Sponsored

The Cause of Door Connector Bent Pins and How to Fix Yourself

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler
Question
How do you remove the connector attached to the car to view the pins?
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Keeping this alive since I just had the problem.
jeep warranty painted, on pickup I have the auto S/S light. Finally figured out the drivers door switch wasn’t working. Pull connector and sure enough 2 bent pins.
white slider won’t stay working. So I just got everything lined up and working and gave up on the slider part.
At least until next time. Ugh

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Thanks for this post! Started up jeep this morning and immediately got a "service hybrid electric system" (4xe) and "auto park disabled", but then it also forced it into park every time I came to a stop at a light/intersection/etc and I had to put it back into drive again! I just had the dealer do an oil change on it yesterday and strangely today these issues started? I also haven't taken the doors off this jeep yet!

The dealer read the error code (didn't get the number) but said the error was "permanent failure - left front passenger door ajar" or something like that. So the auto park issue was the jeep thinking the door was attached but open while I was driving? I pulled out of the dealer and immediately I disconnected and reconnected this door connector and everything went away - no more red lobster, no more auto park disabled errors, no more service hybrid errors! My guess in the service hybrid error was from the jeep thinking the door was open all night while charging, and maybe triggered an error or drained the 12V battery a bit too much, and then driving for a while it was able to recharge the 12V back to normal.

Thanks all!
Sponsored