Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect

kantho

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door with premium soft top
Finally decided to pull the trigger on these myself and just got them installed but haven't yet gone off road. This picture is as straight on as I can make it and indeed the end links are angled a bit inwards but it doesn't look like it will be a problem. Oh and make sure the wolf logo faces forward so the blue knob is easiest to turn.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect Apex
Sponsored

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Finally decided to pull the trigger on these myself and just got them installed but haven't yet gone off road. This picture is as straight on as I can make it and indeed the end links are angled a bit inwards but it doesn't look like it will be a problem. Oh and make sure the wolf logo faces forward so the blue knob is easiest to turn.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect Apex
Thanks, I put the logo forward on the drivers side but backwards on the passenger because I wanted the knob to rotate towards the tire not inside towards the fender liner.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I got a chance to exercise the Autolynx a bit today. First, my Jeep is not a rock crawler so absolute max articulation is rarely needed. Lots of fire roads and narrow switchbacks/trails though. 2018 Sport with Rubi suspension and 33ā€ MT Rubi wheel/tire take offs. I accidentally ordered the longer 11ā€ but wanted to see how they would work.

Install was easy, but obviously the links are long and are close to the fender liners. I articulated the unlocked sway bar to figure out where it might hit, then hit the area with a heat gun and pressed a tennis ball into the fender liner.
After some wheeling, I need to move my fender liner modification forward a bit. You can see in the dust where they were rubbing slightly, but this is about the max for me so I think the 11ā€ will work out well.
Drive off the pavement, jump out and twist two knob, and back in the Jeep and you are disconnected. 15 seconds tops and just as fast to reconnect. Highly recommended.

Thumbnails below, first pics are to show the flex and then where the Autolynx are in the flexed position.

28267655-A8D5-4D40-8BF0-45BFEF9D40E3.jpeg

FC05CB37-941D-4657-BEEF-CC704F1460DC.jpeg

A2820353-E899-41CF-BCD2-6EC2EF1E9C3C.jpeg

5726880E-1B13-47F5-BF54-CD7AE4D0606E.jpeg

B8F46FEA-B63F-43EA-9983-049BD9789DBD.jpeg

16C58DAD-DC9A-475D-80DA-FBB687F9A889.jpeg

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I got a chance to exercise the Autolynx a bit today. First, my Jeep is not a rock crawler so absolute max articulation is rarely needed. Lots of fire roads and narrow switchbacks/trails though. 2018 Sport with Rubi suspension and 33ā€ MT Rubi wheel/tire take offs. I accidentally ordered the longer 11ā€ but wanted to see how they would work.

Install was easy, but obviously the links are long and are close to the fender liners. I articulated the unlocked sway bar to figure out where it might hit, then hit the area with a heat gun and pressed a tennis ball into the fender liner.
After some wheeling, I need to move my fender liner modification forward a bit. You can see in the dust where they were rubbing slightly, but this is about the max for me so I think the 11ā€ will work out well.
Drive off the pavement, jump out and twist two knob, and back in the Jeep and you are disconnected. 15 seconds tops and just as fast to reconnect. Highly recommended.

Thumbnails below, first pics are to show the flex and then where the Autolynx are in the flexed position.

28267655-A8D5-4D40-8BF0-45BFEF9D40E3.jpeg

FC05CB37-941D-4657-BEEF-CC704F1460DC.jpeg

A2820353-E899-41CF-BCD2-6EC2EF1E9C3C.jpeg

5726880E-1B13-47F5-BF54-CD7AE4D0606E.jpeg

B8F46FEA-B63F-43EA-9983-049BD9789DBD.jpeg

16C58DAD-DC9A-475D-80DA-FBB687F9A889.jpeg
After doing that clearancing it stopped rubbing? Iā€™m looking at this as a solution for now until I get longer shocks and the shorter version will be maxed out with the shocks iā€™m gonna throw on it.

In theory, at least in my head all thatā€™s really needed to clear them full flex is about 4-5in over the autolynx to clear the jeep resting in bumpstops.

Last edited:

FFM069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Just installed my Apex swaybar links (the longer version). Iā€™m also running a 2.5 inch Rubicon Express lift (3 in in reality) and they work great. Even when flexed they donā€™t really touch the inner fender liner. Iā€™m sure that when at full flex they might touch a little but overall Iā€™m super happy with them. I donā€™t really push the swaybar down either to lock them in place but instead just drive off and the swaybar will then lock itself into place automatically when I hit a small bump. Overall super happy with the product and highly recommend it!!!

Sponsored

Audiomate

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Yep, DadJokes nailed it. I have 2.5ā€ RC lift. I measured the RC links and set up the AutoLynx as instructed to match the RC links. Problem is my RC links were to small. Which I never checked to see if they were over centered.

I was in the fence between Antirock and AutoLynx. Iā€™m glad I chose AutoLynx. Itā€™s very stable on the road and easy to unlock and lock. Unlocked I have good flex.
How many inches at full flex do you have with the autolynx? Would you it flexes as much as the antirock?

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
How many inches at full flex do you have with the autolynx? Would you it flexes as much as the antirock?
You get the same amount of flex as if you did not have took your sway bar links off. Essentially when you unlock the AutoLynx you sway bar is completely disconnected. Have had mine for 6 months and havenā€™t looked back. There is no on road sacrifice either.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
You have roughly 22ā€ inches of travel with an Autolynx. Your Jeep and almost any will never have the much travel in one direction. Autolynx are in no way comparable to an anti rock

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
My autolynx is supposed to be coming in on saturday it seems. Gonna update when I install on the jeep though. Bought the 10.5ā€ stroke version for some future proofing and plan on using a heat gun and tennis ball to clearance the fender.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I've had the Autolynx on for several months now, and love them, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the shaft is rotating a bit, i.e. the knob no longer faces straight fore and aft.

The driver-side has rotated about 15Ā° clockwise, and the passenger-side 60Ā° counter-clockwise. Still working as normal though.

Has anyone else experienced this? The shaft is still tight enough that it can not be rotated by hand.

@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) is some rotation normal and allowed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I've had the Autolynx on for several months now, and love them, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the shaft is rotating a bit, i.e. the knob no longer faces straight fore and aft.

The driver-side has rotated about 15Ā° clockwise, and the passenger-side 60Ā° counter-clockwise. Still working as normal though.

Has anyone else experienced this? The shaft is still tight enough that it can not be rotated by hand.

@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) is some rotation normal and allowed?
Hmm, nothing like that here. Iā€™m around 10k miles post install. At first I had some noise but had to go back and further tighten the top nut more.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hmm, nothing like that here. Iā€™m around 10k miles post install. At first I had some noise but had to go back and further tighten the top nut more.
Thanks. I've got maybe 4-5,000 miles on them, and they were still lined up until a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the passenger-side, locked:
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect 20210824_130855

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Perhaps get it cleaned up well, especially up top around where the snap ring is and try to flush out sediment. Spray some WD 40 down toward the snap ring via that crevice. Then try putting a wrench on the bottom to gently turn it? It should pivot on that chromed shaft. Worth a look anyway.

I cleaned it a bit today when I took the photo, but good recommendation, I'll take a look again. I thought this was a "no-lube" part though. Don't want to form gunk in there from dust collecting on wet lubricant. The knobs still turn very smoothly.

@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) Does the "Link Mounting" nut in the intructions do anything to prevent the shaft from rotating? It doesn't seem to, and I don't know where that big crow foot is, so I don't want to mess with it.

Or is it only the bottom assembly that holds the shaft orientation? I see that thereā€˜s a hex at the bottom of the shaft, can I rotate it from there? Is there anything I need to loosen first?

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
I cleaned it a bit today when I took the photo, but good recommendation, I'll take a look again. I thought this was a "no-lube" part though. Don't want to form gunk in there from dust collecting on wet lubricant. The knobs still turn very smoothly.

@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) Does the "Link Mounting" nut in the intructions do anything to prevent the shaft from rotating? It doesn't seem to, and I don't know where that big crow foot is, so I don't want to mess with it.

Or is it only the bottom assembly that holds the shaft orientation? I see that thereā€˜s a hex at the bottom of the shaft, can I rotate it from there? Is there anything I need to loosen first?
Are you talking about the blue knob rotating around with the silver ring base under it? If so I did have that with mine. I reached out ApexDesign and AJ instructed me on how to fix it. If itā€™s the same thing as mine there was little to no red loctite on the nut under the blue knob. Iā€™ll look for my email with AJ. It was an easy fix with the AutoLynx staying on the Jeep.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Are you talking about the blue knob rotating around with the silver ring base under it? If so I did have that with mine. I reached out ApexDesign and AJ instructed me on how to fix it. If itā€™s the same thing as mine there was little to no red loctite on the nut under the blue knob. Iā€™ll look for my email with AJ. It was an easy fix with the AutoLynx staying on the Jeep.

You mean the inch or so long silver sleeve directly below the blue knob? I just went out and gave them a twist, and seem solid.

I think mine is a different problem, but thanks for the suggestion.
Sponsored

Last edited: