Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Here is a pic of the EAG full width rear bumper/tire carrier setup installed. First though review on it. Texture coating isn’t as. I’ve as my rugged ridge front full width bumper but that’s ok I can live with that. Tire carrier is supposedly rattle free so far without driving my Jeep around with it on I can shake the carrier and it rattles a little don’t think I’ll even notice it while driving. Tire carrier latch seems nice but the handle its self is plastic hope it lasts. The bumper didn’t come with a license plate relocation bracket. But did come with the camera wire extension which seemed good quality so far. The instructions are not the best. Leaves a lot of Important information out but for persons with any mechanical knowledge can figure it out. Relocation for camera wire is just sticky pads and zip ties. I’ll be drilling and taping proper straps. In the next couple weeks when I find something I like. Over all satisfaction of the bumper is seven out of ten so far. Price was only 600 bucks for the full setup. That is also factored into the 7/10 review

FA09D7CD-F6F3-4CA9-822B-8FA25AAA8C7B.jpeg

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Here is a pic of the EAG full width rear bumper/tire carrier setup installed. First though review on it. Texture coating isn’t as. I’ve as my rugged ridge front full width bumper but that’s ok I can live with that. Tire carrier is supposedly rattle free so far without driving my Jeep around with it on I can shake the carrier and it rattles a little don’t think I’ll even notice it while driving. Tire carrier latch seems nice but the handle its self is plastic hope it lasts. The bumper didn’t come with a license plate relocation bracket. But did come with the camera wire extension which seemed good quality so far. The instructions are not the best. Leaves a lot of Important information out but for persons with any mechanical knowledge can figure it out. Relocation for camera wire is just sticky pads and zip ties. I’ll be drilling and taping proper straps. In the next couple weeks when I find something I like. Over all satisfaction of the bumper is seven out of ten so far. Price was only 600 bucks for the full setup. That is also factored into the 7/10 review

FA09D7CD-F6F3-4CA9-822B-8FA25AAA8C7B.jpeg
Maverick - I have the same rear bumper but with the led lights. Install was fairly easy. I thought getting the EAG installed was easier than taking the stock plastic bumper off! I have the license plate relocation kit and it works well. Also have the third brake light relocation kit which I'm not in love with. I'll be changing that out as I want to put the brake light where the license plate is. I may modify the EAG plate bracket to accept the light or get the LOD relocation kit. No sure yet. I have no rattle while driving. As Maverick stated, time will tell how the bumper holds up but for now, it's very good.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Added the link for the Savvy front bumper. I don't know how much I like it though. I prefer the same style and thickness as the TJ and JK. Also, it is steel and I would prefer aluminum. I may have to see if they JK can mount to the JL instead when the time is right.

https://savvyoffroad.com/product/jl-krawler-lite/

57209101_2333263703360543_3211346720801685504_n.jpg

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hello, i search this bumper, someone know the brand?

Luca

54D57361-871C-4112-A87B-688C7EE84604.jpeg
Looks like a Smittybilt if I'm not mistaken. It never occurred to me that it's possible to customize the little addon pieces with color like that, very cool.

Sponsored

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I found it. it’s a GoRhino
Ah good to know. Smittybilt also does the little extra accents that come apart like that which is what made me guess. Theyve got a similar shaped one I want to called Stryker but it's a stubby now that I looked at it.

Josht10

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon unlimited
I just ordered mine how is the installation?
Very straightforward, good instructions. The only issue I had was a little bit of powder coat in the threads of the nuts that hold the fog light brackets it. I had to use a long ratchet to get enough leverage to “rethread” them with the bolts. Not too big of a deal.

Sponsored

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Systems Engineer - Manager
RedRock 4x4 has added many more since the list was created. This is the Stubby HD Pre-Runner. Absolutely love the angles and aggressive look. Very tough and resisting rust very well after months of exposure to the elements and hard wheeling.

image-222802ab-8ec8-48e8-a81e-ebbaba2bf218.jpg

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I am liking these Poison Spyder and ExpOne license plate relocation brackets. I installed the JCR Offroad one from my Vanguard/Shield bumper and carrier, and while it's OK, the included lights are lacking including the license plate white LED having crud adhesive - it's coming off after 1 day. I'm modifying it with a bracket to put the OEM 3rd brake above the camera and use an Amazon sourced light on the top of the plate or use LED-containing bolts. Wired the license plate light off of the OEM harness and ran wiring, along with Rigid cube light wires, through grommet under plastic trim near passenger rear lights.

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Very straightforward, good instructions. The only issue I had was a little bit of powder coat in the threads of the nuts that hold the fog light brackets it. I had to use a long ratchet to get enough leverage to “rethread” them with the bolts. Not too big of a deal.
Installed it! Awsome!

8381233F-FCEE-4545-A60A-8586E40A0D81.jpeg

4BFA6C9B-A1C9-421F-91E8-08EA50C90CE5.jpeg

3E7611C4-A09C-403E-AFB5-A0BED6109FD6.jpeg

F3FEEBD7-A004-444F-91ED-5698DA23B494.jpeg

9590BCAA-19E2-44B5-9A21-5CD47EDAF5B6.jpeg