OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
It gave me a CEL again and it was diagnosed as needing a new turbo actuator which requires body off and a full turbo assembly. Due to being modified, it's gonna cost me about $2k...oh well.

I did pick up a super peachy JKU last weekend for $3k! Blown 3.6 that's coming out and will get a hemi. Going to break this one down by myself and use it to learn. Wanting to do more of a buggy build with this one.

First thing will be a genright cage that I'll be learning how to weld on and 392 swap.

IMG_3445.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Made a little more progress on the JkU. T case out and hoping the get the motor and trans out this weekend.

71876083177__315A6ECD-20F7-494D-8E8E-44B5B9A3E688.jpeg

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It gave me a CEL again and it was diagnosed as needing a new turbo actuator which requires body off and a full turbo assembly. Due to being modified, it's gonna cost me about $2k...oh well.

I did pick up a super peachy JKU last weekend for $3k! Blown 3.6 that's coming out and will get a hemi. Going to break this one down by myself and use it to learn. Wanting to do more of a buggy build with this one.

First thing will be a genright cage that I'll be learning how to weld on and 392 swap.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR 71876083177__315A6ECD-20F7-494D-8E8E-44B5B9A3E688

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR 71876083177__315A6ECD-20F7-494D-8E8E-44B5B9A3E688
Whoa how did you find the JKU?????

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Whoa how did you find the JKU?????

Local posted it in a jeep club. Has a bad 3.6 but got it for super cheap and it's such a peach. Now I'm trying to figure out what's the best "buggy-ish" suspension to do with it. Or I may just throw a hemi in it and do a somewhat normal suspension and run it as a fun weekender.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Motor and trans are out. Put it in the engine stand and rotated with a conserable amount of rust visible on the valves. Looks like head gasket and piston ring went bad.

JLU is still in the shop. They have all the parts by the turbo assembly was missing an EGR gasket...so we wait.

IMG_3518.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Genright cage showed up for the JKU. Will start taking the interior out this weekend. Dealership is still waiting on EGR gasket. I told them I had to have the jeep back by the 18th and they said that shouldn't be a problem - but I've heard that the entire time I've owned the JLU so not holding my breath.

IMG_3778.jpeg

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I also grabbed some of the cool shreddy PrP harnesses to add a pop of color to the interior of the JKU.

IMG_3689.jpeg

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
The JLU went back in for the turbo assembly and fuel pump (was sitting there for 6 weeks or so and picked it up for a week for a show). Took some time to move slowly on the JKu cage. The cage is fully out and got the first piece in.

By the way, aluminum dust is VERY combustible.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR IMG_4149

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Made a pretty big deal with some one that is parting their 2 door so getting PsC, custom Currie 70's, wheels/tires, and drivetrain.

Going for 42's and KMC for now. I most likely will move to a different backspaced wheel down the road. Going all black, white, and gold.

IMG_4865.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Got the JLU back for a day and it started making a ton of noise. Returned it to the dealership and they found a bent hanger on the DPF that was making connection with the skid plates. Ordered a new DPF and will be getting it back this week.

Since now it's more of an onroad jeep, I have thought about selling it to someone that'll actually use it. We'll see how much I end up liking the JKU.

IMG_4585.jpeg

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
After LOTS of waiting (seems to be the norm now a days) the rock monster hood came in and installed. I'm very impressed by the quality and fit.

Rebel STILL has the white jeep. I don't believe they've touched it. 2 week project in its 6th week with no end in sight. Annoys me a lot.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR IMG_5460

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR IMG_5457

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Got most of the Hepta gear in and this stuff is BEEFY!

Getting the blue one prepped for the rubicon in July....unless someone buys it before then.

Got a powertank and some camping gear. Have a custom powertank mount that goes with the cage.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Blacksmith Crew -  Project _DNA  Diesel JLUR IMG_6174
Sponsored