Sponsored

The clutch gang!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I remember smelling something burning once.
I am just afraid of flames shooting up through the bottom of the floor. If i saw flames from the hood i'd have time to get out but worried that if it comes in the cab, i'm screwed.
Very true. I wonder what is the actual number of fires reported?
I know I"m totally overthinking it. I tend to worry about everything lately. Must be an old age thing lol

Hi LLRubylady,
If you believe there are concerns with your Gladiator we would suggest visiting a dealer for further assistance. We would be more than happy to facilitate in this process. Just send our team a private message with more details.

Julie
JeepCares
Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Have you guys checked this out? Looks like a good upgrade.

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Have you guys checked this out? Looks like a good upgrade.
I've looked into this option, but so far I have only found negative feedback from the JK crowd. Just try a Google search for "Centerforce Clutch Problems Jeep".

That doesn't mean to say their product for the JL isn't the bees knees, but I haven't seen ANY feedback from JL owners, let alone any long-term reports.

I'm holding off until I see either 1) a preponderance of spectacular reviews to offset the JK experiences, or 2) Spec comes out with a Stage 2+ or 3 for the JL.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I've looked into this option, but so far I have only found negative feedback from the JK crowd. Just try a Google search for "Centerforce Clutch Problems Jeep".

That doesn't mean to say their product for the JL isn't the bees knees, but I haven't seen ANY feedback from JL owners, let alone any long-term reports.

I'm holding off until I see either 1) a preponderance of spectacular reviews to offset the JK experiences, or 2) Spec comes out with a Stage 2+ or 3 for the JL.
Good to know. I'll check that out. I'm following this thread right now, they recently installed it...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/centerforce-clutch-installed-on-jl-rubicon.49050/

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
#1 uses non-stick tire size, blames flywheel. Change your gears to the appropriate size...

#2 has difficult time pushing button. Something must suck.

#3 missing cross member. Potentially valid, but if you're wheeling like that you should probably have skids anyway.

ā€ā™‚

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
#1 uses non-stick tire size, blames flywheel. Change your gears to the appropriate size...

#2 has difficult time pushing button. Something must suck.

#3 missing cross member. Potentially valid, but if you're wheeling like that you should probably have skids anyway.

ā€ā™‚
The factory cross members are complete garbage anyway. 1 less thing to remove when I installed my Artec skids. For the record I've had the same issues with the button after stalling on an obstacle. It's not ideal.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
The factory cross members are complete garbage anyway. 1 less thing to remove when I installed my Artec skids. For the record I've had the same issues with the button after stalling on an obstacle. It's not ideal.
I was thinking the same thing about the cross member. My Artecs arrive tomorrow. I had a little issue with the push to start if I panic. Just push the clutch in, foot on the brake, and push the button and I've had no other problem.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at the Artec Skids. Did you get the Steel or Aluminum? How do you like it?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was looking at the Artec Skids. Did you get the Steel or Aluminum? How do you like it?
I have the aluminum setup. They are amazing. I've bashed them pretty damn hard and you cant find a dent in them. I've already pulled them off and put them back on (except for the gas tank skid) for the clutch recall and I have 0 deformation anywhere.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Great video, nice to see someone else talking about the shitty clutch in our 6 speed JLRs!

I'm not sure if I have the same start issue as you when I stall on a climb. What happens for me is I push the start button and the engine will take some time to turn over, you can hear the engine trying to turn over it just can take 15-20 seconds sometimes ... almost like its slightly flooded.

Also, I'm not sure if this is normal or not but again when I stall on an incline rock crawling I'll go to push the clutch in and get a ton of drive train noise. Almost like I'm releasing pressure caused by binding. This is my first 6 speed wrangler so this may be normal?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Great video, nice to see someone else talking about the shitty clutch in our 6 speed JLRs!

I'm not sure if I have the same start issue as you when I stall on a climb. What happens for me is I push the start button and the engine will take some time to turn over, you can hear the engine trying to turn over it just can take 15-20 seconds sometimes ... almost like its slightly flooded.

Also, I'm not sure if this is normal or not but again when I stall on an incline rock crawling I'll go to push the clutch in and get a ton of drive train noise. Almost like I'm releasing pressure caused by binding. This is my first 6 speed wrangler so this may be normal?
I havenā€™t ever stalled mine in 4H or 4L, but while teaching my sons to drive stick on the road they stalled it a lot. It always started right back up with no delay or multiple button presses.

So, maybe youā€™re on to something regarding being on an incline, or maybe it behaves differently when transfer case is engaged (user guide mentions that you can do a clutchless start in 4L, so maybe the whiz bang computer senses youā€™re in 4wheel drive and does something different when you hit the button).

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

It could have something to do when starting it on the rocks and it is sitting in an odd position or when it is in 4L. I don't recall ever stalling it on the road, it is always on the rocks and it doesn't want to start back up. Sometimes I need to rev the engine right as it starts or it dies within a second then doesn't want to start again for 15-20 secs like you mentioned.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I havenā€™t ever stalled mine in 4H or 4L, but while teaching my sons to drive stick on the road they stalled it a lot. It always started right back up with no delay or multiple button presses.

So, maybe youā€™re on to something regarding being on an incline, or maybe it behaves differently when transfer case is engaged (user guide mentions that you can do a clutchless start in 4L, so maybe the whiz bang computer senses youā€™re in 4wheel drive and does something different when you hit the button).
I'll have to check this clutchless start thing in 4L next time I am on the trail. Thanks.
Sponsored