Sponsored

The best signal for the Alpine sub replacement.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I know that most everyone pulls from the sound bar when connecting to a LOC that will feed an aftermarket sub. Most people though are simply adding a sub to the base system. I am replacing the Alpine sub with a JL audio sub. I have a LC2i Pro, and Kicker 46CXA800.1.
With a little more digging, I am trying to sort out if I should use a pair of the wires from the sub harness. Or should I combine all 4 positives together and the same with the negatives and run them into the LC2i Pro. I think that they are all pushing the same channel to the sub, but I am not sure. I have never in my life dealt with a FVC (Four-Voice-Coil) speaker, Or how best to take that signal and feed it to a SVC sub, LOL. I assume that it would be similar to a DVC in that it is most likely, but not always hooked up as a mono design meant to bring down the impedance. Does anyone have an answer or speculation as to this? If I should only hook up one of the wire sets, which one? I have the four groupings highlighted. My theory is that the signal being sent to the sub from the factory Alpine amp will be more pure for running bass only.

Jeep Wrangler JL The best signal for the Alpine sub replacement. Wire guide.PNG
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Where did you get that adapter ring?
Sponsored