Reaction score
Website
www.gustavocadar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Hey all,
I’m a proud MT Jeeper too! All my (5) previous cars were manuals too, that’s how I learn to drive. I’ve driven manuals several times in rentals, test drove 3 JLs Autos and could not feel comfortable with that lack of full control of when the gears are changing... I felt like the torque was always too loose. Anyway, I got a 2018 JL Sahara a few weeks ago and am in love! I was looking for a Sport but was lucky to find a Sahara manual very well priced and didn’t mind the extra fanciness at all. I guess Sahara manuals must be more difficult to resell (at least here in Ontario) so they end up getting good discounts, as I’ve seen other deals listed online. My transmission and steering are perfect, I couldn’t be happier.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I remember smelling something burning once.
I am just afraid of flames shooting up through the bottom of the floor. If i saw flames from the hood i'd have time to get out but worried that if it comes in the cab, i'm screwed.
Ya at the point of failure your going to hear it the moment it happens. You’ll have time to get to a shoulder and get out of the vehicle and away.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I’m still driving mine and I’m not too worried. The odds are probably very low that something will happen.

We have a pretty good idea of the signs of possible trouble. If you smell the clutch burning, smell smoke or experience a slipping clutch, take it in for service asap. if you hear an explosive bang under your Jeep, know to pull over right away and get out.

Still hoping for a new clutch, but that looks less and less likely.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still driving mine and I’m not too worried. The odds are probably very low that something will happen.

We have a pretty good idea of the signs of possible trouble. If you smell the clutch burning, smell smoke or experience a slipping clutch, take it in for service asap. if you hear an explosive bang under your Jeep, know to pull over right away and get out.

Still hoping for a new clutch, but that looks less and less likely.
Jim, why does it look less likely? If the Pressure Plates are sometimes fragmenting I cant see any other solution than to change them.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Jim, why does it look less likely? If the Pressure Plates are sometimes fragmenting I cant see any other solution than to change them.
Just speculating based on some posts here. I think some have said dealers would re-route a wiring harness and then "inspect" it. I think a dealer here said all the manuals on his lot had already been inspected and cleared.

I don't know how accurate any of that is, but the recall notice said the "estimated percentage with defect" is 1%.

I'm still hoping for a new clutch but we'll see.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I called the local Toronto FCA dealer today inquiring about the clutch recall and they right away said they 've never heard anything about it. I didn't say much I just thought how strange it is. When I got home I emailed the recall announcement to them and then about half an hour later they called me home to tell me that yes, there is one but we do not have the spare parts and so they will be mailing letters when business will get back to normal. And that's all . Unfortunately even Bernie doesn't know when the "normal" will come back.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Maybe get one of the vins from his lot and look it up to see if the recall has been completed?

Just speculating based on some posts here. I think some have said dealers would re-route a wiring harness and then "inspect" it. I think a dealer here said all the manuals on his lot had already been inspected and cleared.

I don't know how accurate any of that is, but the recall notice said the "estimated percentage with defect" is 1%.

I'm still hoping for a new clutch but we'll see.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Maybe get one of the vins from his lot and look it up to see if the recall has been completed?
I call BS on that dealership! How were recall repairs completed when FCA has not come up with a recall procedure or repair solution?

Pchmotoho

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, misc old cars
I drive a stick just because it’s fun. I will never buy an automatic if a stick is available.

it kills me that all Ferrari’s are autos now. How sad. I don’t care if sticks are slower. For me it’s pure driving enjoyment.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I drive a stick just because it’s fun. I will never buy an automatic if a stick is available.

it kills me that all Ferrari’s are autos now. How sad. I don’t care if sticks are slower. For me it’s pure driving enjoyment.
Same here John, from when I was a 14 year old kid and I’d drive my dads trucks around job sites or scrap iron yards. I’ve always been fascinated with them. My older brother (a mechanic) would open them up occasionally and I loved how it was just steel gears, brass synchronizers and the forks that shift the gears. I didn’t even know how to put an automatic car in drive in those days. Same as you all of my vehicles have been stick except for a Sprinter Van I owned once, and I tried for stick on that too! (They have them in Europe).

Sponsored

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Just received my window sticker last night. And this morning, Jeep Chat says my JLUR with manual transmission should be delivered next week. Let's hope they found a fix. :fingerscrossed:
Anybody heard anything new regarding the manual recall?

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Just received my window sticker last night. And this morning, Jeep Chat says my JLUR with manual transmission should be delivered next week. Let's hope they found a fix. :fingerscrossed:
Anybody heard anything new regarding the manual recall?
Haven't heard anything new. It will be interesting to see what the dealers says when it comes time for delivery.

Does your sticker have the VIN? Plug it into the recall website and see if the recall shows up?

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Plug it into the recall website and see if the recall shows up?
Great advice. NHTSA says "0 Unrpaired Recalls". Mopar says "There are no outstanding safety recalls for the above listed VIN." :rock:

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
have only had one car ever automatic. that was parents station wagon hand me down. Have since then, from age 19 to 50+ i have always driven stick. and as an evil dad, now teaching daughter to use my old stick shift truck. should make it harder to use the phone when driving.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
have only had one car ever automatic. that was parents station wagon hand me down. Have since then, from age 19 to 50+ i have always driven stick. and as an evil dad, now teaching daughter to use my old stick shift truck. should make it harder to use the phone when driving.
You sound like a parallel universe version of myself, except I drove automatics until my Audi's

I hope to be like you (could also be the alcohol talking)
Sponsored