The clutch gang!

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I'll have to check this clutchless start thing in 4L next time I am on the trail. Thanks.
Starting without the clutch in 4L works, but it's not ideal.

First, it only works after a stall (accidental or on purpose). It doesn't work on a cold start.

Second, you only have about 20-30 seconds to restart without the clutch. The instrument panel display will show when it's possible. After that time you have to do a regular start.
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The factory cross members are complete garbage anyway. 1 less thing to remove when I installed my Artec skids. For the record I've had the same issues with the button after stalling on an obstacle. It's not ideal.
My ASFIR skid bolts to the factory cross member. A kind forum member gifted one to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL The clutch gang! 1593763142218

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was thinking the same thing about the cross member. My Artecs arrive tomorrow. I had a little issue with the push to start if I panic. Just push the clutch in, foot on the brake, and push the button and I've had no other problem.
It's more than that. I've had it cough and sputter and not want to start as well as do nothing at all.

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Manual transmission is life. I think all vehicles should go back to being manuals. Makes you pay attention to what your doing

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Most Millennials dunno how to drive stick shift, I just don't wanna be that one. Besides, the stick shift saves you $2,750 if you want V6.
I'd pay extra for the stick shift if I had to. :like:

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nah, not yet at least.

Jeep is going back in for service on a Rear Main Seal Leak. Dealership agreed to install new clutch for free so picked up the Centerforce. Couldn't pass up a free clutch install, lol.
How do you like the Centerforce clutch? How's it compare to stock? I've been thinking about upgrading.....

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How do you like the Centerforce clutch? How's it compare to stock? I've been thinking about upgrading.....
It's awesome, clutch has a very clear engagement point, my shifts are a lot smoother now, at least for me rev hang has not been an issue so far, and off roading with 37s is now a pleasure in 4l. I have yet to stall offroading and I haven't re geared yet.