Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
I've been waiting for the AEV bumpers for a long time and recently got some facebook advertisement on the new Rugged Ridge bumpers. Anyone looking into them? How are their bumpers?
Sponsored

Nachostheclown

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is anyone running the Body Armor 4x4 full width front bumper? Curious about wheel clearance issues with a stock Rubicon.

majorbison

First Name
dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
canā€™t wait to ditch the plastic ones that came on my rig. iā€™ve got a few qā€™s for those of you whoā€™ve been following this thread;

bumpers that retain the factory hitch, secure the 4&7 pin outlets and have license plate mounting provisions... is that asking a lot? if So iā€™d def sacrifice the plate but out here having a plate not illuminated can get you pulled over.

Stubby fronts have always been attractive to me yet i donā€™t see a lot of JLUā€™s doing the stubby rears. any particular reason? seems very common on jkuā€™s.

last but not least - carrying a spare on the stock swing or an aftermarket bumper - is there a preference? i ask because if the stock swing is no good then a carrier goes on my list of bumper criteria.

thanks for whoever reads this and especially the OP and contributors to this thread

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
canā€™t wait to ditch the plastic ones that came on my rig. iā€™ve got a few qā€™s for those of you whoā€™ve been following this thread;

bumpers that retain the factory hitch, secure the 4&7 pin outlets and have license plate mounting provisions... is that asking a lot? if So iā€™d def sacrifice the plate but out here having a plate not illuminated can get you pulled over.

Stubby fronts have always been attractive to me yet i donā€™t see a lot of JLUā€™s doing the stubby rears. any particular reason? seems very common on jkuā€™s.

last but not least - carrying a spare on the stock swing or an aftermarket bumper - is there a preference? i ask because if the stock swing is no good then a carrier goes on my list of bumper criteria.

thanks for whoever reads this and especially the OP and contributors to this thread
I just ordered the LOD Offroad Destroyer shorty with the tire carrier. I think it meets most (maybe all) of your specifications

majorbison

First Name
dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just ordered the LOD Offroad Destroyer shorty with the tire carrier. I think it meets most (maybe all) of your specifications

the only thing iā€™m not on board with is the hitch and place for locating the trailer lighting. iā€™d like to retain those factory items as much as possible

Sponsored

Maxrobb00

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Iā€™m starting to look at other bumper options myself. I have AEV suspension and wheels and Iā€™m about at wits end waiting for them to release the bumpers. Smittybilt has pics of the XRC Atlas for the JL but itā€™s not released either. I might go Warn but I bet as soon as I do then AEV will release theirs.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Iā€™m starting to look at other bumper options myself. I have AEV suspension and wheels and Iā€™m about at wits end waiting for them to release the bumpers. Smittybilt has pics of the XRC Atlas for the JL but itā€™s not released either. I might go Warn but I bet as soon as I do then AEV will release theirs.
That's how it always works!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Added the link for the Savvy front bumper. I don't know how much I like it though. I prefer the same style and thickness as the TJ and JK. Also, it is steel and I would prefer aluminum. I may have to see if they JK can mount to the JL instead when the time is right.

https://savvyoffroad.com/product/jl-krawler-lite/

57209101_2333263703360543_3211346720801685504_n.jpg
Interesting. I wish it were alum too but I think it's about the best looking bumper on the market..that's just me though.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
IMG_0053.PNG
IMG_0054.PNG
IMG_0056.PNG
IMG_9443.JPG

Poison Spyder Crawler Line, front and rear.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Haven't poked my head in this thread in a while. I know there are a couple of manufacturers that have address the rear license plate issue. Have any others stepped up and address this, or have they taken the lazy approach and ignored it?

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't poked my head in this thread in a while. I know there are a couple of manufacturers that have address the rear license plate issue. Have any others stepped up and address this, or have they taken the lazy approach and ignored it?
From what Iā€™ve been seeing: you either relocate to the spare or get another bracket that goes under the tail light.

tml513

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Anyone else on here with either the Hauk Predator bumpers, or the ADD Rock Fighter? These are the two in final contension right now. Anyone have any insight to either? Thanks.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
From what Iā€™ve been seeing: you either relocate to the spare or get another bracket that goes under the tail light.
RockHard 4x4 is the only vendor I saw with the plate in the bumper. AEV is supposed to release one at some point in the future.
I installed the RockHard 4x4 steel rear bumper yesterday.

35BED332-30C1-49F7-AC2E-4D81E86E815B.jpeg

DFC2777B-4AC6-46B7-A50A-557AADF44442.jpeg

A4979DA4-1AAA-40D4-A3CC-7491F2051634.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: EAE