Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
So I bought a JL Tazer back in 2018 so I have been using it for a while. Sure it’s great because you can adjust tire size, gear ratios and like a thousand other things. Yet the best thing is you can clear bullshit codes without having to go to the dealership.

money thing that I have seen in just about every JL that actually is taken off road and wheeled is the service 4wd light and then loosing 4wd, use of lockers etc…

Every dam time it is something interfering with the wheel speed sensors. You can clear the code and continue to wheel without loosing the ability to use 4wd. I see this more often when wheeling in areas that have a lot of iron in the soil.
Does this wheel sensor code pop a traditional CEL? I didn't know it would reset ones like this.
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
So I have to ask as I'm not familiar with these devices (the programmers) other than what I read on here.

- Did these problems happen BEFORE you used the programming device? or did they only appear AFTER the device was first used on the Jeep?

Here's why I'm asking. I've been on here as a reader for long before I bought my first JL in '18 and then as an active participant since I purchased my Jeep back then. I've read countless posts, threads, etc. about tons of sensor issues, electrical issues, and other types of faults. With many of them that I can recall, the author had referenced using a programmer on their Jeep at some point. I may just be one of the fortunate ones, but even with my early '18 build JL that was (at least on the surface) infested with every electrical gremlin possible, I never had any issues. Same on my 4xe currently, which reads like the second coming of the early JL in many ways. Coincidently, I never used a programmer. Many of my friends, co-workers, etc. fell into my highly non-scientific survey as well. No programmer use, little to no issues. Programmer use, even just for simple things, lots of problems in many cases.

With the complexity of the systems, electronics, computers for everything, etc. I always worried about the Law of Unintended Consequences. Changing one minor thing impacting some major thing downstream of that later. So not trying to start anything here by any means, just curious...

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
So I have to ask as I'm not familiar with these devices (the programmers) other than what I read on here.

- Did these problems happen BEFORE you used the programming device? or did they only appear AFTER the device was first used on the Jeep?

Here's why I'm asking. I've been on here as a reader for long before I bought my first JL in '18 and then as an active participant since I purchased my Jeep back then. I've read countless posts, threads, etc. about tons of sensor issues, electrical issues, and other types of faults. With many of them that I can recall, the author had referenced using a programmer on their Jeep at some point. I may just be one of the fortunate ones, but even with my early '18 build JL that was (at least on the surface) infested with every electrical gremlin possible, I never had any issues. Same on my 4xe currently, which reads like the second coming of the early JL in many ways. Coincidently, I never used a programmer. Many of my friends, co-workers, etc. fell into my highly non-scientific survey as well. No programmer use, little to no issues. Programmer use, even just for simple things, lots of problems in many cases.

With the complexity of the systems, electronics, computers for everything, etc. I always worried about the Law of Unintended Consequences. Changing one minor thing impacting some major thing downstream of that later. So not trying to start anything here by any means, just curious...
No programmer on my 2022 yet I have a sensor issue. Looking into the Tazzer Mini or JScan to clear codes.
Sponsored