckled with a bewildered / embarrased look on his face, then said to ride down in first and that will give you enough engine braking for the decent. She's good with the manual (her daily is a 6 speed Eclipse) and rode that hill like a pro. It was just funny that he assumed we had an auto, and then to see his face when he looked inside... lol

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR in Hydro Blue, 2004 Lexus GX470
I picked up my mt 22 JLUR in September. I've been driving manuals for more than 20 years and really do enjoy them. Ironically, the only automatic I've ever been able to tolerate is in my current dd, a Lexus GX470. Everything about that vehicle was designed to feel buttery smooth including the drivetrain.
Sponsored