Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful jeep. I have the westin triple rail and really liked their bumper options. Do you know the weight of the bumpers and did you notice any sag on suspension when installed?
I do not know the weight, but I am sure Westin can tell you. It should be no different than other aftermarket bumpers. I have it front and rear with a winch in front and the heavy 37 on the back, so it balances out. So far I did not notice any sag.
Sponsored

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I do not know the weight, but I am sure Westin can tell you. It should be no different than other aftermarket bumpers. I have it front and rear with a winch in front and the heavy 37 on the back, so it balances out. So far I did not notice any sag.
Thanks!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have different-branded front/rear bumpers? I'm curious as to how odd this may or may not look. Reason I ask is, I have the LoD Destroyer full-width front (black powder-coated), but I still have the stock plastic rear solely because I don't want to relocate the license plate.

I don't like having front steel/rear plastic, but I'm having difficulty finding a rear bumper that doesn't move the plate to the upper left. I did some shopping around, & from what I've seen so far, it looks like this would be difficult with D-rings.

I'm thinking I might have to just eat it if i want full-width steel all around.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Does anyone have different-branded front/rear bumpers? I'm curious as to how odd this may or may not look. Reason I ask is, I have the LoD Destroyer full-width front (black powder-coated), but I still have the stock plastic rear solely because I don't want to relocate the license plate.

I don't like having front steel/rear plastic, but I'm having difficulty finding a rear bumper that doesn't move the plate to the upper left. I did some shopping around, & from what I've seen so far, it looks like this would be difficult with D-rings.

ICI rear bumper maybe? Not much out there that keeps the plate in its original location.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
ICI rear bumper maybe? Not much out there that keeps the plate in its original location.
Pickings are slim for what I'd prefer... I never saw the ICI bumper ... it also has the D-ring mounts... very nice and not much different from the LoD. Thank you for this...

Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator

For what it's worth, I was at LOD's shop on Friday and the owner told me they are working on a spare tire mounting option for the plate. You might give them a call or shoot them an email to see when they plan to make it available.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, I was at LOD's shop on Friday and the owner told me they are working on a spare tire mounting option for the plate. You might give them a call or shoot them an email to see when they plan to make it available.
I like the LoD rear and was hoping they'd have something in development. If it's not too far off, I'd wait it out. I thank you for the information.

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I like the LoD rear and was hoping they'd have something in development. If it's not too far off, I'd wait it out. I thank you for the information.
Me too, and I will definitely going that direction when I order my rear. Super impressed with the entire company and their products!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If a spare tire plate mount works, there are a few of those already on the market. ACE and Next Venture both have nice ones.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Pickings are slim for what I'd prefer... I never saw the ICI bumper ... it also has the D-ring mounts... very nice and not much different from the LoD. Thank you for this...
We will be offering a relocation kit that puts it in the center of the wheel. Fairly stout, too.

[GALLERY=media, 92]DSC04473 by lodoffroad posted Oct 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM[/GALLERY]

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
If a spare tire plate mount works, there are a few of those already on the market. ACE and Next Venture both have nice ones.
A spare tire would also work... my problem is I've only looked at manufacturers with whom I'm familiar and purchased from. I probably should expand my horizons and learn trust the other guys. I considered one I liked from DV8, but I've seen enough posts from buyers here that concerned me. I'll check out what ACE & Next Venture have.. thank you.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
We will be offering a relocation kit that puts it in the center of the wheel. Fairly stout, too.

[GALLERY=media, 92]DSC04473 by lodoffroad posted Oct 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM[/GALLERY]
That would certainly work for me. Would you have an anticipated time frame?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase

Great to hear. Will the rear camera still work?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear. Will the rear camera still work?
2-3 weeks before it's completely wrapped up and available online. It will also work with the stock tire carrier and spare!
I have your Destroyer full-width up front, and I'm hoping what you're developing includes the Destroyer series.
Sponsored