Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Didn’t even know this exist for the JL. Now I have another one to consider. What are the advantages and disadvantages over the other two?
Think of this as in-between the other two.

You can adjust the stiffness of the spring to suite your ride.

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Think of this as in-between the other two.

You can adjust the stiffness of the spring to suite your ride.
I understand that part. Are you running this? It seems like the AutoLynx is a little easier with the flip of the knob to disconnect as opposed to switching out springs. My Jeep is a daily driver as well. Might be a pain to drive to the trail and switch out sprints. I guess that depends on how easy it is to switch the springs out. I’m in AZ so we have a lot of washboard roads leading to the trails. Kind of nice to have softer stability on them.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I understand that part. Are you running this? It seems like the AutoLynx is a little easier with the flip of the knob to disconnect as opposed to switching out springs. My Jeep is a daily driver as well. Might be a pain to drive to the trail and switch out sprints. I guess that depends on how easy it is to switch the springs out. I’m in AZ so we have a lot of washboard roads leading to the trails. Kind of nice to have softer stability on them.
Yea, the JKS is more like Anti-rock, you just set it and forget iit and don't need to manually flip anything. But it however allows adjustments, which the Anti-rock doesn't offer.

I'm not running it, but I am running the regular JKS quick disconnects. I like the Autolynx, but not sure about cutting into my fender liners.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine is a work in progress and I likely will not install until I get tires and add my Rubicon fenders.

I wish these were more common and able to be more closely inspected. I don’t see a weak point really. Absolutely more robust than a factory link but easily adjustable. It’s an ingenious but simple design. Still, I can’t say with 100% confidence it’s bulletproof but most parts have weaknesses. (Antirock ripping out a sway bar mount.) I don’t think the function is in question really. That’s been illustrated.

For the relatively low price when considering the ease of the transition between connected and disconnected WITHOUT air or electric complexity/weaknesses...it seems a good deal to me if it holds up. That said, Being a weekender at best, if it lasts me 3-4 years...I think it paid for itself.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yea, the JKS is more like Anti-rock, you just set it and forget iit and don't need to manually flip anything. But it however allows adjustments, which the Anti-rock doesn't offer.

I'm not running it, but I am running the regular JKS quick disconnects. I like the Autolynx, but not sure about cutting into my fender liners.
Did somebody have to cut their stock fender liner? I thought it was an aftermarket metal one.

With a 3.5” lift I think the guy earlier was running the version that’s a couple of inches longer.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Is it really that hard to disconnect/reconnect sway bar links? I just don't see the draw here.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Is it really that hard to disconnect/reconnect sway bar links? I just don't see the draw here.
Hard? No. Easier and possibly cleaner? Sure. I think of it like running the 2 cfm compressor or 5+ cfm. You pay to save time and to get the “easier” button so to speak.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did somebody have to cut their stock fender liner? I thought it was an aftermarket metal one.

With a 3.5” lift I think the guy earlier was running the version that’s a couple of inches longer.
I could be wrong, But pretty sure if you need to cut into an aftermarket fender liner, you will need to cut into the stock liner as well. The stock liner generally provides less clearance than aftermarket.

Sponsored

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Gotta say these look very interesting, just wish the price were a little lower.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I could be wrong, But pretty sure if you need to cut into an aftermarket fender liner, you will need to cut into the stock liner as well. The stock liner generally provides less clearance than aftermarket.
Who had to? It might just be one part number.

There are two part numbers. One for 2”+ lifts that is for a 10.5” stroke. The sub 2” lift set is for up to 8” stroke.

https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect

If it’s 4xnaz you are referring to, there’s a slippery slope of many other changes when you go with a 3.5” lift. You might have to cut every fender made for that Jeep.

The other guy here who installed a set of the 8”Autolynx didn’t say anything about cutting his stock fender liners on his stock height Willys.

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Who had to? It might just be one part number.

There are two part numbers. One for 2”+ lifts that is for a 10.5” stroke. The sub 2” lift set is for up to 8” stroke.

https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect

If it’s 4xnaz you are referring to, there’s a slippery slope of many other changes when you go with a 3.5” lift. You might have to cut every fender made for that Jeep.

The other guy here who installed a set of the 8”Autolynx didn’t say anything about cutting his stock fender liners on his stock height Willys.
Oh ok, interesting, in that case I might even give it a go as well.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in between the AutoLynx and the antirock. Please give any feed back on the AutoLynx.... 2018 Jeep JLU 2.5 inch lift with 35s

thanks
I am really impressed with the functionality of these links. The electronic disco was always hit or miss and manual links are a pain in the ass to reconnect at most times. You get out to air down the Jeep anyway, now an additional twist of the knob at each link to disconnect isn't any bit of a struggle. And when trail time is done, air up and twist the link knob to its original position on uneven ground or not, push one side until it locks and the other side will lock during normal driving.

IMG_20210307_151037_453.jpg

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
LOL, hey, that's my rig!! I just installed these links a few weeks ago. I've removed the Rubicon electric sway bar and replaced with a Sport sway bar. I went with the longer links of the two options that are offered. As you can see, I had to cut an area of the inner fender liners to allow for the full compressed travel of these links but that didnt bother me art all. They are as simple to use as they are advertised. To unlock the sway bar, its just a quarter turn on the top knob of each link. And the best part is its even easier to connect. No need to be on level ground to get these to hook up. Just twist each knob back the quarter turn and push down on either one of the links until it snaps into place. The other link will follow suit immediately or as you drive a bit depending on how different the level of each tire is sitting at. Here are some more pics I took that show the links in their locked position with a comparison to their fully extended position.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX sway bar disconnect IMG_20210307_151037_453
These look great in your Jeep. What height is your lift. I have 2.5 inch lift and according to their website they recommend the larger AutoLynx. Just curious if I’ll have to cut my stock inner fenders? How’s the ride off road? Is it a little more stable than completely disconnected? Also curious on the longevity of them. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored