First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Im pretty set on getting these, trying to decide on the size. I have a sport with 4dr rubicon suspension, so since the shorter option lists factory Rubicon should I go with that? Or get the longer ones to “future proof” since these are pretty expensive.
I would probably shoot them an email.

I guess if it’s in the range of adjustment for the longer Autolynx to accommodate a stock height you could do that.
Sponsored

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
I would probably shoot them an email.

I guess if it’s in the range of adjustment for the longer Autolynx to accommodate a stock height you could do that.
I did my adjustments to my AutoLynx today and it was smooth with some prior suggestions from ApexDesigns to heat up the body nut to loosen the lock tight from the prior install. Used a heat gun and also used it on my stock fender liners to keep the link from rubbing. No cutting needed.

I highly recommended the AutoLynx. They’re pretty easy to install, stable, and super easy to flip the knob and now your disconnected. Added some photos

9CFD82C6-7252-4EF0-924E-C907782F752A.jpeg

B0C99F29-CC27-402B-95F2-1C64A86A8B40.jpeg

DBA90470-63E9-4720-9ED0-96D0554A2C14.jpeg

7BF5DF8D-2ADB-45AE-81BE-4153063FF673.jpeg

C52D31F4-CC8E-4040-8C5D-892E625D84EE.jpeg

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Okay I think i’m gonna add this to the list... You guys convinced me and my dad, so he and I hate you guys.
Is it a requirement to pair the longer 10.5” version for example with shocks that are longer than stock? I’m not planning on anymore lift, but am planning on slightly longer shocks. My logic is telling me yes but I’m just double checking.

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Okay I think i’m gonna add this to the list... You guys convinced me and my dad, so he and I hate you guys.
Is it a requirement to pair the longer 10.5” version for example with shocks that are longer than stock? I’m not planning on anymore lift, but am planning on slightly longer shocks. My logic is telling me yes but I’m just double checking.
Most likely yes. But I would call or email Apex and ask before you order. They were great and answered all my questions. It’s a great product and I love them.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’m curious to see how much clearance-ing i’ll need to do. I’m told I’ll need the 10.5” stroke version but that I’ll need about 2” in bumpstops. Which I’d also prefer not to do as I’m running rubi springs. I’m gonna get these soon in a few months and see from there with clearance and a heat gun involved with a hitch.

Last edited:

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Just got my
I’ve been looking at sway bar disconnects for my “stock height Rubicon suspension Sahara” throughly for a year planning my build and when I was about ready to order JKS, Antirock, the ORO Swaylok, Or even retrofitting the stock Rubicon swaybar but making it manual activation I came across a post by someone here who found this company out of Utah called Apex Designs and their unusual take on sway bar disconnects. (That was definitely a run-on sentence. My English teachers would be proud.)

I really wanted an easy button and reliability. One incident I read of with the Sway Lok was someone tore off a sway bar mount. I don’t know the circumstances and maybe it was setup incorrectly but that wasn’t the dealbreaker. One owner here said it worked fine but regretted not just going with the Antirock.

With the Antirock, it sounds like a solid product but it seems like a half way point between disconnected and not while on the highway. I have reservations about whether I should toss my kid or the wife the keys to use the Jeep. How will it work in emergency avoidance situations?

With the stock Rubicon sway bar it’s mostly about the cost although it would likely end up the top candidate with safety in mind when you are not disconnected.

Then there is the most economical option which is the JKS disconnects. They are a totally solid solution, especially for the price, but I was really hoping for more of an easy transition between connected and disconnected. I guess I just dread encountering a situation where I am having to fight for a few minutes to get those things reconnected when there is a bunch of mud rocks and stuff you have to lay on while one is taking a rubber mallet to it etc. I guess that would be worst case scenario and I cannot say I have first-hand experience with it. I know some have said that it’s relatively easy to reconnect. I guess it’s those testimonials that say it is not always easy to reconnect that give me pause. Then there is also having to cut the stock mounting tab off of the axle tube. That said, I think I was leaning this direction the most when factoring in safety and cost.

Then I hear about this Apex Designs product and start looking at it a little more and I have found myself curious to the point I did something I normally don’t do with products, I took a chance and ordered the product willing to take a total loss of the money that I paid for them.

I hope they are safe, reliable, and really do disconnect with a a 1/4 turn of that blue knob up top. If they are all of these and last a few years, I’d say that would be a win.

If they’re junk, I’ll have no problem giving my opinion on that here. So this is no promo, it’s a conversation starter and me pointing something out to my fellow Jeep friends here that are looking for sway bar disconnect options. For the mild moderate stuff I do my results may not be the same as yours. It would be interesting if anybody here tries them in some extreme environments like rock crawling. If you are one of those, get some, beat the hell out of them and tell us how they work and hold up LOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect C52D31F4-CC8E-4040-8C5D-892E625D84EE

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect C52D31F4-CC8E-4040-8C5D-892E625D84EE
Just got my set yesterday. I ordered on Friday afternoon and got em on Monday. They look to be really well built. They'll be replacing my noisy, squeaky, cant keep the bolts tight even with Locktight, Teraflex quick disconnects. Really looking forward to Not climbing around in the dirt/mud, and fighting with those things. But the Teraflex was a lot cheaper...

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
If there were options for those of us with no lift or under 2”, I’d have put those on the list. Unfortunately I don’t think they do yet. At least not one that keeps the sway bar angle that I’ve read is recommended.

If there’s other new products I’m unaware of, please share!:like:
Yup!! Apex makes a shorter set(8in) for 0" - 2.5", just released last week. That's what I got. I have no lift, but will eventually go with a 2".

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yup!! Apex makes a shorter set(8in) for 0" - 2.5", just released last week. That's what I got. I have no lift, but will eventually go with a 2".
I was talking about non Autolynx alternatives. I ordered the same, 0-2” lift, Autolynx at the end of January.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The good: my Autolynx shipped today!
The bad (maybe): accidentally ordered the 10.5” size so hopefully it fits my sport w/ rubicon suspension without too much “massaging”

Sponsored

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

The good: my Autolynx shipped today!
The bad (maybe): accidentally ordered the 10.5” size so hopefully it fits my sport w/ rubicon suspension without too much “massaging”
Keep us posted with how the install goes and how you like them.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Just installed the shorter version of the APEX Autolynx on our Sport S (stock suspension) yesterday. Very straightforward install, didn't need to jack the vehicle up or take off the wheels. Plan on eventually installing Fox 2.0 shocks, when they're available again. Did a little 3" bunny flex after the install, just to see how they work. Super easy to connect/disconnect. Seem to be very well made. Will be interested in seeing how well they hold up to Illinois road salt next winter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect BunnyFlex

Best,
-Tim

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Got my autolynx this week too, installed them and played around on a dirt road today. This was the best flex spot I found lol. I can’t wait to wheel with them soon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect CCDB29D9-42E6-4FD5-AF34-B0732F8A84CC
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect 6BDE4F1A-A846-4F60-A224-08B861086865

toppper

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport '18, Jeep Renegade '19
Myself I got a set of these a couple of months ago. Used to have no lift on my Sport at a time. Although, I am running a set of Fox shocks for 0-1.5" lift with declared travel of 9.6". According to "DO NOT USE WITH LONGER THAN 8.5" STROKE SHOCKS" on Apex website, I chose a longer - 10.5" - version. Obviously, those didn't fit at all. Nearly no clearance on fender liner instead of desired huge travel they suggest. In our email thread with guys from Apex they seemed a little astounded and an only suggestion was to add at least 2" of bump stop extension. It was not an option, as would limit the free travel of axle to a 0 distance between the plastic bump stop and extension...

Attempt No.2 included new Rubicon springs and 0.5" levelling spacers with long Teraflex bump stops. Conclusion: daily rides are fine. With links engaged and flex limited by the sway bar, it's just ok. But with links disengaged, bump stops get fully compressed, and top of the link push against fender liner and something behind it. After small investigation, I discovered this something is the radiator of my LED headlight.

Overall conclusion:
The only solution to run these is to have a long and firm bump stop extension mounted on the axle. But, likely, there still can be some issues, as with lesser lift you have to expose more of link body on top of it. The design seems to be somewhat poor. Some of indicated positions you can adjust to on the longer version of it may be no usable at all.

On the other hand, I should admit that build quality is superb, and likely those with at least 2" lifts would enjoy these for a long time.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I’ve been looking at sway bar disconnects for my “stock height Rubicon suspension Sahara” throughly for a year planning my build and when I was about ready to order JKS, Antirock, the ORO Swaylok, Or even retrofitting the stock Rubicon swaybar but making it manual activation I came across a post by someone here who found this company out of Utah called Apex Designs and their unusual take on sway bar disconnects. (That was definitely a run-on sentence. My English teachers would be proud.)

I really wanted an easy button and reliability. One incident I read of with the Sway Lok was someone tore off a sway bar mount. I don’t know the circumstances and maybe it was setup incorrectly but that wasn’t the dealbreaker. One owner here said it worked fine but regretted not just going with the Antirock.

With the Antirock, it sounds like a solid product but it seems like a half way point between disconnected and not while on the highway. I have reservations about whether I should toss my kid or the wife the keys to use the Jeep. How will it work in emergency avoidance situations?

With the stock Rubicon sway bar it’s mostly about the cost although it would likely end up the top candidate with safety in mind when you are not disconnected.

Then there is the most economical option which is the JKS disconnects. They are a totally solid solution, especially for the price, but I was really hoping for more of an easy transition between connected and disconnected. I guess I just dread encountering a situation where I am having to fight for a few minutes to get those things reconnected when there is a bunch of mud rocks and stuff you have to lay on while one is taking a rubber mallet to it etc. I guess that would be worst case scenario and I cannot say I have first-hand experience with it. I know some have said that it’s relatively easy to reconnect. I guess it’s those testimonials that say it is not always easy to reconnect that give me pause. Then there is also having to cut the stock mounting tab off of the axle tube. That said, I think I was leaning this direction the most when factoring in safety and cost.

Then I hear about this Apex Designs product and start looking at it a little more and I have found myself curious to the point I did something I normally don’t do with products, I took a chance and ordered the product willing to take a total loss of the money that I paid for them.

I hope they are safe, reliable, and really do disconnect with a a 1/4 turn of that blue knob up top. If they are all of these and last a few years, I’d say that would be a win.

If they’re junk, I’ll have no problem giving my opinion on that here. So this is no promo, it’s a conversation starter and me pointing something out to my fellow Jeep friends here that are looking for sway bar disconnect options. For the mild moderate stuff I do my results may not be the same as yours. It would be interesting if anybody here tries them in some extreme environments like rock crawling. If you are one of those, get some, beat the hell out of them and tell us how they work and hold up LOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect 6BDE4F1A-A846-4F60-A224-08B861086865

The JKS discos are perfect and takes less than a minute to disconnect. Keep in mind you can drive disconnected no problem on any conditions as long as you don't take any fast turns. You get to the trails, you disconnect. You get out, you re-connect. And you get to keep on-road manners stock.

Reconnecting is really easy too. You can drive the Jeep on the road, it is fine, until you find a flat spot to reconnect.

There are no downsides to it. And you can always jack one side of the axle a little bit to line them up in case you truly need to reconnect on a sport that's not perfectly flat. But again, you can drive with the sway bar disconnected for a bit, it is fine.

These clever but overly complicated options, including the JLR electronic disconnect are a waste of money imo. K.I.S.S.
Sponsored