Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Yes the zeon 10 S will fit and so will the factory led fog lights.
please let me know if you need anything else.
I really like the bumper but if it mounts up precisely why do you have to pre-install and then paint / powder coat and remount it. Why would the paint or powder coating get nicked up in the install process if everything was engineered correctly? I cannot be without my Jeep for a few days and I won't drive around like a hillbilly with no bumper for a few days.
Sponsored

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara Black on Black on Black
Installed the fab fours stubby front bumper last night and really like it, but I am struggling with what to do with the bumper frame part deal that hangs down below the bumper for the factory skid/ air dam thing. (circled in red in the photos)

I see 4 options and was wondering what anyone thought i should go with.
1. do nothing, leave as is
2. hack off the metal to get a more streamlined look
3. modify the stock metal part that goes there (wont fit as is with the fab four bumper, only a couple small notches would need to be cut to make it fit)
4. buy an after market front skid that should fit, such as this one - https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rampage-trailcrawler-skid-plate-black-7688/_/R-CLSG-7688

Has anyone dealt with these another way? any suggestions are appreciated. I am leaning towards option 2 or 4 above.
It's a Sahara with 3.5" MC game changer lift on 37s.

232831-df12e4462c5c9dbba9722778745a6692.jpg

232832-15d7001f235547a771af5062ee29ff05.jpg

Attachments

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I really like the bumper but if it mounts up precisely why do you have to pre-install and then paint / powder coat and remount it. Why would the paint or powder coating get nicked up in the install process if everything was engineered correctly? I cannot be without my Jeep for a few days and I won't drive around like a hillbilly with no bumper for a few days.
They want you to pre-install so if it doesn’t fit right, you can send it back and they’ll replace it. If you paint it or powdercoat it, they won’t take it back. When I did my install, I removed my stock bumper, test fit the new one, took it off, and put my stock bumper back on. I then took a week to paint the new bumper, then I took of my stock bumper and installed the new one for good.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Is anyone running the Body Armor 4x4 full width front bumper? Curious about wheel clearance issues with a stock Rubicon.
Did you find out anything? I am also looking for feedback on this bumper (for 37s).

Also, anyone running the ARB Bondi Deluxe full-width bumper yet? Would love feedback on that one as well specifically with clearance with the tire while offroading.

Koufax80

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Looking for A super basic TJ style bumper for my JL...not really into all these angles, regardless of how functional they may be.

Anyone know of anything / in SoCal and want to fabricate one?

Something like this...

J113344.jpg
I've looked and looked and can't find anything like this but would love one! Flat, low profile, slightly wider than grill width... c'mon, somebody make one!!!

Sponsored

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Doesn’t ANYONE have any information when @ROAM will haven the Slimline front bumper available again. Seems like they have just made a few of the things they have and then move on to developing new products and forget all about the products they already have. I was put on a waiting list by Anthony but haven’t received any info on when it may be available.

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door
Installed the fab fours stubby front bumper last night and really like it, but I am struggling with what to do with the bumper frame part deal that hangs down below the bumper for the factory skid/ air dam thing. (circled in red in the photos)

3. modify the stock metal part that goes there (wont fit as is with the fab four bumper, only a couple small notches would need to be cut to make it fit)
4. buy an after market front skid that should fit, such as this one - https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rampage-trailcrawler-skid-plate-black-7688/_/R-CLSG-7688

Has anyone dealt with these another way? any suggestions are appreciated. I am leaning towards option 2 or 4 above.

How was the install on this bumper and where did you get it from??

Trez23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited

I just installed the same exact bumper on Saturday and having the same issue on what to do with that frame where the skid was

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
I also installed the FF stubby. My issue with it was one of the mounting studs wasn’t strait (had to put a socket over it and bend it straight with a breaker bar) and one of the studs wasn’t welded and fell out. Other than that it mounted up great and looks really good. I have a sport so the floods won’t work. Any aftermarket flood options you’d recommend? Regarding the frame I’m inclined to cut it off.

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara Black on Black on Black
How was the install on this bumper and where did you get it from??
Install was easy. Worst part was taking off the original bumper and getting the fogs and electrical harness out. I did it all solo. took about an hour.

As for the skid. I ordered the rampage trail crawler skid from 4WP and had a terrible time getting the part and dealing with their customer service. The skid ultimately showed up, damaged, 10 days after I had ordered it. So I am sending it back, getting a refund, and going with the mountain off-road enterprises skid instead. https://mountainoffroad.com/collect...ep-jl-front-skid-plate?variant=14539471388783
Will update with photos when I receive it and install it.

Sponsored

geduardo

First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know a few of you were waiting.

My Jeep was in the body shop for 5 flipping weeks!!!

Anyways, I did a test fit this week. I will replace the fogs with Baja Design Squadron Pro's which I verified will fit. I'm being a little indecisive about a winch.

Garage photos for now. More photos when I finally install the winch and the Baja's, in another week or two.

c_oc=AQkMEE_c3UGMWH3YhZvKd27qZ9l1nYpUS3lXaVCNHBWc2xeWuB5PhUmQqEwFb-oNONI&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQlfS8K1D3RJFUy8sAyyD109ntGX0N6ixPlIis0hONoZNEE3zCXt277mrjor2UKwm8s&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg
Any updates on your build? Curious to see it with the Bajas. Considering the same setup. Thanks and awesome Jeep btw.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Doesn't look like this one has made the list yet. I had never heard of these guys, but I saw this set-up on a JL parked at my local grocery store and it got me looking at it. The company is called Rage 4th and apparently is a start-up owned by a 3-time KOH winner. Made in the USA, high quality materials, beautiful design and finish work, and lots of cool features including integrated fog light mounts, integrated 20in light bar mount, semi-recessed integrated winch mount and fairlead, integrated ARB twin compressor mount, bull bar, and D-rings set up for recovery and/or flat towing.

608e53_08ba2791b9c84ff6b3dd0ba5fc178ad3~mv2_d_2550_1700_s_2.jpg

Rear bumper is pretty slick looking too and accommodates the factory receiver and wiring, factory proximity sensors, room for a 40" spare tire, and windows for flush mounted back up lights.

608e53_e58d4c0fd83e492a888b4dacdb0473ad~mv2_d_2400_1600_s_2.jpg

I think these look like some pretty sharp bumpers. The styling really appeals to me, the design looks well thought out for large tires and approach/departure angles, and they check all the boxes so far as features go. I am a bit concerned about how much abuse that light bar might take being integrated into the skid, but then again I guess the front skid on my previous Jeep never really took too much damage even traversing the Rubicon and other such trails. Now for the downer... only sold at 4WP, and they retail for just shy of $1000 for the front bumper, just shy of $1000 for the rear bumper, and oh yeah... just shy of $500 if you want the front skid included.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Install was easy. Worst part was taking off the original bumper and getting the fogs and electrical harness out. I did it all solo. took about an hour.

As for the skid. I ordered the rampage trail crawler skid from 4WP and had a terrible time getting the part and dealing with their customer service. The skid ultimately showed up, damaged, 10 days after I had ordered it. So I am sending it back, getting a refund, and going with the mountain off-road enterprises skid instead. https://mountainoffroad.com/collect...ep-jl-front-skid-plate?variant=14539471388783
Will update with photos when I receive it and install it.
That's the only kind of service 4WP mail order knows how to provide and why I try really hard to not buy from them. Let your wallet do the talking.

But seriously guys....just lop the crash bars off. It was the first thing I did to my JLUR

jeep8

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I looked for something different, and found the Deegan 38 from Extreme Terrain. I wanted a bumper with a fitted skid plate, and it looks good all together.

J108786-JL_alt7?obj=car&color=161,160,170&gloss=20&wid=810&hei=608&sharpen=1.jpg

20190928_110135 (2).jpg

20190928_105914.jpg

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Doesn't look like this one has made the list yet. I had never heard of these guys, but I saw this set-up on a JL parked at my local grocery store and it got me looking at it. The company is called Rage 4th and apparently is a start-up owned by a 3-time KOH winner. Made in the USA, high quality materials, beautiful design and finish work, and lots of cool features including integrated fog light mounts, integrated 20in light bar mount, semi-recessed integrated winch mount and fairlead, integrated ARB twin compressor mount, bull bar, and D-rings set up for recovery and/or flat towing.

608e53_08ba2791b9c84ff6b3dd0ba5fc178ad3~mv2_d_2550_1700_s_2.jpg

Rear bumper is pretty slick looking too and accommodates the factory receiver and wiring, factory proximity sensors, room for a 40" spare tire, and windows for flush mounted back up lights.

608e53_e58d4c0fd83e492a888b4dacdb0473ad~mv2_d_2400_1600_s_2.jpg

I think these look like some pretty sharp bumpers. The styling really appeals to me, the design looks well thought out for large tires and approach/departure angles, and they check all the boxes so far as features go. I am a bit concerned about how much abuse that light bar might take being integrated into the skid, but then again I guess the front skid on my previous Jeep never really took too much damage even traversing the Rubicon and other such trails. Now for the downer... only sold at 4WP, and they retail for just shy of $1000 for the front bumper, just shy of $1000 for the rear bumper, and oh yeah... just shy of $500 if you want the front skid included.
This has me intrigued. I’ve been waiting for the AEV bumpers and have finally given up on those. I need to get these dang plastic bumpers off my Jeep. I was looking at LoD for both front and rear, but I wonder if these rear bumpers work better with the rear backup sensors than the LoD bumper. Not sure if I am willing to take a $1K gamble on these. Ugh. Decisions are hard.
Sponsored