The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hello Everyone,
Baja Designs was the first company to offer a forward projecting off-road LED light bar, and our Scientists of Lighting continue to create innovative performance lighting for racing, personal and industrial applications. For decades, Jeep has been synonymous with off-road excellence. Unfortunately, their OEM lighting systems aren’t. But that doesn’t mean your Jeep JL Wrangler’s lights can’t be improved. Baja Designs Jeep-specific LED light systems provide the visual horsepower you need to take your Jeep off-road in any weather at any time of day (or night). It’s the easiest way to make your Jeep safer, more versatile, and more capable without a major mechanical overhaul.

In addition to Jeep-specific mounting systems and hardware, Baja Designs carries a wide variety of LED auxiliary light bars and pods for Jeep Wranglers.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657660998106
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657661276000
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657660896233

For Jeep JL Related Products Check Out The Links Below!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657661308464
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657661224437
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657661340441

Jeep JL Linkable Kit Link | Jeep JL LP6 Kit Link | Jeep JL Fog Pocket Kit Link

What makes Baja Designs Special? Their are a number of unique features that make Baja Designs Special but a few to highlight are the Serviceability and Limited Life Time Warranty.

For the at home mechanic serviceability is very important. Most off roaders are mechanically inclined or have some understanding of up keep.
One of the key features integrated into all Baja Designs’ forward projecting Lights is our user replaceable lens and optic technology. uService is a term coined for our user serviceable lenses that allow for you to interchange patterns on the fly. The technology is based around the compression of O-ring seals to give you a completely waterproof, and dustproof light (IP69K – Waterproof up to 9ft & Pressure Washable).
For those interested in serviceability check out our newest YouTube video below.

Link: Uservice Video Link
1657642690992-png.png
1657642705968-png.png

Warranty:
Commercial Use:
Light Bars and Auxiliary Lights Used for Commercial Use: This covers the following industries: Agriculture, Industrial, Mining, and Public Safety.

Warranty Period: 5 years or 49,930 hours of operation, whichever comes first. You must be the original owner with proof of purchase upon claim or proof of product registration.

Recreational Use:
Light Bars and Auxiliary Lights Used for Recreational Automotive/Off Road: This covers lights bars and auxiliary lights.

Warranty Period: Limited lifetime warranty or 49,930 hours of operation, whichever comes first. You must be the original owner with proof of purchase upon claim or proof of product registration.

Contact Us:
Phone: (760) 560-2252
Email: [email protected]
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@BajaDesigns I have a lighting question(s), something I thought I understood, but based on what's out on the market, I must not know as much as I think I do.

Why are reflectors round and housings square/rectangle?

It is my understanding that round reflectors are more efficient/effective. Back in the day there were square/rectangle reflectors for fog/aux lights and there were round. It was my understanding the round were "better". Now there are so many "pod" LED lights on the market with square/rectangular housings, but the reflectors are still round. So why make the housings square and not round. If the housings are square, why not make the reflectors square. Is this just a "looks" thing, that square housings look more aggressive or something?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,
Baja Designs was the first company to offer a forward projecting off-road LED light bar, and our Scientists of Lighting continue to create innovative performance lighting for racing, personal and industrial applications. For decades, Jeep has been synonymous with off-road excellence. Unfortunately, their OEM lighting systems aren’t. But that doesn’t mean your Jeep JL Wrangler’s lights can’t be improved. Baja Designs Jeep-specific LED light systems provide the visual horsepower you need to take your Jeep off-road in any weather at any time of day (or night). It’s the easiest way to make your Jeep safer, more versatile, and more capable without a major mechanical overhaul.

In addition to Jeep-specific mounting systems and hardware, Baja Designs carries a wide variety of LED auxiliary light bars and pods for Jeep Wranglers.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657642705968-
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 1657642705968-

For Jeep JL Related Products Check Out The Links Below!

Jeep JL Linkable Kit Link | Jeep JL LP6 Kit Link | Jeep JL Fog Pocket Kit Link

What makes Baja Designs Special? Their are a number of unique features that make Baja Designs Special but a few to highlight are the Serviceability and Limited Life Time Warranty.

For the at home mechanic serviceability is very important. Most off roaders are mechanically inclined or have some understanding of up keep.
One of the key features integrated into all Baja Designs’ forward projecting Lights is our user replaceable lens and optic technology. uService is a term coined for our user serviceable lenses that allow for you to interchange patterns on the fly. The technology is based around the compression of O-ring seals to give you a completely waterproof, and dustproof light (IP69K – Waterproof up to 9ft & Pressure Washable).
For those interested in serviceability check out our newest YouTube video below.

Link: Uservice Video Link

Warranty:
Commercial Use:
Light Bars and Auxiliary Lights Used for Commercial Use: This covers the following industries: Agriculture, Industrial, Mining, and Public Safety.

Warranty Period: 5 years or 49,930 hours of operation, whichever comes first. You must be the original owner with proof of purchase upon claim or proof of product registration.

Recreational Use:
Light Bars and Auxiliary Lights Used for Recreational Automotive/Off Road: This covers lights bars and auxiliary lights.

Warranty Period: Limited lifetime warranty or 49,930 hours of operation, whichever comes first. You must be the original owner with proof of purchase upon claim or proof of product registration.

Contact Us:
Phone: (760) 560-2252
Email: [email protected]
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
Do you have plans for making both spot and wide cornering specific amber replacement lenses for the LP4's? I currently have 2 pairs with the spot/wide cornering combo lenses on my front bumper, each on its own switch, and would like one pair as a dedicated spot and wide cornering on the other.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 20210127_200435
Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 20220213_201148

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Do you have plans for making both spot and wide cornering specific amber replacement lenses for the LP4's? I currently have 2 pairs with the spot/wide cornering combo lenses on my front bumper, each on its own switch, and would like one pair as a dedicated spot and wide cornering on the other.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Brightest Light in The Smallest Package Baja Designs 20220213_201148
Hey Headbarcode,
We do have some new LP models in the works, at the moment we are not planning on releasing those specific lenses. But if we get enough traction on them I can let our Engineering department know.
best,
Brock

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
@BajaDesigns I have a lighting question(s), something I thought I understood, but based on what's out on the market, I must not know as much as I think I do.

Why are reflectors round and housings square/rectangle?

It is my understanding that round reflectors are more efficient/effective. Back in the day there were square/rectangle reflectors for fog/aux lights and there were round. It was my understanding the round were "better". Now there are so many "pod" LED lights on the market with square/rectangular housings, but the reflectors are still round. So why make the housings square and not round. If the housings are square, why not make the reflectors square. Is this just a "looks" thing, that square housings look more aggressive or something?
Hey AcesandEights,
You are correct it is partially aesthetics, but also the circuit boards are designs that way. But honestly it is more about fitment and looks.

I am unsure about the efficiency/effectiveness gains or losses from round vs square I have never seen the number in that regards. So I can not speak on that behalf.

To keep the round look around we designed our Lps series more round shaped to pay homage to the old school look. But the square and oval look is more of a revamp of all our past circle lights.
That is partially the reason behind our round bezel options as seen on the squadrons and LPs.

But to answer your question I would have to talk more to our engineering department to give you an answer about efficiency/effectiveness.
Best,
Brock

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
That makes perfect sense, especially circuit board design. They don't design them in a shape like that, so it makes sense to shape the light/housing to match. Huh, I wouldn't have thought about that.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Do you guys have any scratch and dent deals on the linkable kits. I'd like the one for F-250's. But I have so many other vehicle expenses I don't want new prices.

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Do you guys have any scratch and dent deals on the linkable kits. I'd like the one for F-250's. But I have so many other vehicle expenses I don't want new prices.
We do not do scratches and dents but if you would like I can get a quote in for you so you have a better idea of pricing. Or there is always the 3rd party resells option.
Best,
Brandon
Sponsored