Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just ordered the Smitty XRC Gen2 stubby front. Love the looks but was debating back and forth due to weight. Should not be a huge issue at this point. Plan to add most likely a Quadratec Q Performance 10k winch or Smitty X20 10K winch. Can wait to get rid of the plastic bumper.
Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Just ordered the Smitty XRC Gen2 stubby front. Love the looks but was debating back and forth due to weight. Should not be a huge issue at this point. Plan to add most likely a Quadratec Q Performance 10k winch or Smitty X20 10K winch. Can wait to get rid of the plastic bumper.
I ordered today the Smittybilt Stryker in stubby (but can go full later if I want!), although that XRC Gen2 was interesting and the LOD's (but long lead time; maybe for the rear later). I wasn't sure if it was actually in stock yet, but I see tracking info from Quadratec today. Also adding the same Smitty winch in synthetic (the Warn and Superwinch are nice, but double the price for the USA-made ones), although saw it cheaper at another site - oh well, I need it ASAP for an outing. Will post in a week or so with pics. I am looking for lightbar ideas for that Stryker. 2018 JLR stock so far except for CB. Soft top finally shipping too!

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

Sponsored

kkipp9

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Military
Are Westin bumpers any good? What is their quality like. Do they swap right in?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I like the Motobilt bumpers. I just wish the rear wrapped around to the fender flares more like the factory bumper.

Does anyone have one of these installed with a picture more from the side?

Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) {filename}
I too like those but man that side view looks bad. I wish they wrapped around.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just installed the Smitty XRC Gen 2 (part 77807). Install went well although some issues regarding manufacturing quality. One main mounting stud was cross threaded from the factory. I cut off aboutt 1/4" of this stud and finally got the nut to thread. One of the fog light mounting studs attached to the bumper had welding slag attached in which the nut could not be threaded on to it. I dremeled this slag off and managed to get the nut to thread. As well, one of the mounting studs for aftermarket fog lights (which I did not use as I was mounting my stock LEDs) was bent. If I ever go aftermarket, it's going to take some ingenuity to straighten this stud. Tightening the eight screws/nuts that secure the fog lights is impossible. No way to get a wrench on to the nuts while turning the hex screws. I anticipate these loosening over time and will check occasionally.

Pros
-Heavy and seems well built. I like the D ring mounts as they are probably a 1" chunk of steel slotted through the body of the bumper and welded on each side
-Good access to mount winch
-Numerous aftermarket light mounting options as holes are already drilled
-Sufficient cool holes in the skid plate/lower section fo the bumper

Cons
-Heavy (need two people to install as lining up the six mounting studs took a couple of tries with my sons help)
-Attention to detail from the factory (manufacturing)
-Packaging (two of the larger styrofoam pieces were obliterated in the box)
-Instructions not the greatest (trying to figure out the last step in attaching the skid plate mounting brackets and bolts took some time. I've included a pic below to show how it goes together)

Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
I went with the Innovative Creations Inc (ICI) Magnum RT Stubby, ordered through Quadratec. Bumper and skid plate came well packaged, no damage even though box was a little busted after being entrusted to the tender mercies of UPS. Now I have more plastic peanuts and bubble wrap than I know what to do with. Separate box of parts with instructions enclosed.
After wasting around 2 hours I absolutely could not figure out how to do the OEM fog lights, so contacted ICI live chat. Within 10 mins they emailed me new instructions; turned out 2 pages had been omitted from the instructions included in the box. Once I had those, the fogs were done in about 15 minutes. After that install was straightforward; all the parts need were there and, except for one bolt that needed impact encouragement, went together easily.
Weight of bumper and skid plate is approximately 100 lbs. Nice powder coated finish. I’m not looking to run a winch, but will add a fairlead and D rings to finish the look.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Thats a good looking bumper. Quadratec has it on their site. The install instructions show a hoop.
Yeah both them and Northridge opened up preorders. Rugged ridge told me they don’t have a total weight yet and they expect shipping mid June. The hoop I don’t believe is included it’s a separate part number

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Saw these Rugged Ridge bumpers at the Carolina Beach Go Topless event today. Nice to see what they look like in person.

The_Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Business Owner
So I posted this on its own earlier and it didn’t get much attention, this bumper was shown at the poison spider sema booth but not covered on their sema thread on here. Anyways I hope they are still making it, it really matches the mopar front bumper for those that want to keep it but want a sturdier option for the back and the only other bumper soon to be on the market that does the same is the AEV.

The image is of a Smittybilt Apollo bumper. I like this one too and have been watching for a release date. Sign at SEMA said 2019 Q2. See images here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...products-build-sema-2018-jlwf-coverage.17600/
Sponsored