The Blacksmith Crew - Project _DNA Diesel JLUR

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Whelp, I've finally made it to JB so thought I'd start a build thread and a bit of history. I started The Blacksmith Crew with my Anvil '14 JKU and it was dedicated to my mom which was a survivor of breast cancer (anvil and pink go really well together!). Just to support and bring awareness as much as possible. Have a few videos out on youtube and will continue to make them, ultimately cause I enjoy editing and learning new things.

What I came from:
"The Blacksmith" - miss this one dearly
2014 Anvil JKU Sport with a bunch of stuff done to it.
40" trail readys
UD60 rear, XD60 front
RK 3.5" RK x factor lift

Was offered stupid money for my 2018 GMC 3500 Denali and decided to get into another jeep!

and born on 8/13 (my bday!) ........The Blacksmith Crew's newest addition - DNA. Couldn't find something a blacksmith used that was blue haha except blood...blue blood...which contains DNA! :)

Ordered my Hydro Blue JLURD (NA) on 6/8. Was in D status for 60+ days. Finally went into D1 status and was finalized on 8/13.
What I ordered:
2021 JLUR Diesel
Leather seats
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow and HD electric Group
Dual Doors
Safety Group
Gorilla Glass
Body Colored top
Aux Switches
Block heater
Body colored fenders
Remote start
off-road camera

Whats planned..
Custom Dynatrac Elite Package - 74.5" XD 60/80 package with 40 spline inner and outer shafts front and rear
2.5" 12" front/14" Rear King Coilovers - black shock body, finned resi's, adjusters etc.
AGM sliders
Front/rear King bump stops
Rebel offroad front and rear coilover brackets
RK no limits adventure series long arm kit
Yeti F/R adjustable track bars
Trailready beadlocks 5" or 5.5" backspacing
42" Nitto Trail Grapplers

Picture is what I have of the Jeep today :)

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR stockpic
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
First mods coming in.

AGM sliders for the kings and front and rear yeti track bars.

Also just ordered rock slider engineering sliders today. Hope I don’t regret this decision.

367909F3-2B26-471E-A304-8E2CAEE1C402.jpeg

37FF1364-549A-4B11-A2FC-DC6BC8B43C25.jpeg

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
You will have an amazing rig when you are done. Just don’t let the anticipation of the build drive you nuts or discourage you. It is a lengthy process. Trust me. I’m waiting on tires to show up so I can build mine.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
You will have an amazing rig when you are done. Just don’t let the anticipation of the build drive you nuts or discourage you. It is a lengthy process. Trust me. I’m waiting on tires to show up so I can build mine.

Haha! Yeah it’ll kill me! It’ll make sense though. With kings not here until may of next year, I’ll probably build it late august after taking it pretty much stock to Colorado. Gives some time! Most of the big stuff is purchased minus tires whichll come later when I’m about 8-10 weeks out to build. Will be a monster!

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! Yeah it’ll kill me! It’ll make sense though. With kings not here until may of next year, I’ll probably build it late august after taking it pretty much stock to Colorado. Gives some time! Most of the big stuff is purchased minus tires whichll come later when I’m about 8-10 weeks out to build. Will be a monster!
Tires will be fun. I’ve been waiting on the Nitto 42/13.5/r20 since last year and they still haven’t showed up. That is all I’m missing to do mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Tires will be fun. I’ve been waiting on the Nitto 42/13.5/r20 since last year and they still haven’t showed up. That is all I’m missing to do mine.
Dang! That’s crazy. I’m worried about ordering too early but sounds like it may be better to order earlier than later.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Ordered the banks pedal monster and Derringer today. I had it on my '18 duramax and it really made a difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Finally!! She’s here! Damn near got sick from being up on the dashboard due to the half doors crunching me forward. Dang this thing is amazing.

Now just waiting on parts. Will wait for the 1000 mile mark before putting the derringer on.

1AF2E729-0201-42DC-BDDB-B9BB38A0F322.jpeg

02AF3266-BA75-4CC5-94A6-0667008D0872.jpeg

3BA81AC6-3B2B-496E-8B49-182F8C3ED9DB.jpeg

DevilDogJeeper

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Looks good! We are almost twins! Mine will have cloth seats and a soft top though, same color, engine, doors, etc. Hopefully she arrives this week. Post up more pics of the half doors.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Next up is the aeroforce gauge pod for the pedal monster and derringer/Idash. The derringer and pedal monster made a huge difference on my tow rig so can’t wait to hit 1k miles to get this hooked up fully.

what I’d recommend is to take the trim piece out and not mess with epoxy

4BD1B527-B7DD-48FA-B135-08F3EB1809A4.jpeg
Sponsored