Sponsored

The Beginning of the End for ICE?

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
We take a 10 minute gas/bathroom stop about 2 times usually, which is much different than scheduling something to do for 1-2 hours waiting for a charge. We don't usually eat on our drives though (mainly because I already get sick just from the drive alone).

We take the trip often enough (4+ times a year) that our goal is to get there as fast as we can, we don't like dragging it out.

We have a 1800 mile trip (one way) that we take once a year. We have another ~400 (one way) mile trip we take 2-4 times a year. We just get road tripped out quickly :CWL:
Guess I am getting old. I love long road trips. However, I like to stop occasionally. It is also my excuse to eat at places like Cracker Barrell...
Sponsored

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Guess I am getting old. I love long road trips. However, I like to stop occasionally. It is also my excuse to eat at places like Cracker Barrell...
We would possibly stop longer if we didn't drive in the dead of the night, and we also always have our 2 labs with us and it's not always easy to stop with them...

We like the first road trip of the year! It just gets to be long and drawn out after that.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Again, it all sounds great until we realize there isn't enough electricity and it takes a decade to build and activate a nuclear plant, NONE of which are under construction in the US right now, to my knowledge. That's the only quick answer beyond natural gas, which has an already squeezed supply.

There is no plan whatsoever from our nanny government on how exactly to produce 2.5 times the electricity we produce today.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sounds like a Plan ; force people into immature technology, then control them by... RATIONING ENERGY.
Poor/ no planning ,similar to the Ethanol Mandate, when in fact, the pesticides, herbicides, diesel fuel, water, required to harvest corn ( much less the food/ fuel competing) to make ethanol far outweighs any green component.
Plus, ethanol reduces mileage, more has to be used.
A solid win for the Corn Lobby. A solid loss for true environmental concerns.
But, since it happened, you can expect History repeat itself.
And I like EVs, just don't trust Gubmint to do it well.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Sounds like a Plan ; force people into immature technology, then control them by... RATIONING ENERGY.
Poor/ no planning ,similar to the Ethanol Mandate, when in fact, the pesticides, herbicides, diesel fuel, water, required to harvest corn ( much less the food/ fuel competing) to make ethanol far outweighs any green component.
Plus, ethanol reduces mileage, more has to be used.
A solid win for the Corn Lobby. A solid loss for true environmental concerns.
But, since it happened, you can expect History repeat itself.
And I like EVs, just don't trust Gubmint to do it well.
Dang, you were so close. You almost made an interesting point. Stopped just short at blaming the government for subsidizing corn/ethanol though.

Try blaming the private interests that lobbied and wrote those bills. Being born and raised in Iowa, I’m pretty familiar with how this all works. The only shortcoming of our government (in this instance) is allowing lobbying to pervert our government.

The could government be better? Of course! Should we eliminate lobbying? Please!

But let’s make sure we understand where the blame actually lies. :)
Sponsored